It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo met with Kim Jong Un over Easter weekend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wild story coming out about CIA Director Mike Pompeo (soon to be SoS) visiting with North Korea Kim Jong Un a while back.

They say he met with Un over Easter weekend !!

Big things happening with the Korea thing.

The "War" might actually be over !!

Maybe the conspiracies about NK being a CIA op all along are real?

The real Easter Bunny has been "activated" !! 😃

CIA Director Mike Pompeo met with Kim Jong Un over Easter weekend

CIA Director Mike Pompeo met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un over Easter weekend in an effort to lay the groundwork for a summit between Kim and President Trump, Fox News has confirmed.

Pompeo's trip, which was first reported by The Washington Post, came to light hours after Trump told reporters that the U.S. and North Korea are holding direct talks at "extremely high levels" in preparation for what would be an extraordinary meeting following months of heated rhetoric over Pyongyang's nuclear weapons program.

The White House and the CIA declined to comment to Fox News about Pompeo's visit.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he pulls it off, ill gloat to people i know personally who swore one on one would fail (freaking neocons and their chest thumping).

Itll be a big win for Trump if it comes through. He should engage iran next.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This is pretty big news in the scheme of things...
and of all people, it's Pompeo.

Though not getting any attention from the msm,
how predictable. When Trump took office they
loved Kim Jong and ran stories on him for weeks
on end. Hey, isn't Mike from Kansas?

edit on 17-4-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It'll be a big win for America, Trump's not the one in the front lines or working 2 jobs paying taxes to fund the war machine.

Now if only other super powers would flex like China and force the US to use diplomatic tactics as oppose to dropping warheads on foreheads

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
intense global fun....same emotion for me as.....

just like a cowboys football game a Stabauch just threw that hail mary in Minnisota....in da snow

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
True news...I was there....jong-il lost the manly wager....a manly bet it was

jong-ilmade a sad effort in dong size circle show your stuff dance....he ....he

small things so sad birds could land.....presidents of America....
edit on 17-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I really hope this plays out with a lasting peace on the peninsula. I spent a year at Osan AB... best year of my career. The South Koreans are amazing hosts... (in spite of the many "ugly" Americans they have to deal with... )

Welcoming, gracious, respectful... and funny as hell with a snootful of soju. A truly beautiful country...

A renewed Korean conflict would probably kill millions... that is a stark reality. Koreans have lived with this reality for decades.

A truly lasting peace... that would be something wonderful.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well I am hugely critical of the Trump administration but credit where credit is due when it comes to North Korea ever since we all got over the “rocket man” incident the progress being made has been spectacular. What just hope this all works out
edit on 17-4-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Itll be a big win for Trump if it comes through. He should engage iran next.

I can actually see that happening.

Trump's business tactic has always been to bargain from a position of strength. It's very difficult to convince someone to do something they don't want to do if they have power over you, but easy if you have power over them. The bigliest step in negotiations comes before you ever sit down at the table.

He has struck Syria twice for using chemical weapons, both times staring Russia down in the process. The first time he casually announced it to the Chinese President over dessert. That establishes in everyone's minds that this Trump fellow just might be crazy enough to call our bluff.

I fully expect Trump to get a peace deal with Kim Jong Un. I also expect Kim Jong Un to break it as soon as Trump is no longer in office. As for Iran... we're the reason they are so upset: our policies over the last 100+ years of intervening in the affairs of sovereign nations. Iran wants to be free to develop their country, and whatever it takes to accomplish that is on their table. Russia wants the same. Syria probably wants the same. The only difference it they are more willing to do whatever it takes to obtain that freedom, up to and including the destruction of the USA, Israel, and whoever else might be a problem. We need to be able to maintain the International Reserve Currency, which is now based on oil dollar pegs that Iran, Syria, and Russia have abandoned, until we can get our economy strong enough to relinquish the IRC.

There is room for a deal with Russia, Iran, and Syria. But only if we stay our noses out of their business.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This Deal was already done some time ago.

edit on 2018 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

this whole Q thing is confusing I am assuming now that the CIA and Pompeo have been feeding Trump info since he announced his candidacy and Q is a part of that system

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is awesome!

I may not agree with everything Trump does, BUT

He is one bad ass hombre

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Like sweet music to my ears!

The White House and the CIA declined to comment to Fox News about Pompeo's visit. 

Perfect.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just to temper this slightly - I don't think any deal is 'done'.
We'll see what happens, but peace does not come from JUST talking... there needs to be an actual plan that is followed through and a clear goal in mind. Peace can't just hang on people SAYING they'll do something - i.e. de-nuclearize. Kim could just be playing along to buy time.
edit on 18/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He could be but it's a dangerous game to play. We'll see.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

It'll be a big win for America, Trump's not the one in the front lines or working 2 jobs paying taxes to fund the war machine.

Now if only other super powers would flex like China and force the US to use diplomatic tactics as oppose to dropping warheads on foreheads

When Trump (or whoever is POTUS) wins, America wins. It goes without saying.

Maybe you forgot.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just thinking about this some more... whoever released information about this 'top secret' meeting should be in a lot of trouble.
Kim clearly has a huge ego (maybe even bigger than Trump's!).
If the revelation of this meeting makes him look weak then it could actually jeopardize negotiations.
I believe it was the Washington Post who released the story - they should be forced to release the sources or face repercussions themselves. I think this is a pretty clear case of them putting national security at risk.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Russians have their spys in NK too !!

A few survived even after that mysterious atomic rocket facility explosion a while back that NK scientists managed to blow up all by themselves.

😎

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The Trump Administration is always 5 steps ahead of everyone.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
This Deal was already done some time ago.

Shhhh don't scare people half to death !!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join