It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Predator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I admit, I am kinda looking forward to this one. It doesn't look all that bad either to be honest. I have a fondness for this franchise and even have a Predator mask hanging on my wall, I always thought it had huge potential, been a few #ty ones though.

Here's hoping!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I honestly wasn't expecting very much from this movie, but holy hell that looks good!

Very excited now!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Predator 1 was awesome , Predator 2 wasn't as good but sequels rarely are , this looks like a generic action movie featuring the Predator , sorry but it looks pants.

Hollywood need to stop looking back and start making movies again , if they still can.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I'm pleasantly surprised me self, better than I expected anyways!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Predator 2 was ok, first is the better one I agree! the 2000s movies were hit and miss, I enjoyed Predators.

Generic is fine, I don't need to be blown away everytime I see a movie, I just want to see a good flick
saying that I do think it looks decent me self, I'm in!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Red box anyone?
I usually go to movies with low expectations so I don't get disappointed.
So many movies start with a good idea and the just fall apart with a crappy story.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Looks awesome, but my only question is why would they want to hybridize with hoomans?
Sure, we seem to love violence, but we're weak in the mind and body compared to them. And really, only one of us has ever really stood up to and survived killing Aliens. We can't all be Ellen Ripley.

I'll watch it. I love Predator.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
I admit, I am kinda looking forward to this one. It doesn't look all that bad either to be honest. I have a fondness for this franchise and even have a Predator mask hanging on my wall, I always thought it had huge potential, been a few #ty ones though.

Here's hoping!

Pretty bad when Hollywood runs outta ideas except remakes...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Well, depending on the plot, it is probably because in Predator Arnie's character fought one to a stand still, forcing it to commit explosive suicide, then in Predator 2 Danny Glover's character, though first the prey, hunts the Predator down, fights him to a standstill once, then chases him down, back to his ship, and outright kills him with his own weapon. The Predators who come out to collect their dead comrade, basically express respect for Glover's character and give him an old flintlock, presumably a relic from an old (perhaps the first) human which that specific hunting party had ever killed?

In any case, its clear from the way P2 ended, that the Predators who witnessed the kill respected Glover's character, perhaps even the human race. Think about it. You are a race of alien superpredators, using technology well in advance of everything that your targets have ever experienced, to hunt other lifeforms. You have spent hundreds of years in pursuit of worthy prey, fought hulking monsters, on worlds inhospitable to all but the most brutal of lifeforms. Then, one day, you happen past a pretty, blue green planet, and decide to stop off. You observe the weak, squishy humans at work, and decide to play your game... except one of the deceptively capable little bastards causes one of your number to blow himself up, and another outright slays one of your number, despite appearing to have absolutely no chops as a combatant. No one has killed one of yours in a manner like that for... ever. You are going to respect that individual, and maybe even the species from which he came, because for all that they look weak and have crap guns, they are relentlessly savage when attacked, and if you are honest, they scare you a little bit.

You want to hybridize with that species as quickly as possible, and there are two reasons for that. First of all, their kind can kill yours, so they obviously have strengths that you were unaware of upon first encounter. But also, they do not LOOK dangerous, unlike your good self, an alien that looks like a cybergoth Rastafarian, who is also a member of a deathcult with a high technology focus. Also, as far as I am aware, Predators breed slower than humans do, and this might become a problem, especially since we are lead to believe that Alien also occupies universe space with the Predator franchise.

Its not as far fetched as you might think.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I read a book once that provided some insight about how they view humans and some of their culture in general. In that particular story they were using a planet that humans were also in the process of mining/developing to deploy face hugger eggs that would later find hosts becoming full grown xenomorphs for the young initiates to hunt and earn their place in the clan with respect and honor. Anyway they instructed the young that humans are inferior but capable, persistent and armed with weapons able to do fatal damage especially in large numbers which we could often be found so it was best to avoid us and go undetected only engaging when/if neccesary.
edit on 10-5-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well said!

This movie looks awesome and I would love to see it!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Snap!!
Consider me schooled.

edit on 5/10/2018 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

I thought that too, but then figured along the lines of what TrueBrit said, even more so with the later movies AvP etc

Kind of an interesting idea IMO, I want to know more about this species, what drives them etc

and sigh ...Ripley, the original female bad ass!!!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Seriously well said and awesome post mate. This is why I think the franchise deserves some resurgence, I think their is so much potential waiting to be tapped!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Isn't this the sequel to the 2010 predators movie you all seem to have forgotten about?

This one was way better than P2.
edit on 10-5-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I never forgot about it, mentioned it up there. I liked it a lot, very underrated IMO

I think Shane Black said this is set before Predators but after Predator 2 ... I may be wrong?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hey dude.. been a while.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Hey Mousy, yeah I've not been here much last year or two tbh, the politics did my #ing head in!

Hope ya good

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The first was amazing, still remember seeing in the theater with my best friend in high school.

The second was good and build upon the first very well.

After that they've all sucked though Predators I thought had some redeeming points but ultimately fell apart.

I will see this though it more than likely will not show in China so I'll have to head to Hong Kong to see it. Hopeful because Shane Black is involved but a bit cautious at the same time.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I liked the last one and all the predators movies except the one with danny glover where the predator takes on the gangs,lol

Man that was brutal.
edit on 14531America/ChicagoFri, 11 May 2018 23:14:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join