It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan foods to avoid.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Soy Milk - full of female hormones.

Margarine - a gray hydrogenated mess.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
A lot of vegan/vegetarian junk food.

But if you feed those to kids on a regular basis - you're an abusive parents.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
All of them.

But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I eat vegan meals and vegetables like;
Onion rings
Bacon
Steak
Ice Cream
Donuts

ETA;

Bourbon

edit on 11-3-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

If you’re paranoid about soy milk having estrogen then you have to stop eating nuts, strawberries, beans, apricots, garlic, peaches, and multi-grained bread.

They all have it.

You can even get non hydrogenated margarine also. Imperial sells some.
edit on 11-3-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The other white meat.........www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You forgot bacon and dead cow
edit on 11-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

A lot of vegan/vegetarian junk food.

Like what specifically? And how are "vegan" junk foods any worse than non-vegan junk foods? lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
All of them.

But that's just me.

Wow, no vegan foods for you huh? I've never known anyone who didn't like mashed potatoes, fries, bread, nuts, popcorn, bean and rice burritos, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, dark chocolate, soup, mangoes, garlic, onions, bell peppers, spaghetti, asparagus, fruit juice, alcohol, guacamole, hot sauce, chips, hummus, chickpeas, olives, pickles, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, corn, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, apples, salad, beans, ETC............

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You forgot bacon and dead cow

Not really, considering those are rotting animal corpse, obviously not vegan.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
dead cow

Are you suggesting I eat them raw and kicking?

Though that would save on electricitals

Tartare lifehacks hell yeah

edit on 11-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I eat a 100% vegan diet except when insects inadvertently fly into my mouth. I would recommend avoiding heavily processed foods and enjoy alcohol in moderation. Other than that, go for it!

edit on 3112018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

If you’re paranoid about soy milk having estrogen then you have to stop eating nuts, strawberries, beans, apricots, garlic, peaches, and multi-grained bread.

They all have it.

You can even get non hydrogenated margarine also. Imperial sells some.

I avoid soy because it's the most abundant GMO crop in the world

Corn and soy, just say no!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is the kind of stuff I study.

www.selfhacked.com...

This next article I think that people should read and try to understand. It talks about regulations and GRAS, it talks about plant defense system chemistry, it talks about enzymes a bit and the effect of some food chemistries on the body and mind. It is actually a lot easier to understand that the one above. This information is good for those who would desire how to interpret food choices. But this is just a small part of it, but may be adequate to help a person figure out what to do to stop problems in metabolism. Everyone needs a starting point, I am glad I did not hap upon this article right away, by the time I found it I learned twenty times as much as is in this article...the hard way.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Another good article is this one. www.aaaai.org...

Yet another good article is this. It is related to oxylates. High oxylate foods can cause kidney stones and sometimes other problems in the kidneys if over consumed. If you eat a lot of veggies, these can get high in the body, and if you do not make much of the enzyme to break it down, about half of us, then it will cause problems. lowoxalate.info...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

originally posted by: MteWamp
All of them.

But that's just me.

Wow, no vegan foods for you huh? I've never known anyone who didn't like mashed potatoes, fries, bread, nuts, popcorn, bean and rice burritos, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, dark chocolate, soup, mangoes, garlic, onions, bell peppers, spaghetti, asparagus, fruit juice, alcohol, guacamole, hot sauce, chips, hummus, chickpeas, olives, pickles, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, corn, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, apples, salad, beans, ETC............

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lets see, I have problems with eating bananas when I eat potatoes or root veggies or tomatoes. I also have problem with bell peppers, they actually burn my throat a bit, I would much rather have a hot pepper. I cannot eat much raw veggies for various metabolic and blood related issues. I love them, that sucks, I will never give them up completely. Broccoli is not good for anyone, neither is anything soy. A lot of those veggies contain coumarin, if you eat them in the summer put on some sun block. The increase in people eating veggies is causing more issues with the sun in the summers. Eat those veggies in the evening, by the next morning levels of coumarin will be lower. We do not need to raise our skin cancer risk.

I also can't eat tomatoes, but still do and am willing to suffer because of it. My face takes a beating, I get little red spots from them and oranges and also my lips break out and they bother my guts pretty much. But I like pizza on occasion and also good lasagna.

I am stuck eating meat even though I have some problems with that. I am better off with fish and high fat meat, a greasy burger is better for me than a high meat burger.

I have known quite a few vegetarians and vegans and tried to go more in that direction a couple of times. My hereditary problems are not all that common that cause me problems with veggies though.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

nutritionfacts.org...

I'll take my chances with nutrient dense, alkaline plant foods over carcinogenic, inflammatory animal protein.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
But are you suggesting they are better raw, rather than cooked?

edit on 12-3-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Now in Hare Krishna cooking, we like it a bit spicey.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote
a reply to: rickymouse

nutritionfacts.org...

I'll take my chances with nutrient dense, alkaline plant foods over carcinogenic, inflammatory animal protein.

Plant lectins can cause cancer in many people too. Their action on gut permeability can lead to inflammation.

I studied the actual carcinogenic evidence and although it can be a problem, simple cooking practices can neutralize a lot of that effect. The albumin in meat actually causes the same gut permeability that lectins do which causes almost an identicle cancer risk. Lots of veggies can increase cancer risk but some of them actually reduce cancer risk. So when you just eat meat and do not eat that companion chemistry that kills cancer when it is small, yes, you can increase the cancer risk. I know quite a few foods containing these neutralizing chemistries.

I knew a couple of vegetarians that got cancer. I never asked them what type of cancer they had, but they died from it or side effects of the chemo. If you get along with eating plants, go for it.

I tried going vegetarian a couple of times and got some serious side effects, I also tried going to more of a paleo diet, that didn't work. I got my genetics done and I need to have both it appears. Your epigenetics controls the enzymes you make and the enzymes control what foods you can eat. The majority of people need to eat a balance of foods, that balance is effected by the amounts of enzymes you produce, some veggies block the enzymes, they can cause much worse of a disease than cancer, with cancer you usually die unless you choose to fight it, some of the plant defense system chemicals tear apart people's bodies and organs if they cannot properly metabolize them. I am not the only one that cannot eat much vegetables, lots of people cannot become vegans, over half the people in this country cannot tolerate a vegan lifestyle.

Betaine and choline are not the same chemical, an enzyme is needed to convert them. If a person cannot convert betaine to choline or choline to betaine, then they have to eat both chemistries, one is plant, one is animal based. In the betaines there are dimethylglycine and trimethylglycine, some people also lack adequate enzymes to switch between those two in the body. It is very complex, I am just giving one example of many. I personally cannot convert betaine and choline both ways, I need to consume some of each. That showed up in my genetics in the methylation information and after observing how I feel, I think that is correct in my metabolism. I seem to be able to convert the dimethylglycine to trimethylglycine all right, that is not an issue. I do not have enough snps to evaluate that from my collected DNA so I had to research the symptoms. Betaines and cholines are both needed in our body. My biggest problem with some veggies is blood related, I have problems with the third step of making the hemoglobin, that is what I concluded from what happened to me from the meds, and when I got my DNA done, the first thing I checked for. It is a more common laplander trait. We do not need to eat as much veggies as some people to have the same good effects, too much veggies can poison us. Epigenetic changes occur to help to let us live in the environment we are in, Far Northern Europeans did not have a lot of plant foods year round so they adapted genetically to live on less.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My rule, women must cover their arms.

Or they can't go in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join