It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone enlighten me on Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: dragonridr

That's certainly my take on this mess, it's everything to do with oil and control of its flow and nothing to do with helping Syrian people.

I was asking xstealth for his take on this as he plainly called the oil theory a conspiracy theory.

Oil and natural gas are not the same thing, sorry to be a stickler.

Sure, but they are fuel.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

boom

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No, but the oil and gas markets are inextricably linked.

My understanding of the "conspiracy" is that the US either don't want the Russian backed gas pipeline or want to install their own in it's place as it either increases the value of their oil market by not having more gas coming into Europe or allows them to play the two markets off each other if they control both resources.

If Russia has their gas pipeline, it will decrease the value of the US oil market.

... and to the point that the US could have already built a pipeline bypassing Syria, that would defeat the purpose... they want it to go through where Russia wants it to go through.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Using Mexico as an example was probably not the best, but most of you caught my drift on my weak analogy.

I am going to read up on the gas pipeline as that seems like the top theory why this region is so precious right now. I also found it interesting that Qatar buys such a huge amount of military goods. Ever seen that movie Lord of War?? Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ENLIGHTEN! It's actually quite simple. The attacks orchestrated by France and the UK were in part shot down by SAMs and in part hit areas and buildings that were either uninhabited or didn't contain anything interesting.
The effect of the strikes in the medium to long term is that additional weapons will be delivered to Syria from Russia, Iran and China.
Most notably S-300s, which were not available during the night of April 13th, and other anti-ship and ballistic missiles.
Basically these bombings have failed in the EU dictated objective to remove Assad!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The effort to destabilize Syria and overthrow Assad comes from Israel and its long-standing desire to expand. Israel is quite skilled at having others do its dirty work, and in this case it is the wholly owned Israeli subsidiary, the US federal government.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And don't forget the Golan Heights. If the West, GCC, and Israel are able to partition Syria, then there's no doubt that Israel will try to expand their possessions there, too.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join