It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guccifer 2.0 Revealed to Be Russian Intelligence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Trumps in trouble now.
Goosetefer is Russian
Both trumps, father and son have had sexual affairs,

Maybe if they had sex with other men like Obama did, we could forgive him.

This is unforgivable

Nice, didn't want to miss out on someone blaming Obama for Trumps mess, thanks for keeping up with expectations

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

I hate to say it but the standard of spy craft these days leaves a lot to be desired.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Really? Who is stuck in the 90s and still finds this story as plausible for an elite level, world class hacker?

What if they were drunk or on drugs at the time of the mistake. Everyone can make a mistake no mater how "elite" people want to claim they are. Their only human after all.

I mean do I really need to link to examples of really smart people being caught in crimes for really dum reasons.
I am sure cracked.com has a dozen or so articles about that very thing.

It's foolish for any of us to think this must not be true because we think the guy is to smart to get caught this way.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
They did the whole "He uses a cyrillic keyboard so he must be a Russian" thing.

And, after all this, the VPN most probably routed through Russia one time.. and the "Experts" were like "Oh, he must have slipped up, this must be his 'REAL IP ADDRESS'.

As another user already mentioned the DNC emails did not come from Guccifer 2.0, he had some emails that people didn't pay too much interest to if I remember correctly.

It's more than likely the Podesta emails so on so forth came from the Awan Brothers or some other DNC operative who was annoyed that Hillary was rigging the Democrat primaries.

Not to say that Russia didn't have a vested interest in sowing discord and chaos and not to say that Guccifer didn't receive his content from a proxy of the Russian Government, he could have.

However, it is far too convenient to forget to switch your VPN on, when using a VPN doesn't one normally leave it running?

Especially if you're planning to hack a government institute, wouldn't you also be using a proxy and other IP masking techniques?

We're supposed to be the conspiracy crowd, but it seems the media has one up on us these days.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yeah turn on the tv to anything but fox. Try a bite of reality instead of that tofu you've been ingesting that only replicates news.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So perfect to get this all-of-a-sudden isn't it.

It's almost as if the Daily Beast is some kind of a biased source with some kind of biased people giving editorial orders behind the scenes...

Clinton, 37, also sits on the board of IAC/InterActive Corp, the internet and media company that owns websites including Dictionary.com, About.com, Vimeo, Investopedia and the Daily Beast, CNN Money reports.

Link

But I'm sure that has nothing to do with anything, nah.

edit on 23-3-2018 by MostlyReading because: Fixed the link

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

huh...that's good piece of info for future reference.

Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

So Daily Beast is now an acceptable news source? or are you just using it because it "tells you what you want to hear"?

the irony is thick here. Sad, and thick.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

So let me get this straight.

Elite Russian hacker who is blamed for hacking the DNC forgot to hide his IP address and led Mueller's team straight to him?

That doesn't sound like a fall guy at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You're about a year late... #MacaroniArtInternets, #lookImadediss

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: zGrimReapah

And, after all this, the VPN most probably routed through Russia one time.. and the "Experts" were like "Oh, he must have slipped up, this must be his 'REAL IP ADDRESS'.

This was my first thought as well. I use a VPN and it routes through a number of different locations. You can specify where you want it to "exit" and thus where you will appear to be, or you can let it select at random. Is there any way they can really determine his VPN was off and not that it was on and just selected an exit point in Russia? Sounds pretty flimsy. Then again, these are the same folks who listed as one of their key points of evidence that the hacks were done during Moscow business hours. If you have so little evidence that you even have to mention that, your evidence is pretty weak.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Maybe if they had sex with other men like Obama did, we could forgive him

Nice to see the ignorant statements have shown up.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Guccifer was tied to an IP known as a GRU IP. We need to know more about how it is tied to the GRU. It could be the IP is just another VPN end point that fancy bear has used. Or it could be a static IP assigned to their offices.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This is deliberately misleading. There is no VPN set up with a server in Russia's GRU office (that isn't itself part of the GRU).

The fact that there are so many folks here on ATS that believe Putin over anyone else in the world is disturbing.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The Russians were hacking everything they could. Sure. Yet I seem to remember it being said with confidence that Hillary's bathroom server, containing real secretary of state level stuff and managed by a guy using Reddit to resolve technical issues, was not hacked. Hopefully the DNC has since moved their stuff to Hillary's bathroom.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

This is deliberately misleading. There is no VPN set up with a server in Russia's GRU office (that isn't itself part of the GRU).

The fact that there are so many folks here on ATS that believe Putin over anyone else in the world is disturbing.

just to put that in perspective, I would think that even you, at this point would chuckle at the next claim of "Russia" being involved in any and all things nefarious in the news. It's getting to be it's own joke that just keeps re-writing itself daily. I'm sure Vlad does his share of dastardly deeds against us and others, but I just don't think he has the time to pull off every single bad thing that happens to the left. He's gotta sleep sometimes right?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Or he didn't forget and it's fake news. Sorry your trust us no source listed doesn't work for me.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Putin is evil. That doesn't mean this is true.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer

just to put that in perspective, I would think that even you, at this point would chuckle at the next claim of "Russia" being involved in any and all things nefarious in the news. It's getting to be it's own joke that just keeps re-writing itself daily. I'm sure Vlad does his share of dastardly deeds against us and others, but I just don't think he has the time to pull off every single bad thing that happens to the left. He's gotta sleep sometimes right?

That's fair. I guess I'm not viewing this as a perpetual cavalcade of new actions, but an ongoing discovery of what has already transpired. The fact that the Modus-Operandi of those in power so far has been to discredit our own internal intelligence is perhaps what disturbs me more though. It takes only a very small step of logic to ascertain Russia (and I primarily mean Putin's) logic for engaging in these actions, and yet I keep seeing people genuinely jumping to far more complicated and convoluted determinations for what is going on (contrary to Occam's guiding principle).

I know this is a conspiracy forum and all that, but ultimately as much as I disagree with my fellow conservatives here on ATS about things like national policy, at the end of the day my fellow citizens (be they conservative or liberal) are way higher on my list of priority entities to be believed than Putin/Russia. When I see a hard core Republican individual report some intelligence that indicates Russian malfeasance, I'm inclined to believe them over Putin's counter argument.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
a reply to: visitedbythem

Maybe if they had sex with other men like Obama did, we could forgive him

Nice to see the ignorant statements have shown up.

Its called prostitution

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join