It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's scripted propaganda only pretending to be "NEWS"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The rather sick part is that local news anchors are often quite congenial and seemingly honest.
Then they sit behind a desk reading Rothschild-inspired propaganda often not knowing they are lying.
Their local audience is disarmed emotionally.
edit on 1-4-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

Yeah, AP and Reuters, that's where I figured it was coming from. Not many news reporters anywhere, just news anchors regurgitating the news wires.

Someone mentioned talk radio. I'll listen to that. At least it's a different take on the same stories, usually. However, I-Heart Radio Network owns all the AM and FM stations around here except like maybe one or two. It is really pathetic how there is such a complete monopoly on all the broadcast media. It would be great to have even a low power local independent news/talk radio station, but the FCC doesn't issue low power licenses because the higher wattage stations are worried about RF interference. That goes for AM too, like many people even listen to AM anymore. The shortwave is mostly Spanish and religious stations, so no real competition there I guess.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Rush has been playing these clips on the radio (what he calls the daily soap opera) for about 30 years. I go back and forth, myself on whether this is a real conspiracy or not.

See, these are all national chains with local anchors, running an organization like that would require sending out filler content (some places don't have as much local news to report as others). One could then selectively edit the filler content together and claim that all your news in manipulated and none of these people are actually reporting the news. What it really boils down to, imo, is how forceful the parent company is about which 'filler' items get reported by everyone.
edit on 1-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Love how this is freaking people out. Nothing here. Moving on.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
IHeartRadio is a platform that saved the radio stations.

Maybe we will have an IHeartFakenews platform emerge?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We've got Ajit Pai's FCC pushing to eliminate restrictions on the number of tv stations Sinclair can operate in each area. They want to eliminate requirements that a broadcast company have a studio in the area in which they broadcast. They want to removed restrictions on TV stations purchasing local newspapers. They've just eliminating rules regarding big media mergers, making it easier for Sinclair to dominate local markets.

A single day after FCC relaxed rules on proportion of local market a broadcaster can own, Sinclair bought FOUR TV stations in my small town. Sinclair now owns 4/7 tv stations in my area. How many TV stations do they own / are they planning to buy, in your area? Find out who owns your local TV stations, and look into the radio stations and newspapers why you're at it!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
DAN RATHER on this.

TWITTER COMMENT

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
THIS should have more than two pages of replies on ATS...

DARK TIMES when "caravans" matter MORE than literal media takeovers.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

There you are.

My thoughts exactly. But since its "liberal" and "conservative" stations alike in that mixup, its bad news for most people delusion so they dodge it and stick to the topics that the MSM have wrapped entirely around "left" / "right" BS framing.
edit on 3-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Liberal Media says its mostly conservative media pushing these talking points.

Update: thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is only the surface of the systematic lie we have been spoon-fed since birth. I don't think it's purposeful dissemination of ignorance, but rather ignorance due to pride. This deception is deeply rooted in the public and private school system.

God forbid... they even teach us in school that we are mutant freaking chimpanzees and ostracize anyone who doesn't follow suit. Go home you retard ape and watch your TV programming, don't forget to lock your jail cell before you go to bed because some other retard ape might want to steal your garbage.

edit on 3-4-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Well it's fake news, really. From what I hear, this was a memo pushed out by sinclair broadcasting to be read by all anchors. It's a memo condemning fake news and promising to remain journalistically curious. I believe they made it clear that this was a memo from the parent company to the audience. So it's not really big news.

But we've had many threads here on ATS with many responses talking about the propaganda media and how they all repeat the same talking points.

What I find more interesting is that it's nearly impossible to find the full message from any one source. All that you can find is this compilation video with no context. Talk about orwellian, you can't view the message yourself, you must view one of the doctored video's along with someone telling you what to make of it.

Here is the script given to them to read:

Hi, I’m(A) ____________, and I’m (B) _________________…

(B) Our greatest responsibility is to serve our [local] communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that [station] produces.

(A) But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one-sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

(B) More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories … stories that just aren’t true, without checking facts first.

(A) Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control "exactly what people think." … This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

(B) At [station] it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically "left nor right." Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

Is any of that propaganda? I mean, what's the agenda here? What is biased or misleading about that statement? Is that not a statement made by just about every news outlet, left or right, in the last few years? Is it simply propaganda for a parent company to address viewers of its stations?
edit on 3-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok

Conan O'Brien has been showing this for years now.
People still watch. It's almost Orweillian.

You can't fake the news if it's all a script, right?

Right???

Jon Stewart used to have a segment doing the same thing that showed the coordination between the big players. Obviously the Sinclair issue is the smaller players. But it's good to always remember that most news is manipulation. I use the New York Times, Economist, The Guardian, and Der Spiegel. Occasionally The Hill or CNN, and Limbaugh/Hannity in the car. That seems to work well for a well rounded view.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join