It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family’s S.U.V. Plunges Off Cliff, and Death Toll Is Feared to Be 8

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The family’s sport utility vehicle plunged off a 100-foot cliff in California and was discovered on Monday — upside down, engulfed by the waves of the Pacific Ocean.
Both parents were found dead inside the S.U.V.; three of their children were discovered dead outside it; and the three other children, including Devonte, were still missing on Wednesday evening and feared dead, law enforcement officials said.

Family’s S.U.V. Plunges Off Cliff, and Death Toll Is Feared to Be 8

Firstly, it is sad that the lives of these children were ended prematurely. Secondly, the allegations of abuse are disturbing. It will take some time to determine if this was due to brake failure or was a murder/suicide. By some slim chance, perhaps the other children will be found safe somewhere?

One of those children — Devonte, who is black — was photographed hugging a white police sergeant in Portland, Ore., during a 2014 demonstration to protest police violence. In the photograph, Devonte clung to the officer, a mix of fear and anguish in his eyes.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Sheriff Allman conceded that many questions remain: When did the “accident,” as he called it, occur? Why did the S.U.V. drive across at least 75 feet of dirt before plummeting into the ocean? Why weren’t there skid marks? Sheriff Allman said his office knew of no witnesses. In the meantime, troubling reports about the family have emerged. Washington State Child Protective Services learned on Friday of allegations of abuse against the Harts and tried to make contact with them that day, but no one answered when its employees visited their home, Norah West, a spokeswoman for the state’s Department of Social and Health Services, said on Wednesday. Ms. West said that Child Protective Services had opened the inquiry because of “allegations of abuse or neglect in the home.”

edit on 3292018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Why does the news article have to mention that one of those kids was black and was hugging a white police sergeant is what I would like to know?

The photo says it all...

Can't they just say "One of those children was seen being comforted" ?

MSM will do anything these days to make a story look more enticing...

Sadly

Lags

edit on 29-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: MSM are bastards

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hmmm... Very odd photo.. dont look right..

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It's just such an awful tragedy. I have no sympathy for the parents. Such a selfish act. Those children deserved to live a full life.

The child Devonte, seen hugging the police officer is 15 years old. So in 2014, he was 11 or 12.. He looks like much older in that photo, like an adult. He doesn't look like a child to me. Just odd.

Devonte and 2 of his siblings are still missing. There's not much hope for them being alive, but there's a chance they weren't in the vehicle, and just haven't been located.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
News just reported there was an investigation into child abuse in the home.
Kids were all adopted.
Three kids are unaccounted for.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Why were the children found "outside" the vehicle? How did they get outside of the car after it ended up in the waves, upside down? Did they tumble out of the car while it was falling?? If so, why didn't the parents (two women) tumble out also? This is a weird scene.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sounds like evil can be anywhere. The kids we're probably there source of income and that's all they meant to them.

All in the looks

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Why were the children found "outside" the vehicle? How did they get outside of the car after it ended up in the waves, upside down? Did they tumble out of the car while it was falling?? If so, why didn't the parents (two women) tumble out also? This is a weird scene.

Some people may have had their seat belts attached

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Exact same damn thing I immediately noticed.

Its so fricken apparent how the media kindles the fire of a race war.
Sickens me.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Exact same damn thing I immediately noticed.

Its so fricken apparent how the media kindles the fire of a race war.
Sickens me.

Sadly some Sheeple follow the ways of MSM... Even here on ATS...

Just need to scroll through certain threads to see it. (Always the same people sadly)

This story is so sad for the kids...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Why were the children found "outside" the vehicle?

They aren't sure exactly when the 'accident' happened, but it could have been several hours, and after hitting the water, the movement of waves etc. could have easily pulled the victims bodies out of the vehicle.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

its fricken heart breaking.

It would be amazing to find out the missing 3 somehow got out of the SUV are alive.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

its fricken heart breaking.

It would be amazing to find out the missing 3 somehow got out of the SUV are alive.

That is 6 kids in total who were apparently not attached with seatbelts whilst the parents presumably were!?
edit on 29-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Time to ban SUVs they’re ugly anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It's just such an awful tragedy. I have no sympathy for the parents. Such a selfish act. Those children deserved to live a full life.

Tried and convicted in the court of Public Opinion, Social Media wins another verdict.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The crash does not look like an accident. So yeah, im going with murder of innocent children. Especially since they just had CPS called on them for neglect.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

The crash does not look like an accident. So yeah, im going with murder of innocent children. Especially since they just had CPS called on them for neglect.

75 feet without skid marks is not proof of anything.

At high speed a vehicle can travel that distance in a second. With eight people onboard it is possible he was looking in the mirror and talking to kids in the back and misjudged the road... just sayin. its not that clear in my mind what occurred.

Or Maybe, it was a brake 'failure' like suggested. Thats a whole other can of worms to be opened during the investigations and trial , which won't happen, because people like you will announce a verdict beforehand, for whatever reason...

Its also somewhat suspicions to me, they were 'activists and seemed to suddenly die under suspicious circumstances, even more suspicious the media is already demonizing them, citing allegations of 'abuse', which has nothing to do with the 'accident'.

Whatever, in a world where police brutality, unjust war, gubment corruption goes unchecked, but peoples color, past and beliefs are more suspect, I expect nothing less.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It would have to be "she was looking in the mirror. Parents were two women and children were all adopted. If I had to bet on this it would be an intentional act and not an accident.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was reading that they were all 6 spotted in the vehicle before the crash.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join