It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department Of Homeland Security Compiling Database Of Journalists And 'Media Influencers'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: olaru12
We should sh!t can all the fake news and just rely on Trumps tweets. That's all we need to know.

Keep Alex Jones...I don't think we can stand another invasion of gay frogs. Thank God he warned us....

How about we have at least a few media outlets whose objective is to impartially report the news, how about that?

How about this for a plan...

We can compile a consortium of ATS members, meet via skype , and vote on whats fake and whats not....

Then we can go on cable public access TV with our own show and disseminate our finding. Sort of a Citizens Ministry of Truth. We can have Tshirts and hats made so we can be official. Then we can tell Homeland security who to arrest.

Got a nice ring to it. I can produce/direct as I had a cable public access show locally on how to find the best chimichanga in Santa fe. The stars of the show were sock puppets named Beto and Jim!!

I will donate my time, effort and expertise for bus fare, a few brewskies and a bag of Doritos, these/..

This is basically how Alex Jones started Info wars in Austin. He built an empire on my plan.

edit on 6-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why reinvent the wheel? They should just call over to the FBI and get their list of influential people. They've been keeping tabs on them for decades, and probably even take one out once in a while if they start to look too dangerous.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

No people need to vet their own news and learn the difference.

LOL - some of us here will never forget your 'entry' into the realm of ATS.

In the weeks leading up to Hillarys epic fail, you were all over ATS spewing your slop that Hillary was going to wipe the floor with Trump - you were 100% sure she had it in the bag.

100% sure.

So, your education level determined your ability to vet your news, and you learned NOTHING - even 18 month later, you're still spouting the same deluded diatribe, gathering your confirmation bias from your same pathetic brainwashing sources.

You are a total embarrassment to decent hard working Americans, in contrast, you're also the poster child for the liberal mindset - devoid of logic, chock full of feelz.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Somehow this will be construed as worse than liberal backing presidential bidding Mark Zuckerburg and Facebook's database on EVERYONE.

Lemme know when something more serious than getting booted from the press pool happens because of this.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

We should sh!t can all the fake news and just rely on Trumps tweets. That's all we need to know.

Keep Alex Jones...I don't think we can stand another invasion of gay frogs. Thank God he warned us....

How about we have at least a few media outlets whose objective is to impartially report the news, how about that?

We can compile a consortium of ATS members, meet via skype , and vote on whats fake and whats not....

Then we can go on cable public access TV with our own show and disseminate our finding. Sort of a Citizens Ministry of Truth. We can have Tshirts and hats made so we can be official. Then we can tell Homeland security who to arrest.

Got a nice ring to it. I can produce/direct as I had a cable public access show locally on how to find the best chimichanga in Santa fe. The stars of the show were sock puppets named Beto and Jim!!

I will donate my time, effort and expertise for bus fare, a few brewskies and a bag of Doritos, these/..

This is basically how Alex Jones started Info wars in Austin. He built an empire on my plan.

Why talk rubbish?

I believe that almost all media is dishonest, why are you ignoring that point and focusing on infowars?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Possible that DHS might be onto who is behind the real Russian collusion! Wouldn't that be a hoot?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

In the weeks leading up to Hillarys epic fail, you were all over ATS spewing your slop that Hillary was going to wipe the floor with Trump - you were 100% sure she had it in the bag.

100% sure.

So, your education level determined your ability to vet your news, and you learned NOTHING - even 18 month later, you're still spouting the same deluded diatribe, gathering your confirmation bias from your same pathetic brainwashing sources.

You are a total embarrassment to decent hard working Americans, in contrast, you're also the poster child for the liberal mindset - devoid of logic, chock full of feelz.

This is funny, considering you openly admit you inform yourself through twitter and Facebook posts.

Also, even many Trump supporters thought she was going to win. So it would seem you are being dishonest and hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Why reinvent the wheel? They should just call over to the FBI and get their list of influential people. They've been keeping tabs on them for decades, and probably even take one out once in a while if they start to look too dangerous.

entirely correct and to the point

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No people need to vet their own news and learn the difference. We do not need a registry of journalists nor do we need someone controlling what news we get based on their assessment of its value.

You may not and a lot of others on ATS don't but the general public, unfortunately, does. you have to admit, besides the MSM getting so lazy as journalists, there is nothing stopping anyone and everyone from posting whatever comes to mind under the guise of news reporting. If journalists were certified, like electricians, doctors, lawyers, maybe a lot of the crud would go away.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Why talk rubbish?

I believe that almost all media is dishonest, why are you ignoring that point and focusing on infowars?

I offered my solution that you called rubbish. What's your idea or are you simply a critic of others.?

What do you want to do? Have a state controlled big brother directing every move we make. Fascist style?

Or allowing the populace have a broad spectrum of different opinions so they can make up their own minds.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

100% sure.

This is funny, considering you openly admit you inform yourself through twitter and Facebook posts.

Also, even many Trump supporters thought she was going to win. So it would seem you are being dishonest and hypocritical.

That's false.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wouldn't be ironic if the DHS went after conservative right wing blogs, publications of KKK, altright types wanting to foment revolution.

Maybe the DHS is looking into the far right Sinclair group.

www.rawstory.com...

Careful what you wish for....

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm actually against this, but I think it's funny because the DNC and puppets have been screaming about "media influencers" and "fake news" and "alt-news" influencing the election and how "something must be done" -- but they're just now beginning to see the problem of allowing the government to decide what is valid or not as "news" because of who is in office. If Hillary had won, we'd see a full court press on how the government must intervene to protect our electorate.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

How is the media not the single biggest threat to freedom we have right now?

Is that a joke? Actually now that I think of it fake news like Fox and Hannity and Trump helped get Trump elected, so it is a huge danger.

Seriously you guys are brainwashed, in fact I would say so brainwashed that there's nothing left of your brains. Big business and the wealthy are the biggest danger to every man, woman, child and animal on this planet.

This plan is unconstitutinal, undemocratic, and immoral. No wonder Trump is doing it.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Slippery slope here.

Once they have said list, I wonder, what then?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I bet the left is wishing they'd have supported our gun rights instead of calling for registry and everything else under the sun.

Fortunately, most of us freedom loving patriots aren't the vindictive types.

This list is terrible. As is any list USGOV wants to compile... typically, these are used only to levy accusations unsustainable in a court of law. Either charge someone with a crime and prove your case, or leave them alone IMO. This is especially sensitive in dealing with media and journalists (although this definition is skewed as of late)
edit on 4/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

How is the media not the single biggest threat to freedom we have right now?

Is that a joke? Actually now that I think of it fake news like Fox and Hannity and Trump helped get Trump elected, so it is a huge danger.

Seriously you guys are brainwashed, in fact I would say so brainwashed that there's nothing left of your brains. Big business and the wealthy are the biggest danger to every man, woman, child and animal on this planet.

This plan is unconstitutinal, undemocratic, and immoral. No wonder Trump is doing it.

That reply wins for me in the most hilarious post I have ever seen before. You just can't get it backwards like that without some serious disillusioned effort.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

DHS compiling lists of journalists - what could possibly go wrong. This after Obama signing

Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act

Didn't Hitler walk down that same path.

And yet only a few posts into this thread and partisanship starts up. Your Republic is moving into its final death throes.

When will you reclaim your Republic instead of being divided?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The sad part is, you guys want to lump everyone who simply watches Fox News into a category you claim believes every bit of it. While they do present some very valid arguments, it is clear Fox News is as Pro-Trump as CNN/etc are Anti-Trump.

Although some may watch it as a preferred source of information via cable television (not many choices), most who use the Internet as the source of their news/information tend to aggregate multiple sources from a variety of ideological backgrounds and vet the data manually.

It is about the only way to get decent information. Oh, and STRATFOR has a a deal running for $199 subscription (mine cost $400.00). Excellent source of accurate and unbiased information.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Is DHS going to kick the Jews out of another country?!?!?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join