It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Was Accused Of Attempted Rape. He Became A Progressive Star Anyway.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Crazy....this guy was in my class...grew up with him. Have kinda kept in touch since we left high school. He is pretty big in tech and politics.

Source

On April 28, 2008, Sarah Schacht received an email that terrified her. The Sunlight Foundation, a government transparency group, had invited Schacht, the head of a budding good-government nonprofit, to join a conference call. There on the invitation list was Clay Johnson — a man she says once tried to rape her.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow... he sounds like a right nasty piece of work.

What the hell is a guy like that doing in any campaign sphere, leave alone working for progressives? Bleh.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Wow... he sounds like a right nasty piece of work.

What the hell is a guy like that doing in any campaign sphere, leave alone working for progressives? Bleh.

His wiki page has his quote that seems to confirm it all. Story just came out yesterday. How quickly they fall!

In response to his actions Johnson stated, "My entire career was littered with treating people very poorly,” he continued. “Whether that was the Sunlight Foundation, the Dean campaign, or anywhere else I worked. I did not behave appropriately. I was awful to people, to nearly every single person, and I really wish I hadn’t been.” [10]

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here he is at the height of his prominence meeting with Obama's team. He's the one with his hands up talking.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yes, I read the report and saw the attached photographs.

Awful business of course, and I do hope that he has been prevented from continuing his prominent role in progressive organisations.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The Sunlight Foundation you say?

Muckety Map

Guess who else worked with the Sunlight Foundation in the past?

Brad Bauman
Partner at The Pastorum Group
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Government Administration

Communications Manager
Sunlight Foundation
October 2009 – June 2010 (9 months)
Served as messaging strategist for campaign highlighting innovative government transparency efforts.

In case anyone needs reminding, Brad Bauman is the democrat crisis manager that was assigned to the Rich family as their spokesperson.
edit on 5-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: added muckety map

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well that is interesting. I wonder if other organizations has been in have ties as well.

So weird. I grew up playing with Clay. He was kinda nerdy in school and had bad seizures from epilepsy every so often. He had a horrible temper when he got a bit older which is kinda how I know this story is real based on what was said.

Odd thing though....he was not a bully back then, but was bullied quite a bit. I went pre-K through 12 with him, hung out at his house, had sleepovers, etc....

Just odd to see someone you knew pretty well in the news....and especially for something like this.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Something Like what exactly ? Lots of men get accused of a sex crime and lots of men never did a sex crime .
When are we going to stop the witch hunts ?
Women says a guy raped her ( tied him up drop him in the river if he floats he is guilty and drowns if he sinks he is not guilty and drowns .

If the women clams a Man tried to raped her the Evidence MUST collaborate the clam . ( You know Proof )
If it is then found out she made the clam up she should be Charged with a sex Crime !
Once found guilty the jail time should be on par with a man who had done such a crime .

Why do women get free passes every time they say a guy grabs there ass and its not true ( half of the ones making these clams are dogs that NOT even nerd would want to grab .

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Something Like what exactly ? Lots of men get accused of a sex crime and lots of men never did a sex crime .
When are we going to stop the witch hunts ?
Women says a guy raped her ( tied him up drop him in the river if he floats he is guilty and drowns if he sinks he is not guilty and drowns .

If the women clams a Man tried to raped her the Evidence MUST collaborate the clam . ( You know Proof )
If it is then found out she made the clam up she should be Charged with a sex Crime !
Once found guilty the jail time should be on par with a man who had done such a crime .

Why do women get free passes every time they say a guy grabs there ass and its not true ( half of the ones making these clams are dogs that NOT even nerd would want to grab .

Well if you read the whole article, he doesn't exactly deny anything so....not really sure where your coming from on this.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Here is another excerpt from the OP article:

Despite Schacht’s warning about his behavior, the Sunlight Foundation chose him to head its flagship technology division. He left amid a staff insurrection over his lewd and menacing behavior. And still, he rose higher.

His reputation seemed to be an open secret.

“People would go, ‘Oh yeah, that’s Clay,’” said Erie Meyer, a tech worker who said Johnson harassed her at a 2013 conference. “And I’m thinking, ‘How have you all been letting him wander the halls of progressive power and know he’s like this?’”

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

He Was Accused Of Attempted Rape. He Became A Progressive Star Anyway.

Accused.

Would you rather it read like this: "Progressives ruin careers over unproven rumors"?

edit on 5-5-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This story appears to have been in the works for a while. Clay disappeared from Social Media and blocked all from viewing...up until this morning I had been able to see his posts everywhere since we were "friends" on social media sites.

I used to get into FB debates with him for fun over his political views...he would blow a gasket sometimes.

Knowing him as long as I have, and after processing for a bit, I cant say I'm really shocked over this. He had a bad temper and as far as I remember he didn't have a girlfriend at any point in school. Seems he directed his anger at women.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a young Billy Clinton.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Lmao it's because he works with a bunch of kek warriors.

I would have beat his A** into the ground Tx style at the office and left in either handcuffs or a pink slip with a smile.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Despite Schacht’s warning about his behavior, the Sunlight Foundation chose him to head its flagship technology division. He left amid a staff insurrection over his lewd and menacing behavior. And still, he rose higher.

“People would go, ‘Oh yeah, that’s Clay,’” said Erie Meyer, a tech worker who said Johnson harassed her at a 2013 conference. “And I’m thinking, ‘How have you all been letting him wander the halls of progressive power and know he’s like this?’”

What floats to the top?

In this world Demons run things, if Satan offered the rulership of the world to Jesus he must be the top dog. Who would he choose as human minions? I doubt any good people reach top positions and anytime you see "Light" in any .ORG name it is probably pretty dark too. international volunteer organization Points of Light, anything that speaks of good deeds and goodness and light coming from the rulers of the world are wolves in sheep's clothing.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

What floats to the top?

In this world Demons run things, if Satan offered the rulership of the world to Jesus he must be the top dog. Who would he choose as human minions? I doubt any good people reach top positions and anytime you see "Light" in any .ORG name it is probably pretty dark too. international volunteer organization Points of Light, anything that speaks of good deeds and goodness and light coming from the rulers of the world are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Do you have visual or confirmation evidence that a deal of power like that was made between 2 super natural beings?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

What floats to the top?

Do you have visual or confirmation evidence that a deal of power like that was made between 2 super natural beings?

I have something better, it is called Faith.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

We think the same. I thought for sure Billy Clinton-starting at Oxford in England where he had to leave because he attacked a young woman.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

He looks like Seth Rogan.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

He looks like Seth Rogan.

Ha! I have told him that numerous times. And yes he does...even more so in person. I don't think he likes it which was why I said it more than once.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join