It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian envoy slams WHO for recklessly releasing dubious information on Douma incident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: Xcathdra

It doesn't make sense for us, but I think that with all the recent false flags being attributed to them, they are just being more cautious now. I'd do that.

Also, if the US is so certain that there was an attack and that Russia and Syria are responsible, why don't wait for the OPCW investigation to launch an attack? If they do before that, they'll just lose all credibility. It won't make sense either.

Last I checked there are no investigations into this. Russia is blocking it in the UNSC.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Yes, and? You don't think there has been a clean up?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

So you're suggesting we blindly believe in the report of the White Helmets?

It's a yes or no question.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yes, and? You don't think there has been a clean up?

The OPCW is toothless. Not to mention Syria accepted the CWT but never ratified it so not sure what they exepect to hold syria accountable for if it doesnt apply to them.

ETA -
France stated they have evidence of chemical weapons use by Syria.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It's a yes or no question.

No, it isn't.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It seems to me that Russia is protesting too much about these things. On one hand they demand evidence, which they will attempt to discredit anyway, and on the other they seek to prevent anyone investigating anything to get the evidence.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: Xcathdra

It doesn't make sense for us, but I think that with all the recent false flags being attributed to them, they are just being more cautious now. I'd do that.

Also, if the US is so certain that there was an attack and that Russia and Syria are responsible, why don't wait for the OPCW investigation to launch an attack? If they do before that, they'll just lose all credibility. It won't make sense either.

Last I checked there are no investigations into this. Russia is blocking it in the UNSC.

So where exactly did you check that? It is blatant lie that Russia is "blocking" an investigation. This is from Reuters, tree days ago:

The Assad government and Russia both urged the OPCW to investigate the allegations of chemical weapons use in Douma, a move by the two countries that was apparently aimed at averting any U.S.-led action.

Reuters

You can find other sources for this if you think Reuters is a lying Putin puppet.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They certainly do a fair amount of spinning. Judging by all the pro-Russia blowhards around here, it seems to be working.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

He is talking about the Russian antics at the UNSC, I believe.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

They certainly do a fair amount of spinning. Judging by all the pro-Russia blowhards around here, it seems to be working.

Being pro common sense and peace, wanting proof of Assad actually gassing his own people before a war with Syria breaks out, is not the same thing as being a "pro-Russia blowhard". Why do I even have to explain that to you?

I see the MSM has done an excellent job brainwashing you with THEIR propaganda, kudos to frontrunner war mongerer CNN.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I did not actually refer to you as being a "pro-Russia blowhard" but, if the cap fits....

Yes, Russia has a great record on wanting "peace".

I am in the UK and very rarely, if ever, look at CNN.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I don't believe you, you're an obvious Russian agent!

Just kidding

People are putting their belief and political system ahead of the current problem: which is the world getting into another war.

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidences. Does anyone have seen any so far to justify an military attack?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am in the UK

Well that explains everything.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Way to read...

Russia has blocked the UNSC from creating an investigation. Russia is demanding that any investigation by the UN be restricted in that the investigators cant assign blame based on their investigation results.

As for the OPCW, as I stated before, are toothless. Syria is not a legal member to that entity. It accepted the CWT but never legally ratified it.

You up to speed now?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Yes, Russia has a great record on wanting "peace".

What a coincidence, the US has a fantastic record of wanting peace too!

America Has Been at War 93% of the Time – 222 out of 239 Years – Since 1776

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Does it? Do tell.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Way to read...

Russia has blocked the UNSC from creating an investigation. Russia is demanding that any investigation by the UN be restricted in that the investigators cant assign blame based on their investigation results.

As for the OPCW, as I stated before, are toothless. Syria is not a legal member to that entity. It accepted the CWT but never legally ratified it.

You up to speed now?

Sure, as soon as you provide a source for your claims. Haven't seen any yet so I won't hold my breath. And I won't waste time replying to more posts that are just claims, just a heads up.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't believe you, you're an obvious Russian agent!

Crap, I got caught! Now I won't get any more vodka and Russian caviar bribes from Putin, dammit.

And no, there is not much that justifies a military attack. Very little, actually. Strange how that doesn't seem to bother some people at all. Oh well, that's what watching MSM does to your brain, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
And... Action!

DOUBLE LIFE OF WHITE HELMETS: VOLUNTEERS BY DAY, TERRORISTS BY NIGHT

I guess we should just believe what these guys say and just nuke Assad out of the map.
edit on 12/4/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Here is an article from the Guardian setting out Russia's history of blocking votes at the UN:

The Guardian

Here is what happened most recently at the UNSC:

Al Jazeera

Here is the OPCW's list of member states - note - Syria is not a member:

List of OPCW Member States

I trust that you have no objections to these sources?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join