It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Mayan Prophesy: Why We Are So Angry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Well a "plane" in geometry has no thickness to it (except as a single point), so technically, and especially at 7 km/s, the sun and Earth would past through that point in a instant.

Yeah, and in the same way Earth's alignment with the Moon and the Sun would be over in an instant. So I assume this has to be a gradual build-up, where in 2012 we reached a climax; the highest number of alignments -- or highest mass in alignment -- even though most of the stars were not in alignment (however that is defined).

Because when we look at the full moon phenomenon, then we see that the effect lasts at least a whole night; it's not over in an instant of madness. To be fair I guess you could claim that as soon as the moon hits alignment then it triggers the effect, and then it takes a while to wear off, and maybe takes some time to build up too? But if that's the case then this lunar effect clearly works differently from the galactic plane-effect, because apparently we are several lightyears away from the plane right now, which in that case would mean that crossing that plane could not be the cause for this political unrest we are seeing in the last decade or so.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The information I had on the galactic plane came from Mayan researchers and was verified by 'Ernie.' I am looking now to find my old notes and maybe some links.

You are right about not being completely certain where we are in the galaxy. That's why I went with correlations between Mayan calendar cycles and astronomical cycles instead of going to astronomical sources. There simply are no astronomical sources that can say one way or another where we are located, except that we are somewhere in the Orion spiral arm close to the rim.

I'll get back to this when I find my old notes.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I am presuming that any effect would work similar to the way most effects in nature work: there is no 'trip-wire' that sets everything off in an instant. Instead, the effects would simply peak at some point, with the slope of the curve specifying the rapidity of the effect. In the case of a disk and gravitational flow, that slope is very steep, so the effect would be fairly rapid as to its onset. Lingering effects, though, could last just as the cold in winter lasts a few months past the winter solstice, even though the days are getting longer.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Asktheanimals

No, the mass of the moon does not change, but its alignment with the sun does. That's where the gravitational anomaly comes in.

TheRedneck

I was only thinking about the light aspect of it but you're right of course. So does the inverse apply? Do we have less violence, odd events during a new moon? Might be fun to find out.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I concur with your intimations there, and would like to add & highlight/ emphasise the fact that the Mandela Effect, among all the weird stuff going on in the world today, is literally the most important, impactful & distressing phenomenon that's ever beset humanity. I have given it quite a bit of thought in the past few weeks, and do consider the Mandela Effect to be some sort of cosmic effect, something which s literally beyond our ken, something which may even be the source of the greater unrest & turmoil yet to unfold as 'the end of the world'. If enough people are distressed in their own self, confused about what their mind & heart are telling them about their closest & often dearest-held memories - it becomes an existential angst, which is echoed & amplified through all other social woes & devices, acting as a cause terminal, a force of mind & strangeness which has the power to really influence the world of Mankind in a very strong, very determinate way. As a society, we all need to treat the Mandela Effect & its outworkings/ influences with extreme caution, in my humble opinion. It is something which we have not encountered before as a race, and is perhaps the next evolution of existential 'strange', following on from the common but equally awe-inspiring 'deja-vu', which is perhaps the previous contender for strangest human conscious experience.

Who knows? Perhaps The Redneck is spot-on here, perhaps winter has finally come, and its night is dark, and full of terrors. Let's hope that's not prophetic in & of itself, and let's hope the Galaxy has a few solutions for us, to soothe our tired brains & salve our fragile interpersonal affairs.

Long live Humanity, and may the Long Count not bring those darkened terrors we all perceive at the liminal boundary, the real & unreal, the bright & the shade...

edit on MarchMonday1813CDT11America/Chicago-050058 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Since I was a kid in the 70's, the numbers have changed....a lot, heh.

Size or diameter of the galaxy, our distance to the center of it, which of course changes how close to the "rim" of the galaxy we are, and recently, the type of galaxy we are in.

Hell, the distance to Andromeda has changed a lot over the years too.

The good news is: mostly it's changing because technology is getting more and more accurate for us.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: eriktheawful

I think we're talking two different terminologies. There have been plenty of astronomers that verified that we did indeed cross a galactic plane on December 21, 2012. That plane would be the imaginary plane that extends through the mass center of the galaxy, calculated by a Gaussian curve that takes into account the various distances of the different masses from it. Obviously that is far from precise calculations (we don't even know exact locations of the various bodies), but it is an educated guess and the best we have.

I'm usually in full agreement with you on a lot of issues, but aren't you kind of acknowledging here that we really have no idea precisely where this plane is, even with our modern technology and all the data we've accumulated? How then can we precisely calculate that we definitely passed through it on a specific date?

Even better, how would the Mayans? They, along with many other ancient cultures, were meticulous astronomers to be sure, but it was all visual light astronomy. That is extremely limiting if you're trying to make that kind of a calculation or even just an educated guess. A large percentage of the galaxy is blocked from our view by the Sagittarius Arm, which is between us and the center of the galaxy. It blocks our view of the rest of "our side" of the galaxy, the core, and just about the entire other side of the galaxy. And even on our side, only a tiny percentage of the stars on this side of the galaxy are visible with the naked eye. And the ones that are visible, simply by using visual astronomy, you have no way to figure the masses. They didn't even really understand mass back then anyway. The Mayans and any other ancient civ simply didn't have enough data to accurately calculate where the plane was, no matter which plane you're talking about.

ETA: I still find all this very interesting, and I hope if you do publish this theory you'll post it here for us. I'd love to read it and see the reaction from the scientific community. These days they aren't exactly welcoming to unorthodox thinking.

Edit edit: I just realized you acknowledged this further up this page. I guess I shouldn't have stopped reading after page 4. That being said, doesn't not knowing the exact location of the plane and therefore not knowing the precise date we'd pass through it kind of throw your whole theory out of whack?
edit on 19 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

No, the mass of the moon does not change, but its alignment with the sun does. That's where the gravitational anomaly comes in.

TheRedneck

I was only thinking about the light aspect of it but you're right of course. So does the inverse apply? Do we have less violence, odd events during a new moon? Might be fun to find out.

When the moon is full or new, the gravitational pull of the moon and sun are combined. At these times, the high tides are very high and the low tides are very low. This is known as a spring high tide. Spring tides are especially strong tides (they do not have anything to do with the season Spring). They occur when the Earth, the Sun, and the Moon are in a line. The gravitational forces of the Moon and the Sun both contribute to the tides. Spring tides occur during the full moon and the new moon.

The Proxigean Spring Tide is a rare, unusually high tide. This very high tide occurs when the moon is both unusually close to the Earth (at its closest perigee, called the proxigee) and in the New Moon phase (when the Moon is between the Sun and the Earth). The proxigean spring tide occurs at most once every 1.5 years.

To a much smaller extent, tides also occur in large lakes, the atmosphere, and within the solid crust of the earth, acted upon by these same gravitational forces of the moon and sun.

moon and tides

so the new moon and full moon are in some ways the most similar in that the sun moon earth are in a line so the pull is the most at new or full moon phases.
edit on 19-3-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

do astronauts in orbit get angrier when they are aligned to the moon and sun? They might expect a larger effect since no earth to dampen the other gravity influence? Just wondering out loud.

Im more interested in new theories of gravity than I am with Mayan time keeping.

As far as gravity the amount of moving parts.. its like so many waves of varying period that all can line up together augmenting the amplitude. amplitude would be strength of effect..

because its so many variables i would have no idea if it's a tidal wave or a ripple at any given moment.. lining up to the galactic plane seems like it could potentially be the greatest effect if everything in the solar system is in that same line.

I feel like this is an astrology study more than astronomy though.

And I think a large part hinges on when did we cross the galactic plane most recently?

How does gravity effect consciousness?

edit on 19-3-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Silicone dioxide is most of what composes the moon... like a huge mirror for the sun; same stuff can be found in living organisms, crushed quartz basically. We also have crystalline structures in the ears and the pineal gland(3rd eye) this forms a triangle of vibrational wave forms that resonate at varying rates.

The voice vibrates and resonates when the energy is pushed upwards with or on the breath it rises from the ground up... when the energy is pushed downwards it sinks in or roots.

Inhale and exhale there is a suspension the breath hangs on as a spot in both inhalation and exhalation; the same as the empty spot between thoughts or words or basically noise we make in resonance.

Reception and repulsion to these energies is a natural thing or force... nulling or negating that force of various masses changes the wave forms or patterns, sound is vibration it is the creative force in growth and destruction necessary for the old and new to blend together harmoniously.

When that comes in the form of ideology the unstruck sound of silence is lost... if one listens in that silence; the clairaudience activates, one can hear on many different vibrational planes clearly; practicing not being disturbed means ignoring the gross planes or realms. There is a very high vibrational rate of this silicate meaning tuning into all pervasive space not those ensnared by the trappings of name and form.

During the full moon and new moon is a time of purification of these vibrations; listen for the twinkling those are the stars eventually they sound like bells dancing about... there is another that is like a very very small crystal glass being circled repeatedly at an extremely fast rate. There is another that sounds like drums known as Indra's drum some deluded on the thought plane call it "jungle music" ignore that as it is the primal animal plane of being also expressed as a field green light.

UV is the highest ignoring the throat chakra which is the blue or human realm one it turns into the red which is the root or fire of life itself, voice or vibration of both is the violet or crown and yet the peak is that small above the twinkles. Sometimes there are loud horn blasts like a whale song these pervade all four directions; there is also a shrill that answers back to the high pitched smaller one.

Of course that is just the sounds vibrations and alignments of the seven bodies; the 8th is the silent jhana or state of being that is typically lost to all classes of beings that have not attained such.

Sound is the creative force because it gives rise to consciousness of words or seeds; consider what is known as Bhodicitta/chitta the inherent seed of the awakened mind or being. It is found in that gap that small space of silence cluttered among all else, but yet the same as that spot between breath expanding and contracting the same as the energy in and out of the cosmic bodies.

Some have poetically referred to it as star stuff that grain; when birds/whales get off of migratory tracks that grain or beacon has been interfered with often times that is from doppler radar messing with their natural guidance systems...

Due to all of this we are all connected elements within no different than without... tuning into those rates or planes or vibrational waves takes practice; volition is a force the same as nature where every move of body, speech or mind causes ripples in a three planes they exist in. The fourth well formlessness the same as the void, the same as the silence, like a shadow always hanging waiting to be noticed so that light actually occurs.

The new moon and full moon days are reminders of all of this.

Aside from all the dogmas and ideologies that divide life itself is never truly separate.

The funny and yet interesting thing is how many are taught to fear the void; it is a test and well lol what people called depersonalization and say it is bad have ego clinging thinking it is the cause of destruction, we that mental construct was not and never was a self. A mirror shines truth in silence the same as the moon shines light brighter than the sun and yet has no light of it's own.

Anyways; sorry to sidetrack discussion from gravity and Mayan business.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

People come to knowledge at different rates; called conception birth of a moment. Death of the moment is yet another moment away... so clinging to past is to cling to death not life; to what has been to what once was... not to what is. Right now as it arises and passes to each individual is all there is.

Take for instance; Stan Lee coming back to life... there was a memorial thread here, and yet recent news not gone at all.

Well, if someone tells you something you were not actually physically there to witness... then it is hearsay oddly enough close to the word heresy. Why be a singular or mass witness to what others want to portray as truth, when concept has never been truth just an appearance? Being takes place in more than just body, speech or a mind it occurs at all three densities and yet even then typically do not void all three out for the fourth to occur.

Thats the highest level a gross body can achieve before crossing the plane into the ethereal body and yet, it is just as dense in the Rupa jhanas. Basically the old emptiness is no other than form and form is no other than emptiness the same can be said about feelings, perceptions, concepts(thought) and consciousness. Those are transformed from gross to subtle in the old koan; front three three, rear three three...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, see that ye be not troubled, for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."- Matthew 24:6

I believe most of the stuff we see in the news is exaggerations and sometimes just blatant lies, even social media has been infiltrated by political operatives with bot accounts that can make the ridiculous seem ordinary, they deploy massive bot campaigns in an attempt to make whatever agenda they're supporting appear like it has overwhelming support the professional political operatives call it astroturfing, which is a play on the word grassroots. For me and most of the people I know the media account of reality doesn't match up with day to day life at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Do we have less violence, odd events during a new moon? Might be fun to find out.

I would love to see some information on that!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Are you just as interested in information which shows no correlation of any sort?
edit on 3/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not knowing precisely where the galactic plane is, or having verification that the Mayans knew where it was, does throw some amount of doubt into the equation. That's why I posted it this early and in an ATS forum instead of committing it to publication. This is a theory based on a theory... a theory that perhaps the anger and unrest today is caused by the phenomena the Mayans claimed to coincide with the end of the 13th long count, based a theory that instead of using a decent amount of supposition, uses mathematical and logical calculation and reason to derive results that match empirical data. That latter theory will be committed to publication.

And the book will not have this section about the Mayans. Too suppositional for print, but perfect for an ATS discussion.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

do astronauts in orbit get angrier when they are aligned to the moon and sun? They might expect a larger effect since no earth to dampen the other gravity influence? Just wondering out loud.

It is my understanding that astronauts experience a wide range of enhanced emotions in near-earth space travel. Psychological testing is one of the things used to ensure an astronaut is capable of performing as such.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am interested in all data. Do you have some?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sure. There has been a lot of statistical study done.
Google Scholar

Bottom line, pretty much, no discernible effect. Despite the beliefs of emergency workers and such like.

A typical finding:

The lunar hypothesis, that is, the notion that lunar phases can directly affect human behavior, was tested by time-series analysis of 4,575 crisis center telephone calls (all calls recorded for a 6-month interval). As expected, the lunar hypothesis was not supported. The 28-day lunar cycle accounted for less than 1% of the variance of the frequency of crisis center calls. Also, as hypothesized from an attribution theory framework, crisis center workers reported significantly greater belief in lunar effects than a non-crisis-center-worker comparison group.

www.tandfonline.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh, I thought you had something on the galactic plane crossing or Mayan calendar-based beliefs.

As to whether or not the full moon causes an increase in aberrant behavior, I have seen it myself driving a truck for a living. I have also looked at studies both pro and con. The bottom line is that for every study you can produce that says no statistical significance, I can produce one that says there is. When there is such a disagreement between studies,I tend to look to my own beliefs and experience... that tells me there is a correlation between moon phase and aberrant behavior in humans, even if sporadic and/or minor.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Oh, I thought you had something on the galactic plane crossing or Mayan calendar-based beliefs.
Astronomy tells us that we crossed the galactic plane several million years ago. The supposed Maya thing? I haven't seen any indication that they had any such beliefs (seems to be stuff made up by purveyors of 2012 nonsense) but there is this (which has nothing to do with the galactic plane):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have also looked at studies both pro and con. The bottom line is that for every study you can produce that says no statistical significance, I can produce one that says there is.
Do those studies take into account such things as weekends?

In your hypothesis, does a perigeal Moon (of any phase) have a greater effect than one at apogee? Have you noticed a difference, with all your driving?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Interesting.

Phage, there is a website i cannot for the life of me recall the name of, but it is full of weird stats about the Moon and such.

One thing that kind of blew my mind was a poll that they had taken over the course of many years, where people could enter their birthday to see what phase the Moon was at that time.

After showing the result, the site allowed you to see a pie chart with logged births and related lunar phases.

It was really interesting, because the chart was nearly symmetric.

Waning and waxing gibbous were around 30% each, the quarters were about 10% each, new and full were the lowest at 4%, etc.

The sample size was around 975,000 at the time that I checked it.

Coincidentally, I posted this info here on ATS in a past thread, only to find that this part of the lunar website was completely removed within 48 hours of posting this info.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join