It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big crack evidence East Africa could be splitting in two

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And still others to expansion:

Here is a more traditional scientific paper:

Here we describe the new Sub-Saharan Africa Geodetic Strain Rate Model v.1.0 (SSA-GSRM v.1.0), which provides fundamental constraints on long-term tectonic deformation in the region and an improved seismic hazards assessment in Sub-Saharan Africa. Sub-Saharan Africa encompasses the East African Rift System, the active divergent plate boundary between the Nubian and Somalian plates, where strain is largely accommodated along the boundaries of three subplates.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

People who think the earth is growing that rapidly are not exactly playing with a full deck.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A little lotion will clear that crack right up

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
the earth is growing. This new crack is proof. These cracks and sink holes are opening up in a lot of different places.

Here's a couple videos that provide a lot of evidence that all living planets are growing not just the earth.

I know i'll get a bunch of "educated" people who have studied with "experts" who have studied "Plate tectonics" who disagree. I've never seen one of them able to explain this phenomena. They are too indoctrinated to admit they paid a lot of money to be conned by the education system.

edit on 5-4-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

People who think the earth is growing that rapidly are not exactly playing with a full deck.

Explain those video's i posted. You have a full deck of cards to play with.... Please let me know what you think is happening on the other growing planets.

Don't you think it would be nearly impossible to fit all the continents together like that if the earth wasn't growing? Or is that just a coincidence?

I've noticed when people can't use logic and knowledge to defend their theories, they jump to attacking the person for being dumb.

It seems like you are projecting your own ignorance to defend a theory you take religiously...
edit on 5-4-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I see. Yes, that is certainly scandalous!

I'm sure the two factions would gang fight if you locked them in a room together.

Don't bring a trowel to a rock hammer fight.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

Explain those video's i posted.

Why? You have your mind made up with some whacky theory that the earth is growing along with 'every other 'living' planet'.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
Don't bring a trowel to a rock hammer fight.

Seriously. Considering what Andy Dufresne did with his.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because thats how science works guy.

You entertain all theories until you can prove them wrong...

You don't just call a theory "whacky" because you disagree with something you haven't even looked at.

This is why the scientific community is a laughing stock to true scientists. They have their minds made up because they are "educated" and any evidence they disagree with is not even looked at and ridiculed.

Reminds me of the Graham Hancock and Zahi Hawass debate that never happened.

You can't debate # and you know it.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Cool. Call me when you or someone else publishes a scientific paper on this growing earth deal of yours.

edit on 5-4-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
You might want to check with Langley on that one.

I already interfaced with the Kremlin and Xuen says don't worry about it too.

Sounds kinky.

Like big Earth cracks. Just fill it with TP, itll take care of itself.
edit on 452018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why does CNN make a point at the start of the article to say that it's solely the views of the writers of said article? Is there something controversial about this?

poorly written article. I should have sourced another, like this one

www.popularmechanics.com...

National Geographic notes that rifts in the area are getting larger because two tectonic plates, the Somali and the Nubian, are moving away from each other. They may separate completely eventually, over a 50 million year time period. The Conversation explains that rifts are the beginning of a continental split, and can lead to a new ocean basin; around 138 million years ago, a rift led to the break-up of South America and Africa.

I know we won't be around to see it but interesting to think about.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Cool. Call me when you or someone else publishes a scientific paper on this growing earth deal of yours.

news.stanford.edu...

Most scientific papers are frauds... Does all the information you believe come from a scientific paper? Seems like an odd way to live a life. Don't know why anyone would want to wait that long for a "scientific paper " these days anyways...

You still haven't explained what you think is happening in those videos.

I'm honestly curious, no one has an explanation that i have heard, other than the planets are growing...

Everyone just kinda says blah blah scientific papers blah blah I'm closing my eyes those aren't published scientific papers blah...

Unfortunately the scientific community has become more religious than scientific these days.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Guess you don't have anything other than specious YouTube videos, I wasn't really expecting anything other than that.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

the earth is growing. This new crack is proof. These cracks and sink holes are opening up in a lot of different places.

Here's a couple videos that provide a lot of evidence that all living planets are growing not just the earth.

I know i'll get a bunch of "educated" people who have studied with "experts" who have studied "Plate tectonics" who disagree. I've never seen one of them able to explain this phenomena. They are too indoctrinated to admit they paid a lot of money to be conned by the education system.

You are correct it is growing in several places. But you are ignoring the fact that it is shrinking in several places too. That's the nature of plate tectonics. its how the world works.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I see. Yes, that is certainly scandalous!

I'm sure the two factions would gang fight if you locked them in a room together.

Let's do it.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a reply to: booyakasha

Guess you don't have anything other than specious YouTube videos, I wasn't really expecting anything other than that.

To be fair, you are being a bit of a -----.

They asked you to address the theory, and all you have done is reply with veiled insults and condescension. You haven't addrrssed anything about the theory except that you think it's "whacky" and that people who believe it "aren't plYing with a full deck." What specifically makes you think the theory is incorrect?

I don't have a dog in this fight, mind you. I had no idea this was such a steamy topic! But I am curious about why all you are doing is insulting the person who added the video about the expanding deal.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

They asked you to address the theory, and all you have done is reply with veiled insults and condescension.

Thinking the earth is growing is on par with thinking it is flat. You get what you give. Act stupid and win stupid prizes.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

They asked you to address the theory, and all you have done is reply with veiled insults and condescension.

Thinking the earth is growing is on par with thinking it is flat. You get what you give. Act stupid and win stupid prizes.

since you seem to hate videos for some reason maybe read some books... ? www.amazon.co.uk...=cm_lmt_srch_f_1_rsrsrs0

How would the lines on the planets "old crust" line up perfectly if these planets were not expanding? You probably have no clue what I'm talking about since you refuse to look at any information regarding a growing earth.

Also explain how flat earth and growing earth are on the same par with each other please. Very curious has to how you bridge that gap as well.

I'm not really expecting a real response from you, just going to keep pointing out how your prideful ignorance on the subject is making you look like an idiot...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

Haven't heard of it shrinking in places... Any information you can show me on that?

Can you explain how any of the evidence provided in the videos i link make sense if the planets are also shrinking? please do

Sure looks like they are growing to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join