It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

747 hump gets bigger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
That all sounds perfectly reasonable and true.

I know I'm clinging to my story a bit but that can still be 100% true and not preclude the story that the shaping of the hump still came about the way Flight reported it, can't it? Or am I being too obsessive about this

The exact positioning of the hump could be down to what you say
Obsessive? Nah, not obsessive - clutching and denial maybe

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

SahdowXIX
Ah the AN-225 Nobody like to one up the US in the size department like the USSR.

They only built one correct?

The good ol' Spruce Goose had a bigger wing span, but obviously couldn't haul more.

I believe the 225 was put out to pasture since the Soviet Union fell and with it went there space shuttle dreams. But some people believed it still could serve a role in the 21st century...So they ressurected it. I believe they have only one, but are working on finishing up on #2.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The Spuce may have worked if aluminium was not in short supply. Hughes had to make it out of wood and it ended up being too heavy to be of practical use.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I doubt if even aluminium would have saved it, both the Bristol Brabazon and the Saro Princess were made of aluminium, the Princess even had the benefit of modern turbo prop engines but they both went the same way as the Spruce Goose.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

SahdowXIX
Ah the AN-225 Nobody like to one up the US in the size department like the USSR.

They only built one correct?

The good ol' Spruce Goose had a bigger wing span, but obviously couldn't haul more.

I believe the 225 was put out to pasture since the Soviet Union fell and with it went there space shuttle dreams. But some people believed it still could serve a role in the 21st century...So they ressurected it. I believe they have only one, but are working on finishing up on #2.

The only AN-225 is still, I believe, operational and used for "outsize" load shifting around the world.
I even saw an AN-22 last year, a first, and it made my day. Droning past on a trip out if Stansted airport

The Russians sure know how to make some impressive aircraft

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
[The Russians sure know how to make some impressive aircraft

You mean Ukrainians

The An-225 can carry a 737 fuselage in its body,and it is probably the biggest plane around now.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
if the boeing company make their future follow the airbus, they will get failure. i wondered why they won't develop high-speed aeroplane?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join