It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbours...family...and B list stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm sitting on my sofa listening to Heartbeat by Nneka banging out from my son's house next door, one of my favourite tunes...
...anyway, smiling to myself I noticed a neighbour in the gated community next to my place look disapprovingly at my son's place because of the music, it's early evening for goodness sakes. She's a B list celebrity on UK television all the time. I can't say much but she's a stuck up cow who is as fake as it comes, and she knows I know it as well, I could sell a story or two but I wouldn't of course, I'm not someone like that.
Neighbours across the road are all old and keep themselves to themselves, aside from one guy who chats when his misses kicks him out to smoke his cigar lol.
I don't really know the intent of this thread to be honest, just neighbours, family, and B list stars.
All thoughts and anecdotal tales welcome.

edit on 8-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix link

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
B list celebrity heh. I would have to, I mean have to clash with her on a regular basis and when I do I would have to shout "cooee" while waving frantically at her. She would learn to either interact with me or treat me like the black death. I have met quite a few celebrities and been on the tele a couple of times and they all seemed cool with me as I treated them as "normal" people.
I tell a lie, there was one small time guy a certain Giacomo Agostini, (that's going back something ain't it) extended my hand and went to introduce myself and he made a big show of turning his back on me. Oh dear, my only response was to call him, very loudly, a cu#. Mike Hailwood shook my hand for that one.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Haha cool story!!!
Cheers man, exactly the kind of reply I was after.
My celeb is a proper bitch and similar age to my son so he takes the piss and waves at her saying "hi" with an obviously false inflection. She may fool the tabloids but she's one of us back home and needs grounding lol.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A few years back we had a comiden that would calk in to local radio show , a friend of mine went to see him and said it was fun and he got to hang out with him after his set.
So we went to his next show, he was kinda funny , after the show we were hanging out at the bar with him and he was making jokes trying to hard to be funny he tried to make a joke and I replied with something that must have been more funny because more people laughed with me for making fun of him . my buddy said, how can you talk to him like that, he is kinda famous .
I said he is just a guy that tries to be funny and making fun of people I'm with won't go unanswered.
In the end the comic was buying our drinks because he wasn't getting his normal attention by being funny .

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Lol, I've been at some comedy gigs where the hecklers have beaten the comic!
Cool story, nice one

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Cool. I can tell by the lack of flags people love this band. Don't worry my thread didn't get any either. I guess people don't like Gated Community Music or Kick ass Dream threads.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Lol, I never care about flags n stars, I just like the chat with folk around the world.
I do love that track by Nneka though, there is a fantastic remix I'll post in a minute, and lmao me and my son are next door to the gated community, they hate us.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

lol 'thank Christ' I was hoping someone would say that. Stars are a new thing. They mean nothing.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
About the only celeb things I have to contribute to the thread are once working at a cafe that catered to clientele at the gym next door, and crapping my pants after the fact when I realized I'd sold a couple of waters to Sean Connery. I freakin' shook hands with 007 and it didn't even click until he walked out the door, "Thank you, Lass!" < gracious handshake > and out the door he went. Me, after dawning realization: "OMFG, that was Sean Connery, OMFG!" It was suburban Tampa, I'm not sure why he was there to begin with, let alone in the 'burbs, but from what an employee of the gym let slip, he spent time there once in a while when he wasn't filming anything. Alrighty then, everybody has somewhere they like to go

And backing out of a parking space at the grocery store, we backed into Aimee Osbourne (Ozzy's other daughter) backing into us. It was an awkward exchange, but damage was determined to be non-existent to both rear bumpers and we exchanged pleasantries and went our separate ways. We recognized her right away, but her discomfort was palpable, we didn't let on we knew who she was, I think she didn't want to have anyone realize who she was -- she seemed almost painfully shy in person.
edit on 5/8/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Stars meh, wish I could post youtubes of my B list snooty neighbour lol, total bitch, vid's at parties would be a money maker, but I'm not that kind of guy.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Excellent story!!!
Sean was the mutts nuts as 007, I'd love to have a pint with him.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh my, you live next to the gated community and they hate you? My god the potential for that. Kerching. Buy a barrel of rough and put up a sign "free tasting". If they come out of their "cage" and try it it will probably give them the shi#s. If not call a few of the local pi#heads and have a party. Do this on a regular basis and I'll guarantee you the "people" in the cage will come to you with an offer for you to f# off, sorry I mean relocate. Your turn to sting them and move to a nicer neighborhood.
If you don't want to move set up a local Morris Dancing Troupe and practice regularly on their entrance road and when they complain go to the papers and say these new interlopers are trying to stop local traditions.
You could even invite other Morris Dancers for a competition.
Oooo, the potential for disruption is vast.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

hahaha you twat!!!
We're the peasant scum next door, I #ing love it when I see her on TV!
Makes me realise how brainwashed British people are.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Stars meh, wish I could post youtubes of my B list snooty neighbour lol, total bitch, vid's at parties would be a money maker, but I'm not that kind of guy.

lmao, Brilliant idea. My bitchy neighbors yappy mutt would make for a great home movie. But, I'm not that kind of gal.

I mean gal forsaken .. ugh i'm so not good with interpretation.
edit on 8-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Excellent story!!!
Sean was the mutts nuts as 007, I'd love to have a pint with him.

I would, too! He was so normal & unassuming, the man didn't act like his s# didn't stink by any means like most celebrities seem to fall into doing. Granted, all he did was buy water, he was very polite & friendly about it.

My husband used to work for a window tinting company before we met, that catered to the wealthier residents of the Tampa Bay region. His favorite story to tell was tinting Brian Johnson's windows at his home in the area. It's something I'd have thought was BS if we didn't already have a family friend that plays golf with Johnson regularly and remembered him being at the house with the tinting crew, lol. Both say Johnson's about as laid back & mellow as it gets & very easy going. Can't say I'm not jealous, I'm jealous. More of our family friend that has been golfing with him since forever & never said anything, now THAT'S a trusted friendship!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Lol we sing from a similar songsheet then!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Lol cool as # story!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ha, I agree with the B lister! That music is terrible lol

I know a B lister who crashed hard in the last year. Name that lister!?!?!?!?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Ha, I agree with the B lister! That music is terrible lol

I know a B lister who crashed hard in the last year. Name that lister!?!?!?!?

You not like the Nneka vid in the OP? Are you crazy?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anybody knows Carlo Pedersoli (Bud Spencer)? He´s pretty famous in Germany for the Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill movies. If you turn on your TV on sunday in Germany, you still have a good chance that you find a Spencer movie running at least on one channel.

I once met him but did not know that it was him at first. He was here in my country because we named a public swimming pool center after him. The reason why it was named after him is that he won a swimming contest there in the 50s.

Had a invitation to the event, I wanted to see the renovated pool center and the food. I heard rumors he would come but did not really expect to see him or that those rumors are true.

Regardless, I was about to take a leak when he came in to the toilet room and stood next to me. Did not really noticed him at first of course. We both washed our hands and I noticed in the mirror that this big guy was looking for the handtowels, so I gave him one. They were on my side of the faucet, now I know why there were towels and not paper tissues as usual.

When he smiled at me, it hit me like a lightning bolt. I asked in english "...excuse me Sir for annoying you but are you.." He said "Ja" in German, I asked him if he enjoys his day here (in german, don´t know if he really understood me)

He nodded friendly and smiling, I smiled back and we both went our ways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join