It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrax's Comic Avatars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Excellent.

I was hoping someone would take that avatar.
I can't wait to see how it will look on your new color scheme.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
here, now i don't have any points left, but i shure have a cool lookin avatar.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I tried my hand at the superhero thing. Captain America is cool. Umbrax, we really got to figure out how to turn off the compression when you save your avatars. Your avatars are very good now but without compression they would be even better. I suggest looking through the directions you have or going through the "help" that came with it.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
jetsetter, I just dug deep into the help file.
There is a option to bring up more options on saving a picture. However,

This option is unavailable to those file formats that are compressed to begin with.

Today I tried saving 3 different pictures with out compression but it wouldn't let me. They were already compressed before I got them.

Cool avatar you got there
Alex Ross rules.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Space Ghost.

Taken for a Space Ghost cover by Alex Ross.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Wolverine's Claw.

My first attempt at a animated avatar
. It took me 3 programs to make it so I don't know how many more I'll make

what three programs did you use?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I use Photosuite4 for image editing, Ulead gif animator for animation, and CoolText.com for the text.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, I feel so undertalented. I remember when I first tried making an avatar. It came out something like this;

Nothing like a five minute job on paint. Anyhow Umbrax, excellent work.

But there was something I wanted to ask. Is there any way to make a useable jpg file out of the create a hero program found on this thread?; www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
But there was something I wanted to ask. Is there any way to make a useable jpg file out of the create a hero program found on this thread?; www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks for the complement.
You can take a screen shot of your hero. Hit the print screen button on your keyboard. This will take a screen shot and save it to the clip board.
From there you will need to open up your image editing program. Somewhere in there you will have an option to open the image on the clip board.
Let me know if you need more help.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Arg... I can't seem to find the file. I'm not even sure if the file saved. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Look for a free program called 2020. It takes snap shots.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Look for a free program called 2020. It takes snap shots.

also Infraview lets you do snapshots, Its an awesome Freeware program that is all purpose media player in one

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
UmBrax , Just Curious can you do a Transformers avatar, and if you can find a the Destroyer (by marvel comics) they had beautiful covers.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I really love comics, always have. In fact, I've already nabbed a few of the very nice avatars that you've posted here. I'm new to the ATS community, so I will watch and see and make sure that none of the ones I've taken from here are in regular use by someone else before I begin to use them.

In the meantime, I will continue to display my own collection. I scanned these images myself from James O'Barr's stunning graphic novel, "The Crow: Flesh & Blood". They portray Iris Shaw, a lady who was grievously wronged and then brought back by the crow to dispense a little justice. As far as I know, most of these images are available nowhere else on the 'net.

I don't have any image editing software more sophistocated than "paint", so all that's been done to them is cropping and resizing. It would be nice to see them with my name or some other distinguishing marking, though, if you feel inclined to work on them.

I hesitated to use them or even post them here because I don't like the thought of seeing someone else using them LoL (ya ya i know imitation is the highest form of flattery....but still!)

Ok, enough gum flapping. Here are the images.....enjoy!

hmm...just noticed that it says "img Code is Off", so I will just post the links...

1. files.abovetopsecret.com...

2. files.abovetopsecret.com...

3. files.abovetopsecret.com...

4. files.abovetopsecret.com...

5. files.abovetopsecret.com...

6. files.abovetopsecret.com...

Number 4 is definitely my favorite! There's just something special about a chick with a gun, don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Umbrax did you stop making avaters or something?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeboiabe
Umbrax did you stop making avaters or something?

Sort of,

My computer is now burried in the backyard, may it rest in peace

I've been offline since April. My mother-in-law is on vacation so I took her computer. I'm not sure when I will be able to replace my old one.

My first priority is to clean up the 'puter, she is in rough shape.
As for me, making some new avatars, wait and see. I'll probably only be around for a couple weeks, maybe I will get a couple up

P.S.
Sweet Moon Knight avatar. I remember wanting to do one but could never find a good pic to work with.

[edit on 1/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Captain Britain.

My first avatar in 4 months
I defiantly felt rusty making it.

Believe it or not there was a time where this was my favorite super hero.
In the late 80's I would always go to the store to pick up a copy of Excalibur. Back then that was my favorite book.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I've made some quick avatars from a poster from Marvel. It is for a comic called House of M.

Ironman.

Captain America.

Spiderman.

Colossus.

Dr. Strange.

Cyclops

Falcon.

Professor Xavier

I've been reading House of M. It is most defiantly not a book for someone who is new to comics. But if you are a fan of X-men or Avengers I recommend picking it up. Issue 3 is out this week, the first 2 wont be hard to get.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was messing around with DVD screen shots and made a couple avatars.

Colossus

Wolverine

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hellboy.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join