It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian envoy slams WHO for recklessly releasing dubious information on Douma incident

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MostlyReading

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: MostlyReading

Way to read...

Russia has blocked the UNSC from creating an investigation. Russia is demanding that any investigation by the UN be restricted in that the investigators cant assign blame based on their investigation results.

As for the OPCW, as I stated before, are toothless. Syria is not a legal member to that entity. It accepted the CWT but never legally ratified it.

You up to speed now?

Sure, as soon as you provide a source for your claims. Haven't seen any yet so I won't hold my breath. And I won't waste time replying to more posts that are just claims, just a heads up.

Maybe do some research instead of being willfully ignorant and lazy.

Syria chemical attack: US and Russia fail to reach UN agreement as tensions rise

OPCW being tothless

Inspectors from the watchdog the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) were planning to travel to Syria after receiving an invitation from the Assad regime, but it was unclear whether they would be allowed to reach Douma, and whether their presence there would delay US-led military action.

Russia veto's US proposal

Russia vetoed a US resolution creating a new independent investigative mechanism for chemical weapons attacks in Syria, arguing that it would become a propaganda tool of the west.

Russian demand -

A Russian counter-proposal, establishing an investigative mechanism but leaving final decisions on whom to blame for chemical weapons to the security council, failed to win enough votes in the council.

Want more sources or you good.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Way to read...

Russia has blocked the UNSC from creating an investigation. Russia is demanding that any investigation by the UN be restricted in that the investigators cant assign blame based on their investigation results.

As for the OPCW, as I stated before, are toothless. Syria is not a legal member to that entity. It accepted the CWT but never legally ratified it.

You up to speed now?

Sure, as soon as you provide a source for your claims. Haven't seen any yet so I won't hold my breath. And I won't waste time replying to more posts that are just claims, just a heads up.

Maybe do some research instead of being willfully ignorant and lazy.

Want more sources or you good.

You make a claim, you back it up. Your responsibility, not mine, to do your research for you and back up YOUR claims.

And thanks for the sources. Gonna go have a read since I am actually not "willfully" ignorant or "lazy". If I was, I would not have asked for sources in the first place. See how that works?

ETA: Have read both your quotes and the article you linked to. Your first broad claim that Russia has "blocked" an investigation is still not factually true, there is disagreement a new creating a new independent investigative mechanism. I don't really know what your base your claim that OPCW is "toothless" on.

edit on 12-4-2018 by MostlyReading because: ETA

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You might like to look at the sources I provided you with too.

And no need for shouty capitals.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Being pro common sense and peace, wanting proof of Assad actually gassing his own people before a war with Syria breaks out, is not the same thing as being a "pro-Russia blowhard". Why do I even have to explain that to you?

There has been a large number of chemical weapons attacks in Syria over the last few years. Here's a useful aid on the subject... Arms Control chemical weapons in Syria While some attacks cannot be pinned on any party, and some may have been carried out by Assad's opponents, the majority appear to have been carried out by Assad. The opposition has not had the means to drop barrels of chemicals from helicopters, for example.

Sadly, the whole subject has been marred by obstruction and obfuscation by Assad's main ally, namely Russia. One wonders why Russia is hell bent on preventing and demeaning efforts by the UN, OPCW, human rights organisations and others in getting to the truth. The UN have explicitly blamed Syria on several occasions, even when resisted by Russia.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Your response set the tone of my reply.

As for - OPCW being tothless

Inspectors from the watchdog the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) were planning to travel to Syria after receiving an invitation from the Assad regime, but it was unclear whether they would be allowed to reach Douma, and whether their presence there would delay US-led military action.

Syria accepted the CWT however they never ratified it. It would be like the ICC trying to insert its jurisdiction in a country that is not a member of the ICC. The ruling would not be legally binding. The US withdrew from the ICC join process since it violates our Constitution and by extension, does not apply to us. The UN council on Human rights, the entity that ruled Assange was being illegally detained, is also not binding on the UK and the UK ignored its ruling.

Finally, and again, Russia and Syria said the chemical attack never happened. If that is the case then why not let people in to investigate it? Why set conditions, like blame assignment, if nothing occurred.

What we are seeing is Russia running a blocking defense to buy time.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You might like to look at the sources I provided you with too.

And no need for shouty capitals.

Will do. And I agree that there is no need for shouty capitals. Since I didn't actually use any in my reples to you. Where you saw them, I have no idea.

If you are talking about the link I provided about the countless US wars, maybe you just don't know how links to stuff look on an ATS page. Nothing I can do about the visuals of that, sorry.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oops, cat on keyboard, sorry!

edit on 12-4-2018 by MostlyReading because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Here you go - your shouty capitals, I believe, right here:

You make a claim, you back it up. Your responsibility, not mine, to do your research for you and back up YOUR claims.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

That sure is some huge shouty capitals going on right there, I’m feeling very triggered right now and need a safe space to go hide in.

Let’s all hope with the tensions going on in Syria right now that it doesn’t escalate into shouty capitals!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

lmao

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

oh my ... the poor Russians ... the VICTIMS of the whole situation.

Really, pathetic cry babies ... "we didn't do it ... please don't tell people we are bad ... we are ALL GOOD VODKA DRINKING IDIOTS IN RUSSIA ... please please, pretty please ... be nice to us".

These guys are on the "defensive" ... they haven't even the intellect to comprehend, that nobody is going to believe the statement "I didn't do it ..." ... because that's what EVERY CRIMINAL IN THE UNIVERSE says.

Russians are PUSSIES ... what are you afraid off? a pussie galore?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join