It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Overcome Karma: Balancing The Scales of Justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Every action has a reaction. Grapes do not come from thorns. Neither will grape seeds bring forth watermelons. If pain has come into your life, or if you have managed to escape Justice to gain pleasure over the suffering of others, that pain does not disappear from reality. It builds up.

If you can embrace suffering without revenge, but with forgiveness, then you can absorb that pain instead of unleashing it on others and that pain will fade away. If you can focus on helping others, not because someone forced you too, but with free-will, that privilege of kindness that you have shown others will also help the pain in the world to heal and fade away.

Conflict, revenge, hate speech, oppression, all brings pain into the world.

Peace, forgiveness, kindness, and respect of the freedom of others, all brings the healing of pain and the undoing of pain into the world for Happiness and Freedom and Peace.

We can bring injustice to the world by finding happiness in the suffering of others but justice will be served when we make enemies and conflicts, or we can bring justice by respecting free-will and choosing to show a hand of kindness. Wee a choice of what we will serve and our choice is made in each moment with every thought, word, and action.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

The only problem is if those suffering pain from injustice always just forgive and show kindness they get wiped out before they can say "I forgive you".
What you get is a world filled with only those who don't give a damn whom they're running over.

Justice is never cruel and it never finds pleasure in using force, but it's also not just laying flat on the back and let everybody trample over you.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The only problem is if those suffering pain from injustice always just forgive and show kindness they get wiped out before they can say "I forgive you".
What you get is a world filled with only those who don't give a damn whom they're running over.

Justice is never cruel and it never finds pleasure in using force, but it's also not just laying flat on the back and let everybody trample over you.

Forgiveness is not given for the benefit of the offender and being unforgiving does not affect them in any way, it only serves to justify hate and anger in the heart of the victim, causing them and those close to them real pain and anguish.
Forgiveness does not come from a place of weakness, it takes real strength to forgive and inturn strengthens and heals the heart and soul so the victim is a victim no more.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I think karma is like a credit card. Because obviously in the future I am going to do something really bad.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

But that way you never achieve justice. An eye for an eye, that's just.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Whats Karma got to do with justice?

Karma is more about balance.

Justice is really about extracting vengeance, and generally involves expressions of rage, hatred, or spite.

None of which would seem to help with our Karma.

Unless of course it's our government's notion of justice, then she's blind.

edit on 2-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good thing Karma is not real or the human race would have never got past playing with fire .
God it amazes me the lengths people will go through to get a pass on the Animal things they do .
We Are animals and evolved to be predators as such can and do kill without remorse .
Karma really Your just as responsible for letting Governments create more death through war as the people doing the killing heck you cheer for death .

And you say You should get some good Karma ? LOL
Humans are a apex predator and On the rare times one has evolved on earth that predator will quickly kill off it prey and go extinct . As of now the only prey humans have left is other humans .

Ps you think your a sheep ? well two wolfs will kill the sheep then try and kill each other later .

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Karma can be a bitch ... 🤯

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But that way you never achieve justice. An eye for an eye, that's just.
it also means never ending conflict that is holding humanity back from bigger and better things. Eye for an eye is a very primitive idea of justice, look at the world we live in today, do you really think this current paradigm is sustainable? I certainly don't claim to have any answers but one exceedingly brutal lesson I learnt early on in life was that forgiveness is essential for peace. In my case I think it literally saved me from a life of hate and violence, plus justice was served in the courts and I'm sure my abuser paid dearly for his crimes in prison. It was only when I realised that my hate and anger towards this man had no affect on him whatsoever, he wasn't even aware if its existence. It was however certainly hurting me and my adoptive family who where nothing but saintly to me, only by honest forgiveness towards this person that I had such hate for but would now not even recognise would I be able to find peace and happiness and move on from childhood trauma.
It did not in any way maker me weak , I felt much stronger in my self for overcoming what could have become generational trauma. I have faith that the justice system did the job it was created for rather than the jungle style justice of eye for an eye.
For all that I've also learnt that judgement is not something that I'm comfortable with so each to their own, I'm secure in my own ideas and have no desire to trash you(or anybody) for yours so each to their own I guess.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

We kill for sport though, we are not the only animals to do so, but to date, we are allegedly the most intelligent.

One would imagine we would have overcome our penchant for self-destruction down to pleasure at the very least by now.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I don't do anger and I don't know what hate is. Justice has nothing to do with revenge.

If you're a rapist you get raped, if you're a killer you get killed, if you lie and cheat everything you'll find is lies and betrayal. Once justice rules those things will vanish rather quickly don't you think?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Karma has nothing to do with justice. It has no sense of right or wrong. It is not a cosmic defender of the just.

It's much more akin to your statement on one type of seed only bearing one kind of fruit.

You should carefully (re)read the Dhamapada
edit on 2-5-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

When has justice ever prevailed or ruled completely through?

Never in the recorded history of Man to any real degree.

Granted we have some kind of semblance of such in the developed world and nations, but the fact of the matter is that justice can be purchased there.

Which somewhat creates a two-tier system, where the haves are basically above the law, and the have-nots are subject to a draconian Orwellian form of technocratic rule which we then turn around and call freedom and security.

Justice is not just blind, it's hypocritical at best and subject to perspective.

A very human construct really, and hardly synonymous with the way that nature functions, or reality for that matter where cause and effect generally dictate what happens next.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well I thought the use of the word "Once..." indicates it hasn't been the case yet?
It is big part of the ideal we all should strive for, not? Equality, liberty and justice.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Definitely, agree that we should strive for such.

Democracy though, just like all the rest of the systems of government we have produced to date, leaves a lot to be desired.

I seriously suspect that in the information age we now live that we should consider ruling by majority via our electronic communications devices. At least in the nations with an infostructure to facilitate such.

Thus rule out the majority of the middle Men aka politicians who are by default and definition corrupt and easily influenced by power and monies.

I understand this type of system would be open to abuse and manipulation but if our devices are secure enough to bank on the are also secure enough to vote.
edit on 2-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

100% agreed

new topics

top topics

join