It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's scripted propaganda only pretending to be "NEWS"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Local news, yeah right more like local propaganda.

The people delivering the News are actors/actresses now.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Conan O'Brien has been showing this for years now.
People still watch. It's almost Orweillian.

You can't fake the news if it's all a script, right?

Right???

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
"This is extremely dangerous towards our democracy."

*Comment removed by the government of USA.*

edit on 31-3-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Only a small handful of people (who’s names are not known to the public) carefully handpick and knead/mold the stories that fascilitate the many agendas of the.... cabal (I guess I’ll call it that) which currently has (and seeks to maintain) the capacity to influence and manipulate the population for their agenda(s).

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Your daily emotions, outrages and pied piper support are all prepared in advance. How far they will go in preparing is the real question we need to always ask.

Can they identify when someone is going to snap, would they move to prevent it or move assets in place to cover it in a way that promotes their messaging? Surprises could throw the script off after all, they must not like surprises.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yesterday, I showed my 10 year old daughter a few of the wonderful "Scripted MSM News" videos from youtube....

To prove a point.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well there you go everyone: Fox reading the same scripts as CBS, ABC, etc, etc. Everyones been being played our entire lives.

That's a good one. A newer one than... I have to add it to the archive thread.

Here's another old one them telling you about your children:

edit on 31-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I generally agree that most large scale media companies not only don't represent journalistic principles but also play the role of propagandists for the powerful. However, for local and even low level major organization journalists, many of whom I know, most would disagree with this entire thread and my points. Most that I know are adamant that there is no media control and at worst the problems we see are just widespread unchecked biases, partisanship, etc. How does one counter that? I usually say that the control appears to be within the large scale media and news agencies, rather than at the local level.

edit on 31-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14
The local level news anchors are part of the elites of that jurisdiction. They make the good money, and typically live on the island/the hill/on the water etc.. etc.. of the more envied zip codes in their market. They do it with the impression that they are the guardians of truth for us, the masses. Of course they would not admit they have the same prepared documents waiting for them for the segment before they have even walked in for the day.

Honestly I am more along the thought that these companies have an AI machine generate the report, tweaked by the editor, and then it is faxed and/or emailed to all the affiliates on the continent for the next shows reading. Most of those anchors don't have a clue what news they are going to report when they walk in that day. They just take a few minutes to practice reading the prepared script that both their rivals and fellow affiliates all receive nationwide daily.

Fake ass news. I sure would love to take a drone, turn it into a mobile hacking station, fly up to all the digital billboards in a market and upload these videos to play in a loop.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Its always the opposite of the script that is true.

Therefore, not only is this scripted garbage a threat to our democracy but those scripting it want to destroy it...

Or just keep everyone asleep, which is essentially the same thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Economic factors may take some spring out of the Easter Bunny's step this year!
edit on 31-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I remember correctly this was the scripted message that Sinclair Broadcasting forced their channels to run that disturbed many of the local news commentators. Jimmy Kimmel would always run comedy bits where all the local news channels would repeat the same words over and over but that was generally over more light things like the weather and sports. This is the first time I remember a complete scripted message of this nature and tone read out across this many local channels.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It seems like all the news broadcasts get their stories from the same source. Often our local news uses the same stories that they have on the national evening news. Even PBS and BBC American is using the same stories. I don't want to see British news anchors parroting the same stories I see on the big three here. I wish I could pick up CBC Canada like I used to in Detroit, doubt it would be any different though.

I used to watch Al Jazera and RT for propaganda from other countries, but my local PBS stations removed them. The one PBS station still has a bunch of Chinese, French and German broadcasts that have a little bit of different content, but I don't want to watch hours on end of the same stories to find a few different ones. Even the alternate online sources are using a lot of the same stories now-a-days.

I even watch CBN, the Christian news service to see the propaganda they're spewing, but it's pretty much the same stuff on the evening news, not even with a Christian twist any more.

It's all crap reporting, but at least I get some local stories about murders, drug busts, car accidents and a weather report on the local broadcasts. Even they seem to have mostly the same local stories. At least one covers most of the state more than the others. I don't know what's going on in Detroit or Chicago (the closest big cities other than Grand Rapids) unless I look online at their local stations.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
they should make it more fun then.

lock winestein in the basement with a pen,paper and some hookers and see what happens next.
edit on 1-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
It seems like all the news broadcasts get their stories from the same source...

Our morning news show once was like "let's see what the headlines today are" and they had a camera shot of him looking at his laptop, then a shot of the laptop screen, and it was literally just AP and Reuters headlines/stories that they were reading.

I thought this morning news show was cool and unique because it was funny and seemed more laid back. I was thinking it's great that we have this "Good Day [city name]" show and I love living here....went on vacation and saw an exact same "Good Morning [vacation city name]" morning news with the exact same format...I was crushed lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Gimmie a break. Lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Then why aren't we all telling the same story?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

thats funny coming from your mouth...

repeat after me.

"There is no child sex trafficking ring being covered up by the media. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, The Bush's, The CIA, The FBI, The Vatican, The royalty, are not child traffickers."
edit on 1-4-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Because we have them that believe the News and we them who dont. We are practically being set up to dissagree. THis creates a situation where the Public argue amongst them selves. Then the public wont argue against them.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We should keep in mind that it's left AND right mainstream media. Not only tv, but also radio and internet. People like Alex jones have agendas and narratives too.

It's all about keeping an open mind and paying attention to the bias and truth behind the "news".

I'm only stating this because I see far too many on ATS falling for the left vs right paradigm that divides us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join