It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alien Abduction a mental disease?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I am one of those who falls into the Aliens are Fallen angels crowd.
There is power in the name of the Messiah,Yeshua Hamashiach.One
of these days those religious fantasies will become a reality that most
won't be able to comprehend or survive.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Everything I've endured becomes moot the moment folks find out I have a diagnosis. I find it somewhat funny everything horrible started AFTER I got in the system.

After all, who would believe a mental case?

It's a perfect cover.

edit on 4/28/18 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Indeed, stigma is definitely a barrier to truth. Can you clarify "everything horrible"? I have some experience with this as well, just kinda curious what you mean.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Commoner123

The voices turned on me and became exceedingly hostile and demanding.
The fugue states.
The electronic harassment.
The gangstalking.
The sudden appearance of unknown beings.
Being unable to fall asleep for hours.

My posting history has some info about things I can't directly recall anymore as my memory has suffered greatly.

Prior to getting a diagnosis and being advised to apply for Disability, I had nowhere near the severity of unexplained phenomena...but sure enough, I get on a government list and all of a sudden I'm a "person of interest" for all sorts of inexplicable interference.

edit on 4/28/18 by GENERAL EYES because: minor addition

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I can sympathize with you here. Personally I cannot determine if it is truth or some kind of cognitive bias. I can speak to an increased rate of paranoia in close contacts that have not exhibited symptoms of paranoia prior to treatment. (And since I cannot know, if it is perceived paranoia or as you insinuate, and I have wondered, a free from reproach target its hard to determine what is actually happening) Thank you for responding, I hope to understand this phenomenon better in the future, but currently im just as in the dark as everyone else. Just thought I would share that your not alone in your thinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Commoner123

I handled most of it like a pro.
I haven't had paranoia in several years.

As far as cognitive bias goes, like I said....once you have a diagnosis, everything is suspect. Throw remote and direct targeting into the mix and you have a cocktail for not being taken seriously. Despite everything I've been through, did it not once cross your mind I may have been in disbelief at my predicament as well? And cross testing my experience through a skeptical lens? Of course not. I'm "crazy", remember?

Not to harsh on your kind comment, and no hostility here, just saying no one believes without concrete tangible proof, and these aren't the sort of things your average layman can prove without considerable investment in technologies, and even then the findings are up for debate.

It's impossible to prove.

Perfect cover.

edit on 4/29/18 by GENERAL EYES because: minor addition

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
So if you spill the beans to Mental Health facilities what will be the diagnosis?

The diagnosis is the mental health profession has lost all credibility.

The 'mentally ill' card is nothing more than a political tool used to silence and suppress those who openly express beliefs that contradict official dogma...

The diagnosis of mental illness is always a weapon. ~ Dr. Jeffrey Schaler

Deep state has co-opted the psychiatric profession which is largely owned and controlled by Big Pharma, using its Diagnostic Statistical Manual’s unlimited mental disorders as yet another weapon of mass destruction playbook for diabolical population control purposes.

MSM Fake News vs. the Truth

“Biological psychiatry is a total fraud.” — Fred Baughman, “Psychiatry” has NO, and I mean ZERO medical basis whatsoever. Psychiatry is a Total Fraud

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Not having enough formal education to know the answer to this question

Lucky for you no formal education is needed to answer this question.
Only common sense. You already know.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'd say more like a symptom of kundalini syndrome, where all five senses get shot out something equivalent of a metaphysical cannon, where some how you land on magical dragon, only to be pooped out by it like nothing happened.

Alien abductions sound no more then religious people being in the presence of whatever god influences them.
I've seen a giant fist once... popped out like it were a jack in a tesseract.

edit on 29-4-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ithink its slightly real in most cases. Some just another delusion.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Humans are fairly capable of sniffing out the mentally unsound among us without prompting, and understanding perceptions and behaviors are quite warped when the brain doesn't work right. Crossed wires for one reason or another is a hell of a lot more logical than invisible/camouflaged beings dicking with us is.

I'm sure there's aliens out there, it's a big-ass universe. Us being the only sentient creatures in it seems like a massive waste of space. But I highly doubt we're so special as to warrant Lab Rat status. I would be hard-pressed to believe creatures technologically advanced enough & capable of traversing the vast tracts of our galaxy in short order, or coming from others (be it this universe or an alternate one) if they're that advanced, dumb themselves down to... abducting and probing us.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I’ve been under the impression since I was a child that mankind is a sort of cattle, experiments for both extraterrestrial and not.

I will never dispute an abductees claim, but I will take my own ideas into account as to whether or not the incident actually happened.

Bottom line, a lot of people lie for no purpose, and at best for attention. I know someone who does this and I can tell you that not only has this person made a social fool of themselves to the point of being a pariah, but they have given even more negativity to the true cause. So, if one is serious about what has happened to them, then I feel we should take a listen.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: yuppa

Not all abductions are aliens at all.

Yeah, I failed to mention that. There's some good evidence that the "alien meme" is a distraction for something very much earth bound.

Yea.

Earth-bound beings from other worlds terrorizing our collective psyche via astral meddling.

Im not certain of much. I am, however, oddly sure that one day in the future, many people will be pleading for forgiveness and affording apologies to many people that were cast down by society as nutters...

What much of the general (i wanna fit i wanna be so popular and rich) population didnt realize was that their extensive stupidity, lack of foresight, lack of insight, lack of awareness, lack of compassion, and arrogance led to these people becoming emotional and spiritual husks. They can put on a good disguise, but they pick apart people's minds and spirits like rabid predators, but it is very much subliminal and subconcious aka hard to spot or rather, hear. Amazing how people can seem so "good" when in reality theyre essentially evil filth.

Thing is, a lot of the time,i dont think its them choosing to do so. Theyre being coerced.

edit on 5112018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just a few things here;

1. The Abduction Experience IS NOT a mental disease.

2. The Abduction Experience IS NOT a proven event. (I'm an experiencer)

3. Virtually ALL Experiencers need to take another look at their experience through a much more mundane lens. You know...go with things that are actually known rather than religious fancy, and/or, (for now) sy-fy.

Go learn about Orexin and Belsomra, visit the other Abduction thread and see my comments there about the experience and possible ways to document / collect data on the event.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I heard there's one mythical, faerie like creature that steals souls by grabbing them from inside their rectum their victims rectum and it from Japan.

It sounds like the Grey.

Traumatic and blocked memories maybe...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: majickJimi

Take a good look above my head

This pic is from a decade ago, while I was experiencing a lot of very, VERY screwed up #. Dont say I didn't warn you.

edit on 5142018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Looks like something in the sand behind you? Or you have a headdress on, lol.
Kinda eerie though, if you take it in a different light. I wasnt there and I would like to think you would have known/remembered if there was an object behind you in the sand and wouldnt intentionally lie to grab attention on an internet forum.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Are you talking other dimensional beings?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: smashdem

Looks like something in the sand behind you? Or you have a headdress on, lol.
Kinda eerie though, if you take it in a different light. I wasnt there and I would like to think you would have known/remembered if there was an object behind you in the sand and wouldnt intentionally lie to grab attention on an internet forum.
Thanks for sharing.

The yellow and dark blue stripes are a beanie/hat. If you zoom in you will see a grey thing popping out of my head and its pretty clear you can even make out an eye and a face.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: smashdem

The yellow and dark blue stripes are a beanie/hat. If you zoom in you will see a grey thing popping out of my head and its pretty clear you can even make out an eye and a face.

I saw the beanie. It could be a guitar case combined with camera glitches. It does look like there is a guitar case to your front-right though.
It could also just be a pixelization thing with the camera that took the pic.
It could be an entity.
The pic isnt clear enough to say much to me, besides raising questions(not all of which are skeptical.) I do want to believe

Whatever it may or may not have been, I hope you are in a better space and place mentally and physically.
edit on 15-5-2018 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join