It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Ruins in China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: SLAYER69

The single picture at the top of this thread has something wrong with it IMO.

This photograph is looking across at the pyramid. The pyramid appears to be 60-70m in height On top that it seems there is about another 20 meters to the surface.

The pyramid appears to be about 100 metres in length. It seems from there one can see about kilometer of a bit less beyond that.

Visibility on a good day underwater is maybe 60 to 80m. The distance that you can see in perfectly clear water depends on the intensity of the light, as blue light is reduced by 90 per cent over a distance of 230m.

So could someone please explain why my suspicions that there is something wrong with this picture have no basis?

As far as I can tell, there are no pictures online of this "pyramid."

It is my belief that the pyramid picture you refer to is a screen capture from an animation shown on the "Ancient Aliens" program. That's pretty much all I found regarding pics when I was searching. The animation is an artist's conception (of course) and you can watch it on YouTube in a segment of the show.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Covered in dirt.

On purpose? Is this just SOP in Chinese pyramids? Or was there an attempt to cover them somewhere along the way?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The man has spoken

Whats up BFFT?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I had heard that during one of their more modern 'cultural' revolutions, the farmers / peasants were encouraged to bury the pyramids in dirt, and put plantings on them. Cannot back that up though with an article or data currently; so I guess it is just anecdotal.
edit on 22-4-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: wordsmithed

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

The man has spoken

Whats up BFFT?

Lurked the thread until i had something reasonably intelligent to add. Too bad it was just a question.

Glad to see you posting here.
We need more of this content.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Covered in dirt.

On purpose? Is this just SOP in Chinese pyramids? Or was there an attempt to cover them somewhere along the way?

Pretty much all of the Chinese pyramids are earthen mounds. So, naturally, they have an earthen surface.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Do we have excavations that support this? Not that I doubt you...but im interested in reading on it. When I try to google up CHina's pyramids, i usually just find woo. Which is fun...but i want to know some facts, too.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Really great to see you here, you made yourself a bit rare over the last couple years.

What did you mean when you wrote

The Ancient Alien crowd tried to tag it as one of their own.

Did they make it sound like it was their expedition?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Another diver here, you are somewhat right, it looks off because it´s not an actual photograph taken, it´s clearly CGI (PheonixReborn already noted).

The cheesy rays were the first giveaway

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Do we have excavations that support this? Not that I doubt you...but im interested in reading on it. When I try to google up CHina's pyramids, i usually just find woo. Which is fun...but i want to know some facts, too.

I'm sure they have excavated them.

You can find details like how the mounds were special kinds of clay brought in and mixed with the local soil.

The wooiest one, Emperor Qin's Tomb (they guy with the terra-cotta army,) is a pyramid-shaped mound set in a very large mortuary complex. You can read from idiotsonline.com about how the entire "pyramid" is the size of the complex. In truth, the mound is a small part of the larger complex, and the complex is far larger than was once thought.
Here's a paper about it link

Thereafter began a tradition of earth mound pyramidal tombs, some of which contain stone cores while others do not.
Some are only thought to contain cores, since they haven't uncovered any stone there yet.

Consider that the tombs are still part of the culture to this day to much of the people. The people don't like them being dug into helter-skelter.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Soo
said

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe the sunken Egyptian pyramid was written up in "The Great Pyramid Decoded". But I read up on Egypt as we neared the Millennium, so it could have been in one of several books. Other than the fact it's full of sewage, the sunken part of Alexandria's harbor, would be a world class scuba site. There is at least one mapped fault there, which helped submerge things. It's not all from a rise in sea levels.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Glad to see you back SLAYER doing thread like these

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
I believe the sunken Egyptian pyramid was written up in "The Great Pyramid Decoded". But I read up on Egypt as we neared the Millennium, so it could have been in one of several books. Other than the fact it's full of sewage, the sunken part of Alexandria's harbor, would be a world class scuba site. There is at least one mapped fault there, which helped submerge things. It's not all from a rise in sea levels.

I don't believe it's there.
AFAIK, there was no pyramid at Alexandria.

There is no underwater pyramid in the Mediterranean.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

first emperor of China Shi Huang di was buried inside a large earthen pyramid.

his tomb it's self was believed to be a miniature map of China with him buried in the center. the oceans lakes and rivers filled with liquid mercury. according to history the place is very booby trapped to prevent looters so the chinese govt has not attempted to enter and legends are all they have to go by. however there are large traces of mercury in the soil around the pyramid.

off to one side is his famed terracotta army guarding the tomb and the emperor in the afterlife.

the pyramid once stood taller than it does today but being an earthen mound it's succumbed much to errosion and now appears to be a tall hill.

edit on 22-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Azureblue

Another diver here, you are somewhat right, it looks off because it´s not an actual photograph taken, it´s clearly CGI (PheonixReborn already noted).

The cheesy rays were the first giveaway

Good to know there are people out their who can see these things, thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The single picture at the top of this thread has something wrong with it IMO.

This photograph is looking across at the pyramid. The pyramid appears to be 60-70m in height On top that it seems there is about another 20 meters to the surface.

The pyramid appears to be about 100 metres in length. It seems from there one can see about kilometer of a bit less beyond that.

Visibility on a good day underwater is maybe 60 to 80m. The distance that you can see in perfectly clear water depends on the intensity of the light, as blue light is reduced by 90 per cent over a distance of 230m.

So could someone please explain why my suspicions that there is something wrong with this picture have no basis?

As far as I can tell, there are no pictures online of this "pyramid."

It is my belief that the pyramid picture you refer to is a screen capture from an animation shown on the "Ancient Aliens" program. That's pretty much all I found regarding pics when I was searching. The animation is an artist's conception (of course) and you can watch it on YouTube in a segment of the show.

Harte

I was not aware that it was an artist's conception. They should indicate this as its misleading but perhaps they did, I did not read the article so my bad I spose.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Harte

Who knows?

Certainly in Roman times there was no pyramid.......because they never mentionned it in their accounts of Alexandria. Whilst absence of evidence is not proof in itself, you have to consider that the Roman's mentionned other pyramids in Egypt at the time so im going with there not being one in Alexandria either.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Harte

Who knows?

Certainly in Roman times there was no pyramid.......because they never mentionned it in their accounts of Alexandria. Whilst absence of evidence is not proof in itself, you have to consider that the Roman's mentionned other pyramids in Egypt at the time so im going with there not being one in Alexandria either.

We must also note that there is no report of an underwater pyramid being found. There might be some claims on fringe sites, but no report from any finder.

Harte

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I was not aware that it was an artist's conception. They should indicate this as its misleading but perhaps they did, I did not read the article so my bad I spose.

They did not need to indicate that it was a CG artist's impression. You just have to look at it.

Some people wish to see what they want to see and refuse to believe anything other than what they want to believe.

At least you have acknowledged you were wrong and for that I give you praise.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join