It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big crack evidence East Africa could be splitting in two

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

A large crack, stretching several kilometres, made a sudden appearance recently in south-western Kenya.

The tear, which continues to grow, caused part of the Nairobi-Narok highway to collapse and was accompanied by seismic activity in the area.
The Earth is an ever-changing planet, even though in some respects change might be almost unnoticeable to us. Plate tectonics is a good example of this. But every now and again something dramatic happens and leads to renewed questions about the African continent splitting in two.

multiple reports on this
proof again that Planet Earth is dynamic and changing

would be interesting to see how this played out. how long could they keep the parts bridged? how would this affect climate? would this be a tourist attraction?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
would be interesting to see how this played out. how long could they keep the parts bridged? how would this affect climate? would this be a tourist attraction?

Considering it's not supposed to happen for 50,000,000 years it's not something I worry about.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Looking at the picture it's not very wide, google cracks in the earth and they are everywhere. Scary though think if your house was on that said crack. Would insurance pick it up as it's an act of nature?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You might want to check with Langley on that one.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Interesting

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I Cant trust anything CNN is blabbering...

So Cascadia subduction zone is moving:?!... Then again this might be real news for once... happening in 50,000 years.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

langley has spoken.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
You might want to check with Langley on that one.

I already interfaced with the Kremlin and Xuen says don't worry about it too.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh thats mighty awesome thanks for relaying that info to me, saves me having to sign in and find out myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

ATS i command you to bow for general Zod (he's still a man isn't he? else it's Zoddette) and langley too (a bit).

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Zodette.. hehe..
edit on 5-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
LOL, Sorry a bit of a chuckle there.. That was golden.. As for the OP yea 50 million years i guess... lol like a weather man no one knows sheesh balls of kyptonite

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
LOL, Sorry a bit of a chuckle there.. That was golden.. As for the OP yea 50 million years i guess... lol like a weather man no one knows sheesh balls of kyptonite

Ok manela effect ... I swear to Odin I wrote something past this one.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I'll have to talk to the guys at langley, they're lacking in stars.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why does CNN make a point at the start of the article to say that it's solely the views of the writers of said article? Is there something controversial about this?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Why does CNN make a point at the start of the article to say that it's solely the views of the writers of said article? Is there something controversial about this?

Because some geologists attribute it to continental drift and others to erosion.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I thought about this. It made me wonder if the Grand Canyon will also create a divide.

It sure has a huge head start over this new crack in the Earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The Grand Canyon is due to erosion, not a rift valley.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Because some geologists attribute it to continental drift and others to erosion.

I see. Yes, that is certainly scandalous!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I see. Yes, that is certainly scandalous!

I'm sure the two factions would gang fight if you locked them in a room together.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join