It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London murder rate beats New York as stabbings surge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

We should have a referendum.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Build that wall...build that wall...
Make Londoners pay for it as well, keep their street rats to themselves.
It'll be YUGE! ...anything inside the M25 good?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They say never bring a knife to a gun fight. For my mates who have been unarmed by their "betters" and have to walk the mean streets they've given you, I say don't bring a knife to a Manriki fight either.

Easy to make and customize. I actually prefer quality Paracord doubled, tripled, or quadrupled unless the thugs start carrying swords then stick with chain. Speaking of chain, you don't even necessarily need the weighted ends---just find a weight and length that suits you.

A bit of practice in learning to quickly and manually manipulate the length is recommended. Better than nothing and much easier to become proficient at than knife fighting.

edit on 1-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yep, that would probably fall into the offensive weapon catagory as well.
I feel safest when walking around with my tool belt because I can justify my reason for carrying. Paslode gas nail gun is a good one hanging from the belt lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It will be like Escape from New York but London any corrupt politician gets sent in there kicking and screaming "No No please not London they don't do gravy NOOOOOOO!".
While the rest of us just get on with life

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes, and they can keep their stupid contrived gangsta accent as well, only when Londoners start sounding like cockneys again can they apply to travel to other parts of the UK.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Miserable lot also I used to get the tube and talk to folk explaining I'm a Northerner and friendly they used to look at me like I had killed their cat or something.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I've had the same, miserable bastards in London.
I was in Bradford recently, and definitely some #hole areas, but all dead friendly decent people I met.
I'd choose Bradford over London anyday...well if it wasn't so, 'up norf'

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Massively strict gun control and violent crimes are on the rise. Imagine that.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

It has nowt to do with guns If us lot had em the murder rate would be tens times higher than the states generally we are all nutters who don't mind a ruck.
God forbid us all armed we would roll over the world again and regain the Empire!
It has a lot to do with years of austerity and people being poor.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I don't see the link.
If guns were easy to get hold of then the murderous little scrotes would be shooting each other instead, and possibly more innocent folk would get caught up in it.
It really is a problem particular to London youths though, if knives were unavailable they'd just use screwdrivers.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Scary thought, drunk Brits at the weekend all concealed carry, it would be carnage.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have only met one Cockney up north and he shat himself.
I barred a cockney king and queen for attempting to tap drinks of folk in my pub, told them my names above the door its a northern pub and we serve our beer with a head on
I got a load of southerners drink bitter with a head on one of my most proud moments tbh.
edit on 1-4-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

God forbid us all armed we would roll over the world again and regain the Empire!
It has a lot to do with years of austerity and people being poor.

Lol, I know that's right! The Sun might never set again.

As for the second part: Yes, violence is a societal problem that's generally ignored in this debate. No easy answers there.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Haha, I like a decent ale, when I travel around Britain I always buy the local beer to try it out.
Back home though I often buy scrumpy cider from a local farm, don't think he's even got a license to sell it, and heaven only knows what the alcohol percentage is lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Scary thought, drunk Brits at the weekend all concealed carry, it would be carnage.

There's a reason why a tiny little island in the north sea managed to created an Empire, and why the navy issued rum as rations aboard ship!!
edit on 1-4-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
It all started going downhill when we stopped caning kids!.
We should go Victorian on the buggers.
Or give the youth more prospects, these are times of austerity and in these times things get worse poverty causes division and desperation.
But any of the little gits doing this should be caught and put in the stocks.

I was at high school when they had corporal punishment. The white yoofs (neds, chavs, scallies) saw it as a challenge to take a beating from a large male teacher. They would take the piss out of one female teacher who didn't really have much authority. Physical strength wasn't the main factor, it was more psychology. There was one short female teacher, about 5 foot tall, she had the nickname "the poison dwarf". One long cold stare from her would give you the goosebumps. Other teachers would just speak slowly with a deep voice "What ... are ... you ... doing ... over ... there?"

We had the same problems with white kids in London back 50 years who were living in the concrete estates. Then they became punk. Those kids either grew up, moved out of London or died off from drug abuse. Then they were replaced by new arrivals from African countries.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

It is the latest "fashion" with the kids. These are all kids being gangsters, just like Chicago, only with knives instead of guns. They boast with their guns, knives and bottles of fine whiskys and spirits; they are crazy!

They call the music "Drill Music" that they make and it is very bleak, living life as if no tomorrow. It is steroid enhancing romanticism and glamourization of the gangster young sexy guy gonna die tomorrow TuPac #. The council estate kids have took this to total cartoon extremes. I'll prove it with a video from Chicago and a video from London:

It is a well extreme fashion of gang behavior. It is very sad and as bleak and pointless as the music, but they get off on making it dangerous to live for each other. It is as if they like living off the adrenalin rather than the emptiness of what life has become for the young in so many Western inner cities.

It is like deliberately making everything dangerous for kicks. What more to say? Don't we all do that sometimes? Even little Amy Winehouse and Jim Morrison liked to walk the tightrope between life and death to get off on it for the excitement, the stimulation and the art.

I called my latest track I made "Drill Dub". I have been picking up on their vibes and feeling their desperation, putting it into my own art and heart.

Yes, in London nearly all these young murders are the kids knifing each other in gangster revenge and justice, copied from the streets of Little Italy, Chicago prohibition era, gangster movies, rap and places all those years back; just a new tragic comic version.

It's like life became too safe and they are "dangering" it up. They are very naughty, but the young always are. It just looks like such a waste to us when we get older and see the sense; making life more interesting in the ghettos because it is a nihilistic uncared for void as it stands. I know because I came from it.

Look, this is how street politics happen when the authorities don't care about you any more. Really tragic and very UGLY BUGGLY BUGSY BALOGNEY! These murders are over drugs, money, turf and girlfriends. It is the poitics of the concrete jungle, born out of poverty and lack of social care and provision. They make their own hierarchies, opportunities and worst of all, JUSTICE.

Hey buddy, this post was racist. You could at least show some white people rapping about murder and guns. It's not just African Americans that invented gangster rap, you know.

#Triggered #Privileged #Bouttocry #Am I REal?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ban steel, sharp objects, public education institutions and chemicals - problem solved.

OR, drop the BS and target and profile like they used to do right up to about 60 years ago - globally.

I'm over this 'dancing around the elephant in the room' sh!t.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I said in the other thread that I can't remember the last white stabbing victim in London when I've seen pictures on the news. I got some figures earlier from 2010 I believe and black youths were disproportiately represented from a skim read.
I'll try find it again...
Black offenders 36% in 2010, white offenders 46%, Asian 16%
www.whatdotheyknow.com...

Here's a link to figures for population breakdown by race in London...
en.wikipedia.org...

To save a click:
Black population 13.3% with 36% of killers
White population 59.8% with 46% of killers
Asian population 18.4% with 16% of killers

Based on that raw observation it seems being stabby is a bit of a problem in the black community compared to white or Asian.
edit on 1-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join