It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick and Kanye West for Summit on Race

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

God knows that's true. That narrative has alienated a whole lot of white people.

How could it not? Which I'm pretty sure is the point. It discourages good people from even interacting and engaging because they know they're already "wrong" no matter what they do... and it encourages other people to refuse to interact and engage because there's no point when those other folks are just "bad" and "wrong" no matter what they do. It's a vicious self-feeding circle.

Not only from POC, but from Institutions, like Government and Academia as well.

That, and the personal destruction of anyone and everyone that gets in the way. Good people (and their families) are destroyed for political purposes and it's shameful. It's no wonder we get stuck with the worst of the worst running for office.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Okay.

Then can we wish the summit participants well together? And hope for the best together?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
A “summit on race” in one of the least racist countries in the world. It is the stupidest idea i’ve hear this week.

And I hope that's the stupidest comment in this thread.

There is no denying the racial division in this nation -- at least not honestly. It's everywhere. Much of it manufactured and provoked. Much of it used to drive a wedge between the people. Doesn't matter though. It's still a big problem from many angles and for many reasons.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think Stormie D should represent the white people at this summit on race. And Alex Jones as moderator, to keep with the reality TV theme.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think Stormie D should represent the white people at this summit on race. And Alex Jones as moderator, to keep with the reality TV theme.

Oh dear no... Stormy will be much better representing the #MeToo movement... and Alex Jones can represent the Conspiracy Theorists... and only the Donald himself can truly do justice to the reality TV moderator role...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Okay.

Then can we wish the summit participants well together? And hope for the best together?

Of course, I would love actual progress and think this is exactly how you do it. You get the people together and work on the solution. No one does this (until trump) because no one actually cared about finding solutions.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There is no need for a summit on race. If anyone needs a summit, it is the black community who needs to get over the victimology and come to terms with the fact that white people are not holding us back.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
There is no need for a summit on race. If anyone needs a summit, it is the black community who needs to get over the victimology and come to terms with the fact that white people are not holding us back.

What we all need to understand is that the script has been re-written.

There are very good solid reasons why so many Black people feel they have been held back by Whites: 1) Because it's true in many ways, and 2) Because it's been drilled into their heads for political gain.

But today's racial issues are being manufactured to promote hate and division among us all... and we're all subject to the abuses of government in various ways and to various extents. The first step is for folks to sit down and share their own experiences, so others understand that it's as much a class war on the people as it is a race war, and that ultimately it's about those in power against those not in power.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What we need is a media and government that stops fostering division, since they won't, I am all for this.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

at least they won't get arrested for trespassing since they're meeting with the president and they have a little profile...

who knows...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

“It’s not going to be a black-only event,” says Scott. “It will be a melting pot.”

This proves it once and for all.

Such a lack of White Guilt inherently means TrumpCo. are a lot of hardcore evil racist scum.

That's a misreading of him. He's a black Trump supporter. fwiw I've never read "melting pot" as a pejorative
edit on 6-5-2018 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Great idea.

How better to hear from the people than to have some of the people come speak together?
edit on 6-5-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Can't omit white people from the discussion when the president is white.

Trump is the white guy in this discussion and he gets the last say.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
"Ye shall know them by the fruits of their labor"

Full title at link: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

President Donald Trump has given the green light to multiple meetings with athletes and musical artists to discuss race, Cleveland-based pastor Darrell Scott, an outside adviser to the White House adviser, tells PEOPLE.

Kanye West [snip] has been invited, says Scott, along with former NFL star Colin Kaepernick and other athletes and musicians of multiple races and ethnicities.

“It’s not going to be a black-only event,” says Scott. “It will be a melting pot.”

This pastor supported Trump during his campaign, and probably has more than a little empathy for Kanye and the very public verbal abuse he's getting for refusing to "not love" Trump... Reverend Scott's been there and done that!

Pastor Darrell Scott Called a Sellout, Uncle Tom for Supporting Trump

And apparently Reverend Scott is giving Kanye's recent activities some of the credit for making this summit happen:

While details of the meetings will be ironed out next week, it’s expected that there be a musicians’ summit followed by a gathering of athletes in the early summer—with both held at the White House, says Scott.

The idea had been on the drawing board “for quite some time now” and got a boost following last week’s Trump-West Twitter exchange, the pastor adds.

I love it. This is how it's done. It's a real good start at least. By opposing sides talking and communicating and sharing concerns and hopes and ideas. By finding common ground; then finding practical and acceptable solutions that serve EVERYONE's best interests. And this is possible now with the summits including both friends and foes of Trump. So, hopefully and prayerfully, all involved can get past "Trump" and their own comfort zones (and egos) to work for the greater good.

Scott says that Trump envisions the summits as a healing mechanism. “The president said that this will go a long way in bringing everybody together,” he says. “He wants to bring this nation together.”

If these summits are conducted with respect and dignity on both sides, with open hearts and minds, then yes, this will go a long way in bringing people together, and finding new answers to tired old problems. That's healing at its best.

I wish everyone involved the best of luck and the brightest blessings. And a big fat THANK YOU!!! to anyone and everyone working to make this a success. It's a win for ALL of us!

So let me get this straight, tRump wants to black people to convince black people to convince other minorities that everything will be ok? If I'm not mistaken the 13th amendment settled this.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

at least they won't get arrested for trespassing since they're meeting with the president and they have a little profile...

who knows...

Let's hope so. But nor would it be the first time someone high profile was treated poorly by LEOs... We'll see, eh?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm hoping the participants will be quite diverse. And yes, including White people but not just Trump. It wouldn't be a discussion if not. It would just be another an echo chamber...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

So let me get this straight, tRump wants to black people to convince black people to convince other minorities that everything will be ok? If I'm not mistaken the 13th amendment settled this.

Um... nope... that's not it.

And yes, you are mistaken about the 13th amendment settling "this." Obviously.

But it's all good. Your snark and general lack of respect for their efforts (which, of course, are no sweat off your back) is a good reminder of just why this is necessary, since this disregard and disrespect (and much worse) for our fellow countrymen is what brought us to this point to begin with.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

There's no resolving anything when the last say doesn't come from reasoned consensus.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

It may have something to do with black unemployment rates falling to historic lows under President Trump. But then you would need to take off your hate blinders to see that feature.

www.bloomberg.com...

Black Unemployment Is at an All-Time Low

edit on 7-5-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well said.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join