It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alien Abduction a mental disease?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Not all abductions are aliens at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

I take it you did an in depth study of this subject to determine an average person? Both my mate and I are not average, she very intelligent and I a professional educator, pilot, fire fighter, contractor and designer, I do many things well, not the average. We are not into any substance abuse nor overweight. The subject is clear to us having experienced it with physical marks to show on occasions. None of this can be simplistically explained.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Not all abductions are aliens at all.

Yeah, I failed to mention that. There's some good evidence that the "alien meme" is a distraction for something very much earth bound.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

If a genuine abductee;
The reason why she doesn't have them anymore is because they have moved onto her child.

It's sometimes hard to get a for sure answer, but abductees are never the first ones in their families.
If you tell her to ask her parents (which I'm sure she already has) one of them has experienced as well.

I'm confident in saying 9/10 times
If you are experiencing it,
Then one of your parents did,
And one of their parents did, and one of their parents....

edit on 27-4-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Alien depictions could range from slightly taller (than the 3 foot ones) who have more like pumpkin heads with eyes, maybe skinny bodies with clothes and a cape. There are so many possibilities and variations

But for there to be a solid consistency, is either out of intention (hey, if we make up our story to be similar to theirs, it will be more believable) and many work off that, or the first ones being imagined like the most popularized one, and people subconsciously seeing that

and the final option for such consistency is that people are seeing that.
How much are real and how much are feelings transmitted to them from people who experienced it, is another question, but they are definitely i suppose experiencing something, much of the time

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You'll note that the Bible talks about "alien abductions" in the Old Testament. In Genesis chapter 6 we learn of the Nephilim and how they took "the daughters of man." Women were instructed to wear "veils" so as to hide the fact that they were female from these "gods." Also back in that era and based upon Sumerian texts, we see flying "gods" descending from the sky and taking women in an attempt to create the perfect "miners" for the gold to be used in their ships. Satan and his angels were who these "gods" were and that kind of behaviour is, apparently, still happening, but for a different reason. Satan is trying to "engineer" the perfect soldier to fight against God in Armageddon. (Not the Bruce Willis movie.)

It seems to me to be only the people who have not experienced any of the UFO phenomenon personally that are trying to label "abductees" as mentally ill. That's like trying to critique a restaurant and give it five stars when you haven't actually eaten there.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yeah, her parents are very reserved and old school, but her mom confided in her that unexplained things had happened to her when she was young.
Strangely, she says that's why she feels such a strong connection to me and my wife. We've had a couple UFO/paranormal experiences, my wife more than me (that I can remember). Our friend believes she "met us" before she actually met us, in one of her experiences. I get a little creeped out thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well, after reading a post on another Aliens and UFOs thread, I'm beginning to wonder about this myself. However, I don't believe these people have mental health issues. I think these people may be confusing memories of vivid alien abduction dreams with memories of reality. How else can you explain a statement like this? Are these people making these stories up for publicity, or do they actually believe in them?

They use the bovine molecular DNA to accommodate nerve grafts which enable them to implant people with simple technology....the bovine DNA fools our auto-immune system and allows the nerve grafts to hold with no auto-immune response trying to negate them......the Crop Circles are made because they are aware of the MSM lock on Humanity and have simply found a basic way to step up above this suppression.....and it has worked.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Not even close to being wrong.

If, like all diseases, it progresses, then there should be a huge segment of the population ramping up to to psychotic episodes... uh, wait.

You get that, right?? But those contactees do not “progress” as a mental disease like Alzheimer’s.

So yeah, sorry but wrong question!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'd say that at least half of the people on the aliens and UFO forum
could be said to be suffering from "experiencer syndrome".

Where they come up with crackpot ideas about UFOs and have
weird thoughts/feelings about them, after they think they
have seen one.

*cough*

It's just a milder form of the same thing we are discussing here.

That said.. i'm not saying it's not valid.. it could well be a completley
expected reaction to some radiation or other negative environmental
stimuli.

As you probably know, I had a "close encounter of the 3rd kind" in
2013, so I'm sympathetic.. but not a push-over.

I still don't know exactly what happened in 2013.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't think Betty Andreasson claims her abductors are fallen angels (demons/bad angels). I believe she claims they are angels- good angels. She believes she had an intense religious experience with God ("The One") during one of her abductions

Also- if you think David Jacobs was some naieve investigator who got unwittingly involved with a crazy woman, you're as crazy as you claim abductees to be.

edit on 27-4-2018 by KansasGirl because: Effing autocorrect is an idiot.

edit on 27-4-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think we depend to much on science at times to try to understand things unknown. Are their crazy people in the world that make up crazy stories sure. But I tell you take a trip to YouTube and watch some amateur videos of weird stuff in the sky. Sure allot of it can be explained are hoaxed but their is some that look weird. So if we are seeing weird stuff in our skies than why cant we be seeing weird stuff on the ground? Or being interacted with it. The problem with science for me and always has been but I love science and is the reason I can point it out, is allot of science especially when it comes to astrophysics is best guesses or just understanding the tip of the iceberg. Some of our best ideas now in 2018 is the multiverse theory just about 10 years ago most people would be saying you have a mental disease illness or whatever if you started trying to explain it to someone. Does alien contact stories attract conmen and conwomen, and crazy circus carnival type of folk seeking attention and money sure, but that does not mean it is not happening...
edit on 27-4-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

She very may well be correct.

I would assume there is a plan in place if she feels that way.
It's most likely not accidental that the 4 of you crossed paths.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I think believing what the government tells you has become a mental disease,not like it hasn't been witnessed nor verified,but like anything else,if it isn't verified by government,it's a hoax,the government controls us by fear,very obvious the wool has and is being held over our eyes,this is just 1 example,I do believe there are hoaxsters,but some old and verifiable cases

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

The Watchers were the "Fallen Angels". The Nephilim were the CHILDREN of the Watchers and women of the Earth. Read the Book of Enoch if you want to learn the actual truth and an in-depth explanation of the whole story.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The mere fact some people is still in denial about the physical reality of the alien abductions, is an excellent demonstration of how amazingly succesful these beings are.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: JackHill

a reply to: KansasGirl

While I believe that most alien abduction stories are created by people who wants attention or have mental issues, they sadly drown out the more genuine cases.
edit on 4/28/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

a reply to: JackHill

a reply to: KansasGirl

While I believe that most alien abduction stories are created by people who wants attention or have mental issues, I do believe that there are some genuine experiences but they are sadly drowned out by the the hoaxers.

I don't care about the frauds and hoaxes, I care about the cases that obviously involve foreign intelligencies operating in our planet. And there are A LOT of these.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Indeed some accounts are delusions and I probably wouldn't believe the things my friend has told me if I hadn't seen the physical proof. The most striking being that she has two perfectly shaped triangular indentations in the roof of her mouth, in the soft palate. No way she could have been born with it and I can't see how she could have put them there.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
no, though you are in the right track

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join