It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so Conor Mcgregor just screwed himself. threw a dolly through a bus window

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: MisterSpock

I did not mince my words they were very clear, quit trying to dissect a very simple to understand statement.

I qualified my comment with the second sentence. If that isn't what you meant, the definition of thugs that I was assuming, then that invalidates my comment. I wasn't mincing your words.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

other sites are saying there is a warrant.
maybe not but i cant imagine there wouldnt be

all that # is on video

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: TinySickTears
now that i think about it it would have been nice to see khabib #ing smash conors head into the pavement
He will still pop up ready to go.
May take longer than a ten count.
That attitude goes long.

i dont think so
attitude goes long sure but when you get slammed on your # by a guy like that it kills that attitude fast.

just like nate checked him in their first fight

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
this was an hour ago and says

www.foxnews.com...

The NYPD told Fox News it had nothing to report on the incident at this time, but that it is investigating the incident.

how could there not be though with property damage and people in the hospital?
its all on video

another site says this

Just spoke to a spokesman for the NYPD. There is no warrant out for Conor McGregor’s arrest at this time, he said. They are, though, looking for him and want to speak with him, the spokesman said. No one has filed charges against McGregor at this moment.

edit on 5-4-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wonder if Bellator has been in Conor's ears? They allegedly dumped a $1.5 Mil in Ortiz' lap for the Sonnen fight last year. Conor is a bigger draw by far, particularly if Bellator could somehow sign both Conor and Mayweather (assuming Mayweather is serious about wanting to fight a rematch with McGregor in MMA). The record paydays for UFC have belonged to McGregor (and the Beast Incarnate, but he's little more than an infrequent sideshow to boost buy rates) and have been around $3 Mil. If Bellator offered Conor, say, $4 Mil to take on Chandler, Rickels, then take the title off of Primus over the next couple of years, ending with a 9-figure guaranteed superfight against Mayweather, I'd have to assume Conor would sign in a heartbeat.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

its all on video

Dana White talking out of his ass to the public about this while quietly telling the NYPD that he has no interest in pressing charges? That right there would likely lead to cops wanting to talk to Conor but lacking the file required to actually issue a warrant.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i doubt his fighting carrear is over plenty of other mma orginizations who would put him in the ring in a heartbeat yea it wont be on tv in the usa or in english

and really not suprised this is why people loved him he put on a good show and its not fake he cant controle his temper

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
i doubt his fighting carrear is over plenty of other mma orginizations who would put him in the ring in a heartbeat yea it wont be on tv in the usa or in english

Of course it would be on TV and in English. There's no reason for McGregor to ever fight again without a payday and without an audience. Similarly, the only reason to sign him is to generate a massive PPV buy rate. Whoever he fights for is going to pay him, is going to give him a global audience, and is going to make a lot of money off of him. The real question is who can offer him actual competition?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

to be fair to me and i should have clarified though i dont even think about bellator or any of the other promotions.

im not the biggest mma fan anymore.
jiu jitsu i where my heart is.

there are a couple fighters for other orgs that i casually follow like ben askren and ed ruth but that is just because they are grapplers.

so i just kind of put the other orgs out of my mind.

i will be following one fc because they signed garry tonon and he just won his first fight.

i was sucked in the conor thing cause nate diaz who i really like

im riding khabib hard right now but other than him i really only care to follow a few people.

i do like ilima macfarlane from bellator but thats cause she is 10th planet. i talk to a couple of the instructors so i keep track

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

its all on video

Dana White talking out of his ass to the public about this while quietly telling the NYPD that he has no interest in pressing charges? That right there would likely lead to cops wanting to talk to Conor but lacking the file required to actually issue a warrant.

you would think it will happen though right?
i dont know # but property damaged. people hurt.
its a big deal

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm skeptical. I grew up watching Stone Cold drop I-beams on Vince McMahon's limo, blowing it up with Vince inside. I've seen UFC adopt a lot of WWE-type "scripted" interactions outside of the actual MMA fighting. It's nigh impossible to say UFC is fully a competition based on fighting skill and prowess when Lesnar and Phil Brooks were handed major fights and even titles based entirely off of how big a ticket draws they were. How protective was UFC of Ronda Rousey when they realized they had a cash cow on their hands? Holy hell, they created a title for her before she'd ever fought a fight for UFC and handed it to her before they had any other females signed to fight her.

That type of crap makes me skeptical of anything UFC does outside of the Octagon.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

i understand being skeptical cause they do have some antics but this is not scripted.
of course you are free to believe it or not and there is no way i can prove it to you so i guess just wait till you get the proof you need.

there have never been any scripted things like this.
it is ALL over reddit and instagram. i dont just mean people like us i mean fighters and trainers.
i am removed from it but i talk to a couple people that train at various places including AKA and a few other schools and the word coming out of all these places are just what the vids are showing.

cant have all those people in on it.

i will keep posting updates as i hear them.

there is a guy on here that is piped in by extension more than me. he might have a better word. i will send him a message

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i do agree with you about the money grab stuff from the ufc.
i dont like it but i guess i understand.

brock came in and was getting high level guys pretty fast.
he is coming back by the way.
dana announced that the other day. there is a big wwe event this weekend so we can all expect him to 'lose' since he is going back to ufc.
i dont like it now and i didnt like it then.
i never felt like he belonged.

he did beat some high level guys but they were past their prime.

the word is its gonna be brock vs jon jones when jon comes back from suspension.
not official. just a whisper

i wouldnt be surprised to see brock vs nangano.
that might actually be a halfway decent heavy match.

ronda was kind of handled with kid gloves. when you think about it though brock was just as legit as her i suppose. she was high level judo and he was high level wrestling.
they have both been exposed as 1 dimensional

all rondas fights went the same way. high clinch. toss. armbar

i dont think josh barnett is under contract with an mma organization right now so that would be fantastic if ufc could get him back and have those 2 go at it. i would love to see what josh could do to him

CX

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Why are Sky News saying he threw a railing threw the window....with a picture of someone holding a railing.....when it was clearly not?

He's handed himself in anyway.

news.sky.com...

CX.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I'll puke if Lesnar gets a return. They fixed everything for him and he was pissing red hot. It'll be a major insult to every clean fighter trying to get into division Top 10s. Rewarding lying bastards and cheaters is Fd up. Lesnar will probably test positive again and leave with the millions...again. Bones? He'd want to hang out for another actual championship fight. Who'd fight him? He was back on the monster deadlifts a few weeks ago and that was an indicator he was taking the PEDs last time around.

I'm actually not even going to check your story because I can't face it being true. Blood pressure is rising already.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

well my friend it is true
brock is coming back this year

and conor is in custody

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
per nbc he is facing assault charges.
twitter.com...

i think the real issue is going to be the litigation

depending on what shakes out he may never fight for ufc again.
he holds a certain kind of visa. that # can be pulled.
yes he could fight for ufc in other countries but he is going to have to come to this country for media obligations and such

too early to tell. i think he could be hit with a lot of #

he was not 'invited' to the center. the mac life crew let him in.
trespassing?
what about the property damage?
who owns the bus? damage to that

this just happened a day ago so we cant say how it will play out

i just dont think he will be fighting again

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I like Conor ‘s trash talking skills, and his pompous personality. But after watching the video, I think he went too far. Don’t effin hurt innocent people. I’m sure the bus driver had nothing to do with it and it looks like he got the worst of it. Of course though, as with any superstar, slap on the wrist. Big fine and everyone will forget ina few days. Just like every other morsel of drama that we are bombarded with. Ray rice? Straight up knocked out his gf. Biggest pos ever. If you’re really good at something, most are willing to overlook your absolute douchebaggery. Woman beater? No biggie, your great at football. Child molester? No problems cuz you’re the king of pop. Slit a ladies throat from ear to ear and drive off in your bronco? Have women take selfies with you at a restaurant, all smiles. Punch Rihanna’s face in? Get a role on Blackish. Moral of the story: break the law all you want if you’re famous and talented, the law bows to money and prestige. Broke ass no name mother effers would be serving years to life for these actions. The lack of consistency in all aspects of our country, especially those concerning the law, from politicians to our fave sport stars to musical geniuses, is appalling. Whatevs... all I can do is try to be a good person and not be a hypocrite. I like the ufc though, it’s the ultimate contest of mans survival skills against another. Just the God given weapons of athleticism, heart, skill and brains. No guns, no boys who got my back, just Mano e Mano. I’d personally like to see the leaders of countries get in the ring to hash out problems. Lol. Imagine all the world leaders being a bunch of cauliflower eared, six packed brawlers, with their countries logo on their spandex shorts, fighting it out for sanctions or tariffs, and we all have to accept the results. I wonder, at this moment, which countries leader would hold the belt. Putin? Lil Kim? Trump? I know, he wouldn’t stand a chance even against Merkel, he’s too fat from McDonald’s. He’s a good golfer though from what I hear.

edit on 6-4-2018 by Starhooker because: These damn sausage fingers

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

MisterSpock...

With a name like you have, I would expect you to know much better than to make a blanket statement of that sort. Its utterly illogical, given the history of the species of which we are a part, and the state of the world today, to imply that violence is always negative and never necessary. It is not always wrong, it is sometimes necessary, and as long as it is sometimes necessary, it will be necessary to create sports which utilise it, to keep people who are honest about the way of the human race and the state of affairs it finds itself in, sharp enough to use it wisely.

There will always, no matter what reasonable people do, be someone willing to misuse their body for ignoble purpose. In order that they be countered, there must always be someone capable of stopping them. Violence is no more evil than a gun is. Its who uses it and how, which lends it meaning for good or ill, and with a name like Mister Spock, I should not have to explain that to you.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I'll puke if Lesnar gets a return. They fixed everything for him and he was pissing red hot.

The sad thing is he was likely the cleanest he'd been in 15 years when he tested positive. Look at Brock before he left the WWE to pursue an NFL job then look at him today.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join