It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone enlighten me on Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Iraq still in it's own "civil war zone".

Too much conflict and Russia would be there as well.

Plus Iran is connecting to a Russian pipeline soon anyway.

Watch for "attacks" that just happen to hit those routes real soon.

😎

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Trump wins, Putin snoozes.....that was Syria in a nutshell.

Wait for episode two where Putin loses all his warships and the big bad Israelis do whatever they want whenever they want because that is what historically happens when the Ruskies instigate and stir up the Arabs to get all naughty in the region.
edit on 16-4-2018 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

like always it's about power/control and what is power/control? The ability to impose one's will and what is one's will? What one needs, wants and believes.

The USA have needs, wants and beliefs that they think Syria should allow them to have. Syria hasn't allowed The USA to have them so they are now in conflict.

Obviously my answer to your question is very broad but it is fundamental to all conflict. The specific reason/s for this particular conflict and for most conflicts is generally unknown to the public as the reason/s are classified and are not released to the general public. As of late the public has been hearing rumours that the reason the USA have been involved in conflicts is because of resources e.g. oil, gas. I think sometimes its true but its not the full story and it's not the primary reason to enter conflict. I think it's the icing on the cake reason to enter conflict. The primary reason to Enter conflict with countries is to control regions. What I mean is to enter conflict with Syria means the USA wants to control the Middle East and to enter conflict in the Middle East means The USA wants to control the world which is the main reason for everything.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: xuenchen

The entire mess is over who gets the profits from gas pipelines.

It's really that simple.

The Syrian Civil War started right when Iran wanted that pipeline.

Qatar wants one too.

Russia wants none (unless they can share in the wealth).

The U.S. would benefit from a Qatar pipeline.

Russia thirves on perpetual conflict in Syria.

Maps help.

And look up the gas pipeline agreements and who is involved. There's a few planned and some under delayed construction.

first article to read

For once I agree with you.

I had this discussion earlier today with a co-worker. Why would we intervene in Syria but not in Rwanda? In Afghanistan but not Ukraine? Because it's about resources...geography and resources. Make no mistake it's not about the Syrian people. In fact, I'm sure that the neocon Trump doesn't care about them...nor did the neocons Bilary or Bush. All they want is to push the global war agenda and feed the fires of terrorism. (Terror sells guns.)

By causing war and conflict, the West does get to acquire more qualified university graduates (doctors, engineers). Sometimes I wonder if bombing those office block buildings wasn't a way of forcing people to emigrate. What are all those chemical/biological weapon engineers going to do now to feed their families.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Mexico and Syria are totally different scenarios and a poor comparison. We don’t have Syrians illegally invading our country.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Mexico and Syria are totally different scenarios and a poor comparison. We don’t have Syrians illegally invading our country.

Well if you are going to bomb soverign countries on the basis of humanitarian reasons there needs to be some consistency in those actions for them to be believed.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Chemical weapons ? How would they know ? Their own watchdog OPWC hadn't even begun to investigate right ? Just trust the media right ?

Nothing to do with caring. Criminal Psychopatic liars make up all the governments of this planet. 'America' wants to bomb so it starts to bomb. Simple as that and normal people that love and care don't have a saying about that.

It's all about 'politics' that endless show of brainwashing propelled by the media that has no rules and is full of mis and disinfo.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
if we actually cared about civilias, we wouldn't have been creating and supporting isis.

official narrative is, we fight assad because he gassed 200 civilians.
but to fight him we started a war that led to tens of thousands of casualties and millions of refugees.

we're run by psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If you took the time to read the French and American unclassified reports then you'd know a little more than what Alex Jones or RT tell you.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
If you took the time to read the French and American unclassified reports then you'd know a little more than what Alex Jones or RT tell you.

Cmon now ,just come right on out and tell us in your own words why it's not about oil and what it's really about.

Not a link just your own words and how you understand it...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cmon now ,just come right on out and tell us in your own words why it's not about oil and what it's really about.

Not a link just your own words and how you understand it...

That's easy enough because it's not.

If you're into the pipeline conspiracy theory, it's garbage. The pipeline could have been built 7 years ago for cheaper and already been profitable by bypassing Syria.

If you think America is overly concerned with oil, it's not now either, we're producing over 600,000 barrels a day and barely pumping compared to what we can.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Well if you are going to bomb soverign countries on the basis of humanitarian reasons there needs to be some consistency in those actions for them to be believed.

I don’t plan to bomb anyone and I certainly didn’t support this action. I simply said these are two completely different issues and you simply obfuscate the truth by trying to compare apples and oranges.

Hell, it’s your party, but one has zero to do with the other.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

lol So give handshake or start rickrolling , roleplaying whatever... OPWC yeah thats the way isn't it ?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You still haven't answered why we are in Syria, so you say it isn't about oil... OK then what is the reason, I'm asking because you claimed this is all a conspiracy theory, so clearly you have an opinion, can you articulate it?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I don’t plan to bomb anyone and I certainly didn’t support this action. I simply said these are two completely different issues and you simply obfuscate the truth by trying to compare apples and oranges.

Hell, it’s your party, but one has zero to do with the other.

I don't mean you personally, I'm simply pointing out that we are not bombing Syria for humanitarian reasons . No apples no oranges just a simple statement.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

@Someone enlighten me on Syria

The people of Syria are like many other poor humans of the species of mankind from planet EA*RTH.
They are abandoned by their supposed governments and or leaders and representation of their governments that are supposedly in place to represent and protect them.
Therefore they can it seems be thrown in the middle of political and land based wars as fodder, regardless of their ages or genders as if they do not matter.
It seems some of the "outside" world of Syria do not care either...
Some do.

There are others humans of the planet EA*RTH who are lost in AN illusion thinking they are not subjected to the same non-care... They unfortunately are usually the last to realize.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The entire mess is over who gets the profits from gas pipelines.

It's really that simple.

Total conspiracy theory.

They could have already built the pipeline around Syria and been done 7 years ago for years of profit compared to waiting for this unending war and spend billions with their proxies.

America is exporting mass amounts of oil now, it's not about oil anymore.

Care to enlighten us all on what you think this is about then?

Its about Arab spring Syria was suppose to fall under control of Saudi Arabia. As far as US oil interests the longer Iran and Russia cant build pipeline through Syria the better for US companies. The US wants to export natural gas to Europe. Russia being able to move natural gas through pipelines means less buyers for US natural gas. As things set now the US to build higher capacity ports for LNG (liquefied natural gas). So the longer there is fighting in Syria the better it is for the United States.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's certainly my take on this mess, it's everything to do with oil and control of its flow and nothing to do with helping Syrian people.

I was asking xstealth for his take on this as he plainly called the oil theory a conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand. Since Mexicans illegally invade our country, we won't help them? I'm sure that's not what you are saying... what are you saying?

Mexico's instability at the hands of International Terrorist Organizations has a much greater, immediate effect on our national security than Syria. Syria is obviously about "something else", like a pipeline or greater isreal or some other thing we don't know about, like kicking off ww3 by turning Damascus into a rubble heap.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

That's certainly my take on this mess, it's everything to do with oil and control of its flow and nothing to do with helping Syrian people.

I was asking xstealth for his take on this as he plainly called the oil theory a conspiracy theory.

Oil and natural gas are not the same thing, sorry to be a stickler.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join