It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deoderant Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For millennia, nay, for eons, we all smelled the same. Nobody noticed. Then, one day, some nimrod in a lab somewhere came up with a concoction that made people's armpits smell different. Some marketing executive somewhere got the bright idea of selling the stuff to make money, so he started a campaign to convince everyone everywhere the they smelled bad and that everybody around them was noticing it.

People, being the gullible sheep that they generally are, sniffed their own armpits and said, "Yeah, I do smell," and lined up to buy this new miracle product that addressed a problem that suddenly jumped out of nowhere after eons of human existence.

And that, my friends, is how a consumer market works.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've always had a weird theory that deodorant is part of the reason for so many #ty relationships. I've met tons of couples where one hates the way the other one smells unless they're wearing deodorant. I've never seen a couple like that last or be happy with eachother....

Pheromones and other things are carried in our sweat. I think deodorant #s with this. There's been a few studys showing that people in happy relationships tend to be calmed by their partner's smell. And one I remember seeing a long time ago where they had people smell random clothes before showing them pictures of the people they belonged to....the clothes that belonged to people they found attractive smelled nice to them but the others did not.

edit on 6/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
For millennia, nay, for eons, we all smelled the same. Nobody noticed. Then, one day, some nimrod in a lab somewhere came up with a concoction that made people's armpits smell different. Some marketing executive somewhere got the bright idea of selling the stuff to make money, so he started a campaign to convince everyone everywhere the they smelled bad and that everybody around them was noticing it.

People, being the gullible sheep that they generally are, sniffed their own armpits and said, "Yeah, I do smell," and lined up to buy this new miracle product that addressed a problem that suddenly jumped out of nowhere after eons of human existence.

And that, my friends, is how a consumer market works.

S# man, you ain't smelled me au naturel on any given day yet. Some of us really do reek something fierce & need all the odor tamping help we can get.

Personally, men's Speedstick gets me fairly close to overall pleasant. Women's ones just smell like powder & rotting flowers on me.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

You spray deoderant in your ear ??

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Shampoo.
Soap.
Water.
Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream whipped with a badger hair brush.
Straight razor honed on a leather strap.
A little Uomo cologne after shaving.
A little dab of Brylcreem. [ cause a little dab'll do ya ]

OG way to smell good.

Hmmmmn......
I think I luv you!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join