It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified Information On ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What exactly is the policy regarding posting or linking to classified information that has been leaked to the public by whistleblowers? I know that classified documents, even when leaked, still retain their original classification unless decided otherwise. So could there be any legal ramifications for ATS or it's users in doing so?

Maybe it's just an issue of whether not the justice department deems it worthwhile to investigate/prosecute since it's already in the public's hands anyway, but I suppose they could if they chose to do so.

What say you? Could it be construed as a violation of the Espionage Act? They do like to keep that particular law's language pretty broad.

See 18 U.S. Code § 798

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

If it was in violation of such act than all major news networks would be under fire. ATS policy is that you can’t leak info through ATS. We are free to discuss leaked info through other sources even if that source can not be named on ATS. As in don’t link the direct source but I believe there can be some exceptions so ask a mod before hand. C’mon dude read up.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

There's a lot of information that's been "leaked" on ATS.

Bernard hasn't been around for a while but I don't think it's because he leaked anything.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And what happened to all those that did? I mean you can leak info but you will be banned and that exact thread removed.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No. Bernie's threads are still here.
For example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That doesn’t qualify as leaked info though. Just a opinion passed as fact. Two different things. You are a smart person and should know the difference.
I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a fine line.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It's Bernie. It's bullcrap. It carries no more weight than anything anyone posts on ATS. Less, in fact, because it does not convince anyone who is capable of critical thinking.

On the other hand, there are threads which hold up to some scrutiny. But, since we are all anonymous, it doesn't really matter. We are all "unnamed sources."

edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You know who I am.... I am allaroundyou

I am your thought, your muscle movement, your intentions, your sight and sound, behold I am the one that created all and will end all

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've always wondered about fair play for people that don't have a knack for using artistic description to convey ideas.
The people that would rather encrypt their message with the latest fish cipher are kind of at a disadvantage.

"miracle of the five loaves and two fish"

Took me the longest time to get that joke

edit on 21-4-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No classified info that hasn't been cleared is allowed on ATS, we can't afford to be sued by the USG...

That's the answer.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

So Bernie stuff was deleted because it wasn't cleared?

Holy crap!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
No classified info that hasn't been cleared is allowed on ATS, we can't afford to be sued by the USG...

That's the answer.

Can you please define "cleared"? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Don't tell anyone I told you...but, Injun Joe is ticklish.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

That's the answer.

I know you will probably say you can't say, but has anything ever needed to be removed because the USG asked? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I remember at least one that was "widely" covered ETA: there were pictures on multiple platforms, *cough*. Had a suspicion about 3. So HAVE admin/mods been required to remove some things? That seems fair, and ambiguous enough to warrant a yes or no. Also, it's nice to see you!

ETA: It's where the ETA is
edit on 2220180420181 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If a member of ATS came up for example "the pee tape" would ATS publish it?.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If a member of ATS came up for example "the pee tape" would ATS publish it?.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I am going to say NO. Though it would be funny, ATS would take a lot of flack and we probably wouldn’t be able to talk on this platform anymore. Funny thought though!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 22-4-2018 by lifttheveil because: nvm

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I think its best to avoid leaking classified information on ATS. It is not what the place is about nor is it permitted. If its classified information on the power structure you cannot even link to its source in most cases here. All other published classified leaks are considered fair game. Thats my understanding anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Relax. You're safe here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join