It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a hidden code in Revelation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Rev 22v18
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds anything to these words, God will add to that person the disasters written in about in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy God will take away that one,s of the tree of life and of the holy city, which are written about in this book."

this sounds exactly like the kind of thing i would put at the end of a large piece of text if i had hidden a code in it and didn't want it destroyed by some theologians messing about with it. Perhaps Drosnin should get to work on this next

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I dont have the bible code software, so i cannot tell if there is a code.
Sorry

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
dont' worry about it i didn't think we would solve it within 5 minutes give it another half hour or so i think we should be done by then

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It is thought by some of the highest of biblical scholars that the new testimate as a whole is interconnected for a reason because they each have a piece of a code or hidden message. They think this is expressly evident because the convergence of authors in differnt authors books ie john , and daniel in revelation for one example.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

De 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Re 22:18 has reference to the many new translations of the bible that have been written this century.
Many of these new translations take away some of the meaning of the message God intended us to recieve. If you look closely you will find that most of these new translations take away the "Power Of God" and the "Trinity" you will find that verses that relate to the Trinity have been altered, and verses that relate to the Power Of God have been altered, to give them less significance.

These deceptions perpetrated by satan, through man, water down the fulness of the Spirit Of God that we have access to, and cause many to accept a lower level of "Annointing" (Power) far beneath that which is available to us.

This is part of the reason we are not seeing the Power of God manifested in a great degree around the world. These translations have "Watered Down" our Faith.

God operates by our faith in his ability to accomplish the things we desire him to do for us, No Faith = No results, Great Faith = Great Results.

These translations have caused us to have little Faith, and therefore we see Little Results.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Mt 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Mr 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by "Hearing",(Hearing the written Word of God) and hearing by the word of God.

If you take away or alter the words of Faith written in the Bible, you take away the words of Faith that we could have heard that would cause us to believe God to be able to do "All Things" in our behalf

Today we are not being taught that we could really accomplish these things and therefore do not have the required level of Faith to accomplish the task at hand.

Mr 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe,"All Things Are Possible" to him that believeth.

We have been conditioned to think that if someone would believe that they could literally move a mountain simply by using his or her faith, that they have lost their mind and are suffering from some form of delusion, while the truth is if we would believe this, we could accomplish it.

The one thing satan never wants man to accomplish is a "ONENESS" and Faith in God's ability to create or accomplish the things we desire by Faith.

Here is an example of how "Powerful" a people can be, IF WE "BELIEVE"

Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 ¶ And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth

Man once walked in this high level of Faith, satans plan is to not let us discover how easily we could defeat him, "IF" we become of "One Mind" and serve the One True God. satans plan has always been "Divide and Conquer" we can no longer allow division or we will suffer a great defeat. We the people of the World must unite, no matter what color or creed, and realize that our True enemy is satan, and attack him, not one another for we are ALL of "ONE BLOOD"

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've been back and forth (mostly back) as to whether there is a code or not. My only statment on the matter is: If there is a person in this world who will only believe if there is a code (and not the boatloads of wonderfully valuable information in the Book itself), then that code must exist. Otherwise there's no point.

Lastday Prophet, I like your posts because they are very relevant and recite valuable verses, but if I may entertain one piece of constructive criticism? The cheif complaint of non-Christians here is that we throw scripture instead of talking about it, therefore making us 'mindless sheeple'. I think you've personally said very reasonable things and so long as they're based on scripture, you may have a better chance at relating to the people here. Reading the Word is great, but showing a practical application of the Word is better, no? As far as the Christians here, just refer to the verse numbers and talk about them. We all have our Bibles here beside our computer, right?
Besides, if you make a statement and say "I think this because of Revelations 22:18" for example, you make us work for it.

It's up to you though. I know we all have our style, just trying to help.

I'm also interested in your personal revelations...if I'm not mistaken I think you'd mentioned something of the like on another thread? I wouldn't mind a U2U if you don't feel this is the time and place for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Bible has undergone radical changes in text and translation. If there was a Code, it has long been corrupted by translations and copying.

Ancient hebrew was "upgraded" in the 10th century, so anything after that is corrupted. Translating from Hebrew into english corrupts the langauge, the king james version is quite different than any prior language as well. There is no way the current language bible can be used as the basis for any code.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
u know, the book of revelation uses a lot of metaphors sometimes i find it hard myself to decipher the words, but God in his all astonishing wisdom knows why it is so, and we dare not question Him, the most important thing is we know about the message of salvation, which is simple and straight forward

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok, I am going to throw something out there that I have been wondering forever. I am curious to see what you all would say. I have read, and re-read Revelations several times. The one thing that has riddled my brian since I was a child (I asked my CCD teachers and honestly I thought I was going to hell just by the look they gave me) is...Revelations to me seems like it is talking about the past, almost like a repeat of Genisis. I do feel like he is trying to tell us something about our future, but more on the lines of "someone is hiding this from you ... here is the truth, figure it out before it blows up in your faces" kind of thing. It wasnt untill after the DaVinci code lit a spark under me that I found out that the Catholics did destroy many books of the bible, and there are still more books that were to be added that they still have, just wont let anyone see. I cant help but believe that they are hiding something that is obviously important. So maybe Revelations is trying to tell us what that is. Maybe all that nasty end of times stuff is because of some moron keeping a secret that he shouldnt have.

anyway, what do you think? I know it is way out there, but the more I read it, the more I believe it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The author was just a tad mixed up! Why else would he continue chapter 8 in chapter 16 for example?

The code is that; the book is out of order, it speaks squarely to events of Israel, from its birth n Chapter 12, to the days of the Herods; the fire in Rome and the destruction of its provinces via Vesuvius, to plagiarism out of Enoch, to wishful thinking.

The adjectives and nouns are such, unintentially I am sure, that the book may be interpreted "for ever and ever."

It does not jive with the Apocalypse of Peter which is reflective of an even more tormented mind, yet more widely accepted. It is a grand ripoff of Isaiah, Daniel and Enoch, and stops short (eating the book) of future events past those which were known to keep the story alive.

new topics

top topics

join