It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthier people from other states are moving into California while those with less money move out.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

There are no manufacturing jobs since a lot of them went overseas in the 1980s and 1990s due to neoliberal policies.

You mean... capitalism?

I'd probably avoid Utah. I have friends who live in AZ and love it. AZ/NV is beautiful country but I don't know what the job market is like. North Carolina is also nice.

As a Trump supporter, have you considered Russia?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: projectvxn

Uhhhh believe it or not, a lot of us working class liberals aren't fan of those rich regressive liberals who run around causing trouble.

Until you move to my state and demand gun control, safe spaces, and high taxes.
edit on 8 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

"Moving to Cali in droves"? I doubt that very much. Sounds like a 'PR' piece to boost local morale.

It would be interesting to see the list- if there is one- of the 'wealthy' that are moving to Cali., however. I've long held the suspicion that the Cali moves, including the independent Cali crowd are being backed, both financially and politically, by outside Cali and even U.S. individuals.

Might be worth checking out....

edit on 8-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Last I heard CA was the most poverty state in the union.

www.politifact.com...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Many of them are working class minorities who feared moving to the Mid West and South because they see the place as full of KKK and other white supremacist groups.

This kind of thing always makes me chuckle, I grew up on the "enlightened" east coast, never had a white girlfriend till I was in my 30s, I as a skinny white kid faced all kinds of intolerance for dating outside "my group".

I move to the middle of the country, and most of the couples I see are mixed race, are there racists sure but the majority of the people are more of a leave me alone and ill leave you alone.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well then it's obvious,ain't it? Those with money can afford to live in the most exclusive neighbourhoods where NIMBY is not even a consideration - Because only other elites can afford to live amongst them as neighbours.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam
never mind, should have hit refresh before posting.
edit on 8-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's a little to general to talk about all of California. It's really the coast line that has the crazy high real estate costs and that is driven primarily by Pacific Rim macro-economics.

Sacramento, Redding, Fresno, and about 1000 other cities away from the ocean are still fairly reasonable and affordable for the middle class.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I get it...

Those people that don't have the ambition, education and drive to be successful in a state, find scapegoats to blame for their economic failures.

Seems to be a trend to blame others and not take responsibility for your unfortunate circumstances.

edit on 8-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well a lot us wanted to be successful but the problem is that we are struggling to even pay our basic necessities due to high rent prices. We can't last long if we keep staying here.

Young working class people cannot earn a high income. They need a starting job and sadly they don't pay enough for them to live on their own.

The young people you see in California are probably children of rich parents or at least well connected.

In fact, many jobs here require unpaid internship experience and that's something not many of us low income people can afford.
edit on 5/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 5/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It's called gentrification. It's happening all over the large UK cities too.

They can have their 5G mind prison. I'm heading for the hills ASAP.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Interestingly, the white liberals in Beverly Hills are very racist. While they call Trump and conservatives racists, they look down on brown people and think all of them are poor.

That's exactly what they do. They project their own abhorrent beliefs onto patriots.

If anyone can't see this then they are either wilfully ignorant or they are a complete idiot. It can't be both.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hence the gentrification. Rich neo-liberal c#nts get to laugh at the peasents living in tents. Every day!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just do not move any to Oklahoma. This place sucks with all our freedoms and land. Trust me, you do not want to move here. I am Native American and my racist black and white friends would not accept you.
edit on 8-5-2018 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Uh yeah.... because rich people love paying the highest taxes in the land living in New York California or Illinois. I'm sure that's how they got rich in the first place.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't laugh at those less fortunate than myself. I donate to faithbased charitable organizations and give money to street people when they ask me. I'm blessed to be able to give what I can.

This hatred of the rich is out of control....

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Hence the gentrification. Rich neo-liberal c#nts get to laugh at the peasents living in tents. Every day!

Do you hate the billionaire Trump family and call them c#nts. Or are they in another category?

What is the criteria to be a neo-liberal c#unt?
edit on 8-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Well a lot us wanted to be successful but the problem is that we are struggling to even pay our basic necessities due to high rent prices. We can't last long if we keep staying here.

Young working class people cannot earn a high income. They need a starting job and sadly they don't pay enough for them to live on their own.

The young people you see in California are probably children of rich parents or at least well connected.

In fact, many jobs here require unpaid internship experience and that's something not many of us low income people can afford.

At some point you have to grow up and decide to move. Just because you want to live somewhere doesn't mean that there will be opportunities for you to earn a living. There are a lot of places I'd love to live, but I don't know how I'd pay my bills in those areas, so we just choose to visit instead of living there full time.

Yes, there are some industries that are hard to break into.... entertainment being one of them as you often times do need to work unpaid to get your foot in the door. Life ain't fair. The sooner you realize it, the better off your life will be.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Do you hate the billionaire Trump family and call them c#nts. Or are they in another category?

What is the criteria to be a neo-liberal c#unt?

A: I didn't mention Trump.

B: Trump doesn't live in CA.

What was your point again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join