It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California rejects border duties for troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Looks like belligerent California wants nothing to do with the National Guard border patrols !!

They just said they won't "allow" their State's NG to participate in specific actions.

Well What-the *!@%^& !!

Who are these people anyway? Micro-Managers of the World?

APNewsBreak: California rejects border duties for troops

California has rejected the federal government’s initial plans for National Guard troops to the border because the work is considered too closely tied to immigration enforcement, two U.S. officials told The Associated Press.

The state informed federal officials it will not allow its troops to fix and repair vehicles, operate remotely-controlled surveillance cameras to report suspicious activity to the Border Patrol, operate radios and provide “mission support,” which can include clerical work, buying gas and handling payroll, according to officials with knowledge of the talks who spoke condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

California Gov. Jerry Brown elicited rare and effusive praise from President Donald Trump last week after he pledged 400 troops to the Guard’s third large-scale border mission since 2006.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If I remember correctly a state has the right to do that. But screw state rights dude. Those darn pot smokers just sit there and play video games after work and eat pizza for 5.99 USD. They don’t care about the borders of their states. Even when “60%” of all the woman crossing that border are being raped. BTW how the hell does someone even get a percentage on that? Anyways i’m Done now.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's what ya do...
Heavy border patrols in Texas, NM and Arizona, leave the California border open.. Advertise their border is not being strongly monitored. All illegals will bypass the other states and head straight for California.
Let's see how long their sympathy lasts before they start crying for Federal help.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

"Corral Zone California" !!

😎

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Moonbeam needs a dozen years in the Chino correctional facility.
edit on 16-4-2018 by Plotus because: ooops

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Here's what ya do...
Heavy border patrols in Texas, NM and Arizona, leave the California border open.. Advertise their border is not being strongly monitored. All illegals will bypass the other states and head straight for California.
Let's see how long their sympathy lasts before they start crying for Federal help.

Actually the border we should build a wall around is CA.. Let them have open borders then...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We just need to get New California established, then Jerry Brown and the open-border followers won't have a border with Mexico.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm sure active duty troops can be assigned to those duties on the California border.

As long as they're not conducting law enforcement actions, I see no reason why they can't assist in a support role.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Here's what ya do...

Then you also have the states that border California stop every vehicle leaving California and check for illegals.

That way they STAY in Cali.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

If I remember correctly a state has the right to do that. But screw state rights dude. Those darn pot smokers just sit there and play video games after work and eat pizza for 5.99 USD. They don’t care about the borders of their states. Even when “60%” of all the woman crossing that border are being raped. BTW how the hell does someone even get a percentage on that? Anyways i’m Done now.

If only you knew what California really is you wouldn’t be so ignorant.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Actually I am not ignorant of the situation. I live in Nevada and have many business dealings in Cali. But the issues there can be found in any state that has a large city. The MSM had blown the situation out of proportion and people still fall for it. Maybe you should be less ignorant of the actual statistics of city’s in Cali and other states that have large population areas. The findings may surprise you.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The state informed federal officials it will not allow its troops to fix and repair vehicles, operate remotely-controlled surveillance cameras to report suspicious activity to the Border Patrol, operate radios and provide “mission support,” which can include clerical work, buying gas and handling payroll, according to officials with knowledge of the talks who spoke condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.
Odd, this statement does not seem to exist in the source you cite.

It seems that nothing has changed, Brown originally said no law enforcement activities.

California National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Thomas Keegan said Monday that the state was awaiting a formal response from the administration and had no additional details beyond the governor’s proposed agreement released last week that includes a ban on immigration enforcement.

apnews.com...
edit on 4/16/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

yeah.

The timestamp changed and the article isn't the same one.

AP is funny that way.

😀

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wallysworld333
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Cannabis has nothing to with it don't be so ignorant, I'm a long time cannabis user and agree that the borders need to be patrolled and definitely disagree with Brown on this big time and I'm also a trump supporter please don't judge people before knowing them. On that note have a great day.

I haven’t judged someone before they judged me. And if you read like any of my posts before this thread you would know that I am mostly just a troll. The cannabis part was just a joke man. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else here. And I completely agree that the border needs defending but how we go about that it would seem that ideology of how to go about that gets in the way of making a feasible plan.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wallysworld333

And also if you plan on sticking around a few things may need addressing. Do not openly admit to using cannabis. And another good place to start is not call people ignorant. I have never met someone that is not ignorant in some way. If you feel that someone is then present them with facts or statistical findings. If I did not have any idea of what is going on at the border of Cali I would not have posted, or I would have asked and would have received an answer. Anyways have fun here! Many great personalities to entertain.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

RE: micromanaging

To point out, itd seem America as a whole does this on a global basis through military, media, the arts, and more.

It is true though the state of California produces a lot of the aforementioned.

Personally, id say I agree, and it quite frankly irritates the ever living piss out of me. I have dealt with it for over 25 years and i finally called it quits.

Just cant stand the subtle, but very real passive aggressive nazi-ism here.
edit on 4162018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Extend the Mexico boarder around California.
so the ilegales can get in but Not out of California.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Extend the Mexico boarder around California.
so the ilegales can get in but Not out of California.

LMAO very interesting idea you got there.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just build a wall around California except for their border with Mexico.

Let them have all the criminal scum they want as long as it doesn't screw the rest of the country over. These people are knowingly violating our sovereignty and this state is aiding and abetting. I suppose it is their right as a state to be stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join