It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

holographic TV, CLARO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Claro's Holographic Television System
The CLARO represents the latest innovation in TV and display technology combined with a visual design aesthetic to introduce the TV system of the future - a transparent glass TV and media system utilising holographic technology.

The Holoscreen is a revolutionary holographic film which displays any image fed through a projector at a specific angle on to a transparent display. All other light is ignored. The result is a remarkably bright and sharp image quality - even in brightly lit environments. The screen is a 1.5m x 1.0m rectangle of 10mm glass with a 610mm x 814mm sheet of translucent attached to it. Any type of projector can be used to cast the image. To complete the futuristic setup, a pair of optional Ferguson Hill FH001 speakers can be positioned either side of the screen.

Looking more like space-age satellite dishes the speakers stand an impressive 1.65m high by 0.92m wide by 0.72m deep. The whole system sells for £25,000 of which the speakers make up £9,999 of the price tag. They are driven by modified Lowther DX3's.

The projector renders a huge forty inch image on the glass screen that seems to hang in mid air. Due to the science of the angles involved the image seems bright and clear even in an environment with plenty of other light about. The projector can take various simultaneous inputs such as TV, DVD and computer. In a standard instillation the projector sits on the floor about 5 feet behind the screen, so while the bulkiness of rear projection screens has literally vanished, it actually occupies a greater amount of space.

The CLARO glass TV and monitor will accept all inputs for playback on screen. From cable services to free to air Television, DVD, video, PC or laptop, even games consoles - pretty much anything you can plug into a television or computer screen.

www.gizmag.com...

science.slashdot.org.../02/17/0351200&from=rss

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Very cool setup! I'm reminded of another holographic display that's supposed to hit the market soon. I'm baffled at how this thing works, so if anyone has any ideas, Let me know. Heres a LINK to the website. Lots of great images and videos. What do you think?

pao

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
NO WAY! that thing has to be the coolest thing ive seen today....

damn i want one.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Geez, I haven't even gotten an HD tv yet...I better write back to that bank in Nigeria!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I saw a picture of this unit and I would disagree as to it being holographic . To me Holographic Is a 3D image projected in the air Usually using lasers. This is just a rear projection TV projected on a free standing glass screen . Kind of like a
heads up display in a fighterjet.

Must be nice to be rich and stupid

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree with ve7lgt, its cool but not what i consider true holographic... i do like it though, but i did see this one thing on TechTV once that they had like this paper thin stuff with a tv on it, and they could put it in a soldiers helmet or something, ill try to find a link.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
this isnt what i was tell you guys about but, this is what i call holographic!

www.io2technology.com.../home

www.holotouch.com...

By the way i cant find the thing i was looking for but it was about the size of a dollar bill i suppose and it was bendable and stuff, im sure somwone on here knows what i mean.

[edit on 1/3/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ve7lgt
I saw a picture of this unit and I would disagree as to it being holographic . To me Holographic Is a 3D image projected in the air Usually using lasers. This is just a rear projection TV projected on a free standing glass screen . Kind of like a

What is that, like $50,000 for a shower door and an old bell & howell projector... god give me strength.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spike
Very cool setup! I'm reminded of another holographic display that's supposed to hit the market soon. I'm baffled at how this thing works, so if anyone has any ideas, Let me know. Heres a LINK to the website. Lots of great images and videos. What do you think?

(from the link) It modifies the air then lights it... I have no idea what they mean by this. How bizzare, looks quite cool though.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
does look cool but real holographs are cooler.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ve7lgt

Yep.But check out Spikes post below that one.And click on the link.Now THATS holographic T.V.

new topics

top topics

join