It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$25-30 BILLION Gateway project in NY/NJ - has anyone investigated or posted about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I did a search for this and didn't see any threads related to this project. For those that don't know it is a project meant to upgrade and or replace a lot of the infrastructure from Penn Station NJ to Penn Station NY and much of the rail system in between including tunnels and bridges. It was orignially propsed and SOME work started in 2003 but has been delayed, funding dropped or changed and the cost has creeped up to the current 25-30 billion dollars IF there are no cost over runs and if it finished on time (YEAH, good luck with that). Realistic estimates put the suspected price tag (with past cost over-runs and projects taking longer than planned) to be more like $40-60 billion before completion! When talking about this type of money it is possible that the project COULD be worth the amount of expenditure, but when one looks at what is being done and what the final results are going to be, it becomes CRYSTAL CLEAR that this project must be being managed by the MOB and the government as it is TOTALLY outrageous in cost/price for what is delivered and the fact that the technology being used isn't cutting edge but 40-100 year old ways of building (but they are charging as if they have engineered and incorporated technology from the 22nd century (cutting edge tech or futuristic tech) which is about the total opposite from what is being done.

Now NJ & NY want the Fed gov to pay for this with a "promise" that the states will pay it back (I'll wait for you to stop laughing) and they are willing to compromise for the Fed to pay for 1/2 with grants and other non-repayable means getting the money into the project. It is all a total farce when it comes to the cost and what it will pay for. I agree that upgrades in this area of track are needed, but it should be handled by NJ, NY and maybe PA to some extent with a small portion of Fed $$ if there is specific need or reasons that the Fed should provide $$ for the project.

I have a writup on this that is about 10% done and it is already 3 typed pages in a Open office Writer, so I'll post my complete review once I finish it - OR is it better to post parts as I finish them. There are about 10 projects within the all encompassing Gateway project and I'm analyzing each. Should I publish in totality when finished or post each section, allow discussion, and then continue as new sub projects are finished.

I'd like to have some brief discussion on this topic here and maybe I can get some points to research to make my research project better, so if you know of anything or you have anything to say in general, please speak up but there will be another thread with a detailed analysis of the topic in it's own thread coming sometime in the near future.

So anyone have anything to add or areas into which I should research? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So has anyone heard anything about this project and if so, what have you heard about it and what are your thougts?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't live in the country and know nothing about it so can't offer much - but based on the OP that does look mightily suspicious to say the least. Kudos for keeping people in the loop and I look forward to more information.

Maybe if enough people get wind of it soon something can be done before it gets anywhere.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
So has anyone heard anything about this project and if so, what have you heard about it and what are your thougts?

Isn't that Schumer's baby?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Here in Newark NJ, I heard many years ago that there is a plan to develop the city to the point where it will be one with NYC.

You need to see all the transformation and new constructions around the Penn Station already in progress or done.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well, you can be sure that President Trump will see straight through this if it is a sham.

He is well versed in NY tricks since he learnt them from his father.

It will be interesting to see what develops. That is an awful lot of money.

P

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Well, you can be sure that President Trump will see straight through this if it is a sham.

He is well versed in NY tricks since he learnt them from his father.

It will be interesting to see what develops. That is an awful lot of money.

P

Could build a nice beautiful border wall with that amount.

How's that speed rail doing in Cali?

top topics

join