It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oaklahoma to use Nitrogen for executions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In an interesting move the state of Oklahoma, citing a problem with obtaining medications necessary to perform lethal injections, is going to use nitrogen to perform its executions.

Nitrogen is not toxic per say but if used in increasing percentages it would be lethal causing hypoxia. Sea Level oxygen percentage is 21%. If you introduce a greater concentration of nitrogen the body will be starved of oxygen and succumb to hypoxia. Given the difficulties they hav ebeen having this may be a better way than lethal injection.

But:

1) What is all this nonsense about not being able to obtain vascular access on the condemned? I can get an IV into a dehydrated chubby infant which is a high degree of difficulty. Why are these guys so hard? They need better people. Or better yet, lidocaine the shin and drill an interosseous cathether. Done and done

2) This focus on this cocktail of drugs. The problem is the drug being used are no longer commonplace. Once they fall off of the emergency resuscitation algorithms they are difficult to obtain. Simply shoot that person up with enough medical grade morphine or fentanyl and they will stop breathing. Done and done. Its foolproof, painless, and cheap. Better yet, if you cannot get the IV, the drugs can be administered via enema.

I'm really perplexed as to why any of this is an issue. Nitrogen seems needlessly complicated

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I think in Utah, an inmate can the option of firing squad or lethal injection.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
its because in our sad society the condemned have more rights than those they killed or their loved ones. take the SOB's outside and tie em to a pole and pull the trigger. problem solved guaranteed dead and a whole lot cheaper.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Put them in a room with their victims families ... Done and done.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I agree ... except for the enema part lol.

Stick a poison up my butt and it will come right back at ya mate. It is called an emergency poop!

Unless I am missing something.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just stick them in a room with a Good TV show and slowly put in nitrogen and they will fall asleep and die. Start with nitrous oxide so they can laugh themselves to sleep. Sounds way to cheap I suppose, nobody will make any money off that.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Way too nice. Most of them should just be dowsed in gasoline. Flick a bic!a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23230133]FredT[/pos

Oh please. Get over it already.

Firing squad or rope and be done with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I agree ... except for the enema part lol.

Stick a poison up my butt and it will come right back at ya mate. It is called an emergency poop!

Unless I am missing something.

P

Well, there are a few emergency drugs we give rectally including one called Kayexalate that help to lower lethal levels of potassium. So you take a urinary catheter with a balloon. Insert into the rectum past the spincter, inflate the balloon, and boom no mess......

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There are so many inexpensive drugs that kill I hear fentanyl is cheap and lethal at 2mg. Killing is a rather unsavoury affair and those who kill and harm maliciously should meet unsavoury ends. A bullet will do costs about a dollar too.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

We were purchasing those lethal drugs used in executions from the U.K., but they stopped selling them to us in protest of the death penalty.

The European Commission has imposed strict controls on the export of drugs used to carry out lethal injections.

EU firms wanting to export drugs such as the sedative sodium thiopental will now first have to ensure the product is not going to be used for executions.

The ruling could slow down the rate of executions in the US, where the drug must be used by law in lethal injections but is in short supply.

European rights groups welcomed the restrictions as a "positive step".

The European Commission - the executive arm of the EU - said it wanted to ensure that no drugs were being exported from the union for use in "capital punishment, torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment".

www.bbc.com...

Then, American drug companies blocked their usage for executions. The drugs unavailability has actually cut down on the number of executions in the United States.

In some ways it has made those states that insist on carrying out execution of prisoners more painful and drawn out for them, so that is certainly the downside.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Killing Killers will only get ya more Killing-----repeat

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Im entirely with you. Lead...works just fine...cheap efficient, painless.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
In an interesting move the state of Oklahoma, citing a problem with obtaining medications necessary to perform lethal injections, is going to use nitrogen to perform its executions.

Nitrogen is not toxic per say but if used in increasing percentages it would be lethal causing hypoxia. Sea Level oxygen percentage is 21%. If you introduce a greater concentration of nitrogen the body will be starved of oxygen and succumb to hypoxia. Given the difficulties they hav ebeen having this may be a better way than lethal injection.

But:

1) What is all this nonsense about not being able to obtain vascular access on the condemned? I can get an IV into a dehydrated chubby infant which is a high degree of difficulty. Why are these guys so hard? They need better people. Or better yet, lidocaine the shin and drill an interosseous cathether. Done and done

2) This focus on this cocktail of drugs. The problem is the drug being used are no longer commonplace. Once they fall off of the emergency resuscitation algorithms they are difficult to obtain. Simply shoot that person up with enough medical grade morphine or fentanyl and they will stop breathing. Done and done. Its foolproof, painless, and cheap. Better yet, if you cannot get the IV, the drugs can be administered via enema.

I'm really perplexed as to why any of this is an issue. Nitrogen seems needlessly complicated

www.nytimes.com...

i have awful veins, The IV team finally put in my chart to give me a PICC line or a central line if in a bad situation. i could see some people having the same issues as me.

getting stuck over and over and over is a nightmare, even more so when nerves are hit. IJ/EJ's are awful even if ultrasound is used.

ETA: when i was getting training i saw an IO placed in the sternum, OUCHHH.
edit on 15-3-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wait so the country who used to sell us drugs that were for killing don't want us to use them for killing but yet they allow them to be made??? Am I in the upside down or...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Some states still have executions, well # eh, who woulda thunk it.

If they are killing criminals why on earth would it matter how they kill, talk about retarded.... Backwards thinking in backward places.....

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't know about Nitrogen, but I can tell you from personal experience that Helium is pretty painless.

It was my senior homecoming in high school, and 30 or 40 of us were inflating a few hundred helium balloons for the dance, using the big helium tanks with the "bendy" valve.

Well, as you can imagine, we got a bit carried away doing the helium voices, so when my turn came back around, myself and 3 or 4 friends decided we were going to sing "Happy Trails". I mean the little acapella version Van Halen recorded at the end of the "Diver Down" album.

So, the first time went well, and we decided to do it again, and I took a HUGE hit of helium, and BOOM. Next thing I knew it was 30 seconds later, and I "woke up completely unconscious".

Absolutely painless.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The issue they had at osp on the execution of Clayton Lockett the man refused water and was very seriously dehydrated so it was near impossible to find a suitable vein but Oklahoma government is a nightmare and their spending way to much money on trying to figure out what chemical to use instead of fixing the budget

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: [post=23230133]FredT[/pos

Oh please. Get over it already.

Firing squad or rope and be done with it.

The U.S. penile system suffers from a guilty conscience. It makes them feel better if they kill respectfully.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wrap 200 gr primercord around the neck and add a blasting cap.

Pop goes the head instantaneously at 30,000 feet per sec.

The condemned will never feel it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join