It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has China not banned yet that you use?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What has China not banned yet that you use?

Just saying facebook, twitter, and youtube is blocked for good reason I suppose.
Could you imagine those websites unblocked and few million Chinese spamming the forums?

As for this, US needs to follow suite due to the smog in L.A.

If not China showing proof of smog from diesel cars, India also has smog issue. What makes it worst they don't have smog towers unlike china.

reneweconomy.com.au...

We need a trade in program for our diesel cars from car makers or a way to convert old models to electric without putting them in scrapyards.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Those type of programs are already in place. They do cost though.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Gee. The battery on the cars up here barely starts the car when it is twenty below zero. It would drain the battery just warming up the car in the morning and thawing out the windshield and doors so they open. I do not think it would be practical here to have electric cars. On top of that, it takes a lot of fuel to create the electricity as it is. We have not yet got a system to properly process the nuclear waste, our kids and grandkids will be suffering for what we are doing today with nuclear energy.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
As long as you have to get the energy into an EV via conductors and not some chemical reaction or swappable batteries, this is utopie.

I foretell you, your house mains will not provide the sufficient punch to charge your EV up in a reasonable amount of time. It´s 50kW max power draw for a normal private house in Germany, for example. This theoreticaly could charge a tesla in about 2 hours. I´ve read about an article that said there is a new accumulator type that would theoretically charge in 2.5seconds /80kw and praised the uprise of EV.

Let that settle a bit. What they did not tell the reader is, that you would have to drive up to a grid-switch station or power plant and plug cables into your charger port that would be as thick as a 22" wheel.

Now what happens if your whole street comes home at 5:30pm to charge their EV?

1) Overall powerdraw will probably be to much for the local transformer station.
2) Even if the grid (meaning transformers, lines, switches) can take that,
3) Gas and coal plants need to ramp up then because the groundload that the bigger coal and nuclear plants provide will not be enough.

I´ve been on a trip with a friend of mine that owns a Tesla S. We have a good charging grid here in Germany. The trip took us 6 hours longer from Munich to Berlin than with a normal car, driving the same speed.

Wasting precious time now and then to up the charge. Then you arrive there and every charger station is used already.

It´s all nice and cool until you actually have to use the car in a productive manner.

But I recognize we have to start somewhere...

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
no one ever thinks about what there power can not do

where i live we got alot of power running to your home for airconditioning imagin trying to charge in the summer

easyer cheaper and more logical solution is to convert them to bio diesel but still we would have to dedicate massive amounts of farmland to make it along with the water cost

still more viable than trying to replace the workhorse of transportation to use electric off our curent power infastructer

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Africans on facebook is awsome.

It makes me smile that the lower continent is participating now.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hi,

I've lived in China for over 10 years.

A few additions are relevant - China blocked Twitter, FB and others so they could control the market, censor and filter content. They were not blocked "for a good reason", though I'm happier without FB it does have it's upsides as far as content awareness and viral stories. The CCP (Chinese Communist Party) like any authoritarian regime can't have the truth exposed for everyone to read/hear/see.

Just today at the esteemed Peking University in Beijing a member of the #metoo movement who wrote a document protesting a decade old case involving a professor, sexual harassment, possibly rape and the young lady's eventual suicide, was forcibly removed from school after her social media posts went viral. The censors have been busy all day "harmonizing" content though many in the social media sphere have ways to evade the censors. (That's a whole thread for another day!)

They ban many things in China and they tax the rest of it to pay for their government and corruption.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

No man, that only happens when there are too many cars charging at the same time. So ya. Too much EV vehicles can cause some series drawback. The green energy sector though will give infinite energy at a certain rate until this planets dies from some sort of disaster.

What we need is do the followings:

#1 Reduce Vehicle use and have closer jobs
#2 Jobs that are more clean and less pollutant base on green technology and filtration.
#3 For godsakes faster travel like China's highspeed trains, therefore causes less people to use/buy cars.
#4 A better way to transport your heavy groceries without cars, maybe some sort of hover bag. I've seen old people using wheel push carts for their groceries.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

No, your individual mains connection will not be able to provide the necessary amperage that is needed to chrage in a reasonable time to begin with.

top topics

join