It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan foods to avoid.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Can a vegan eat a dead cow if it found it dead of natural causes...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

please define " vegan food "

its not atrick question

i fefine " vegan food " = anything that is not rerived from or processedwith an animal product // by-product

so apples, bananas , tomatoes , potato , rice to name just a few of my favorite foods - are all vegan

what i have contempt for - and refuse to eat - are vegan // vegitarian crap thats attempting to avoid using animal products

but thats just me

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

please define " vegan food "

its not atrick question

i define " vegan food " = anything that is not drerived from or processed with an animal product // by-product

so apples, bananas , tomatoes , potato , rice to name just a few of my favorite foods - are all vegan

what i have contempt for - and refuse to eat - are vegan // vegitarian crap thats attempting to avoid using animal products

but thats just me

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Can a vegan eat a dead cow if it found it dead of natural causes...

Would you eat your dog after it died of natural causes?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Touchè...

But seriously I have been thinking about it lately, old age beef has become more of a thing, if we farmed in such a way that we just ate thr ones that died naturally, would vegans have the same moral dilemma?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Touchè...

But seriously I have been thinking about it lately, old age beef has become more of a thing, if we farmed in such a way that we just ate thr ones that died naturally, would vegans have the same moral dilemma?

I think you're oversimplifying why many people are vegans or eat vegan foods. For example, practicing Muslims and Orthodox Jews don't eat pig. That includes all pig byproducts like pig-based glycerin & pig-based gelatin. This isn't a problem with most foods since fruits, nuts, vegetables, tubers, etc are naturally Kosher and Halal. And eating Kosher and Halal certified food products also helps when it comes to processed foods and foods that are made with equipment that processes multiple products.

However, many processed foods will include pig-derived ingredients without explicitly labeling them as such. And since so many foods in Western countries aren't officially Kosher or Halal certified, buying foods that are "vegan" certified is another way we ensure that we're not eating foods that contain pork byproducts.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: halfoldman
Soy Milk - full of female hormones.

Margarine - a gray hydrogenated mess.

If you’re paranoid about soy milk having estrogen then you have to stop eating nuts, strawberries, beans, apricots, garlic, peaches, and multi-grained bread.

They all have it.

You can even get non hydrogenated margarine also. Imperial sells some.

I avoid soy because it's the most abundant GMO crop in the world

Corn and soy, just say no!

Oh please. This just shows me how uneducated you are to the genetically modified world. GMOs save more lives than they take.

My guess is that you eat or use GMOs all the time without you even knowing it.

Please tell me you only wear polyester and wool clothes. Because 95% of the cotton in America is from GM
edit on 12-3-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner
According to ISKCON yes.

If you find a carcass you may eat it.

No bad Karma.

Out of the three classes of Vedic men, yes, the warrior class, they may eat this without Karma.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The cow, oh yes, you may eat the milk products.

Just don't mistreat the cow.

And they said butter is bad.

But rather have butter - avoid margarine (an unnatural, toxic food).

No problems in India with health as long as people ate butter (or clarified butter).

But as soon as people turned to margarine - wow, then the heart-attacks start happening.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The primary reason I chose to adhere to consuming foods that have not been derived from animal products was because I have always felt close to non-human (Earth) creatures. I work with animals, have always had them in my home, and I do not want to chew on their flesh or eat their eggs or drink their milk. I also avoid purchasing/using anything that has been tested on animals. I am disgusted by factory farming and animal testing for a plethora of reasons.

The only scenario I can see myself consuming animal flesh would be in a survival situation. I'm selfish and would do what I needed to do to survive. I know that possibly the majority of people on this site think I'm foolish for not enjoying the healthful and joy-bringing benefits of BACON, but I do (and don't do) what I feel comfortable with, and I won't try to shove my way of life down YOUR throat.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, the "bad karma" is in the act of killing.
Not in the flesh itself.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

originally posted by: MteWamp
All of them.

But that's just me.

Wow, no vegan foods for you huh? I've never known anyone who didn't like mashed potatoes, fries, bread, nuts, popcorn, bean and rice burritos, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, dark chocolate, soup, mangoes, garlic, onions, bell peppers, spaghetti, asparagus, fruit juice, alcohol, guacamole, hot sauce, chips, hummus, chickpeas, olives, pickles, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, corn, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, apples, salad, beans, ETC............

😂😂😂

Half of what you listed is only eaten by me if it has butter, real butter on it or mixed into it. Bread is best when made with egg in the recipe (and, again, butter that sucker up before consuming). What maniac eats bean and rice burritos without at the very least some cheese and sour cream, if not also including some steak and cooking the beans with salt pork or ham? Spaghetti needs meat sauce of some manner or you're just slamming carbs. Veggies are usually best when prepared with some bacon or in a stew with moose or beef. Berries suck without real whipped cream. The rest of your list is mostly comprised of garnish items used to add a bit of variety to meat dishes. Very seldom have I sat down to a meal of pickles, tomatoes, and onion... but throw those things on a burger with some cheese and bacon and a delicious egg bun and you're onto something.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If you have a chance and have one nearby, go to Veggie Grill and try their VG Beyond Burger- I have been told it tastes very similar to a BK Whopper, I've tried it and it's pretty darned good (but not my favorite item on their extensive menu). I've given their Santa Fe Crispy Chickin Sandwich to friends who did not believe me when I told them it did not contain meat. Just because food doesn't contain animal products does not mean it won't be satisfying and taste incredible. But, don't do it for me, do it for yourself, the planet, and most of all, your animal brothers and sisters.
ETA: I won't try to convince you to change your lifestyle, it was just a suggestion. If you come to Seattle I'd be happy to treat you to whatever you want on the VG Menu, and if you don't like it I'll take you out for whatever you want.
edit on 3122018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If you have a chance and have one nearby, go to Veggie Grill and try their VG Burger- it is nearly identical in taste and texture to a Whopper. I've given their Santa Fe Chikn sandwich to friends who did not believe me when I told them it did not contain meat. Just because food doesn't contain animal products does not mean it won't be satisfying and taste incredible. But, don't do it for me, do it for yourself, the planet, and most of all, your animal brothers and sisters.

I'm fairly sure there are no Veggie Grills" in Alaska. I'm also fairly sure I wouldn't enjoy something that tasted like a Whopper. I get what you're doing and it works for you, so

I grew up on a ranch, was hunting deer and elk before I was 10, and have spent my life butchering my own meat. I'm not changing and I don't have "animal brothers and sisters." There are pets, animals raised for food, animals raised for fiber, game animals, and everything else in my world. The first and last aren't eaten and the 3rd is only eaten when you reach an overcrowding situation and need to thin the herd. Numbers 2 and 4, however, are nutrition.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about chocolate? Does that count?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Absolutely!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

So why make all this veggie stuff 'taste' like meat then? Why make a 'burger' that looks like a meat patty, why not make it look like a giant soy bean, or a perfectly geometric square of tofu?

If man wasn't supposed to eat meat, then why make other products which aren't meat...look and taste like meat?

Full disclosure...and I can't stand linoleum that looks like tile either, or formica that looks like wood or stone. For the exact same reasons. Same with fake leather...and yeah, BUTTER! Oh, and I raise cattle too, and fortunately haven't (yet) run across any cows that weren't really cows, but just pretending to be cows (although I'm quite sure someone is probably working on it).

Just sayin'.

edit - I'd like mine on the Rare side of medium-rare, please!

edit on 3/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Absolutely!

Well, then, that, and some fruits and veggies would count, lol. Still refer a nice juicy steak, or a burger.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

In my opinion a whole food plant based diet is best. As many vegetables and fruit and legumes that you consume. No salt. No oil. Limited amount of nuts, avocados and seeds and no dried fruit.

Garlic is not good for you it is a herb a powerful antibiotic that does not discrimintate. Its a medecine and should be used that way. Portella mushrooms give you cancer. (have a look at paul statment ) Onions should also be avoided.

Thays my two pence anyways

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The "Evils of Beans" ...
nourishingdeath.wordpress.com...

No really!

I once thought some foods were banned by groups who live communally, because they led to wind and uncomfortable smells (beans: the musical fruit - the more you eat, the more you toot).
The prohibition on garlic in ISKCON would be another example.

But to hear the real reasons some of these food were banned at times is astounding.

Beans had no joints, and for many Hindus garlic (at least modern garlic, the ancient variety is thought to be extinct) and mushrooms were in the mode of "darkness".

But with strict adherence some sects use some plants for certain parts of the month, but ban them at others.
So there can never be over-toxification, since some plants do possess some toxins and hormones.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join