It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Template: ''A Face in the Crowd” from 1957

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But you said you "hate Trump" because he's like caricatures from this movie.

I don't believe I said I hate Trump,either in this thread or others. I try hard not to hate, as it is not good for my blood pressure so to have said I hate Trump would have wrung bells in my own health practice.

Which I'm surmising to be the fake groomed polished product politicians which is DAMN NEAR ALL of them as long as either of us have been alive.

Agreed, but more than just that. It is for me the ''wolf in sheep's clothing'' that is behind that polished product. I saw that in Bush Senior and both Clintons. In Reagan I saw a dottering old fool and in Bush Jr, a out of his depth in a suit his daddy bought for him. In Obama it was hard to see at all what he was like due to the shine of his golden armor.

Which is pretty ironic as if anything Trump, the anti-hero, breaks away from that mold more than any other POTUS during this same time period.

And that is for me the big lie, or a big lie. Yes that is his image to those who follow him. I loved it at first,seeing him cut through the crap of the other Republican candidates, like a scythe through a field of corn (corn, get it?). The calling of bull# at every turn had me pumped for a bit. In fact, in 1980 I voted for the Citizens Party candidate Barry Commoner due to it's one word political platform. That word was BULL#. So yes, for a moment that anti-hero stance appealed to me. However beneath any facade is the real man and to me that real man behind the Trump facade is a conniving and deeply, ready for this?, shallow individual.

Whereas Obama, Hillary, Romney, Bush, etc are prime examples of the archetype. Obama in particular, in fact, the 'Teleprompter in Chief', it came out that he was so groomed he actually lived with a famous actor for a period of time so he could emulate (act) like him and seem more 'presidential' (like YEARS in advance of even running for senate, I believe is the story / details.

Though I do not know that to be fact as you suggest, it is not a surprising conclusion. I call this ''grooming'' and is undertaken in any number of fields to put that ''gloss'' of superiority on anyone performing before the cameras.

<< 1   >>

join