It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got a spare hundred boxes of Levis before the SHTF...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I've had moonshine. The jar was full of fruit. It was sweet and kind of smooth but man did it burn. Then it warmed every muscle in my body.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Lab4Us

How long do the rest of the world have to put up with american egotism

Sigh...so that would seem to imply you think it’s okay to apply tarriffs to American goods around the world, but the US isn’t supposed to apply tarriffs to any imported goods? Aplogies if that’s not what you meant, hard to tell from your snark...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I would add to my earlier Harley related post, go try a Rocket 3 at your nearest Trumpet shop.

I got rid of mine last year and my eyeballs have only just returned to their proper place in my head

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Anyone with a sense of history knows economic isolationism never works.

But hey, our PoTUS doesn't know much about that.

Kind of wondering how you went from free trade with tariffs imposed (already happening, the numbers just need to be tweaked) to economic isolationism?

Because you know, trading with other countries isn't exactly economic isolationism....

Looking forward to your reply...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just like to point out something I noticed as a yank living in Germany...
My favorite jeans are Wrangler boot cut jeans, they last for years and are great working pants in my opinion.

In the States I can get them for as low as 25 dollars US in some places, over in Belgium I went to an outlet store and they wanted 80 euro for a pair.

In this little microcosim it certainly looks like our good are already subject to a signifigant increase in cost for some reason, read into that what you will.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Just like to point out something I noticed as a yank living in Germany...
My favorite jeans are Wrangler boot cut jeans, they last for years and are great working pants in my opinion.

In the States I can get them for as low as 25 dollars US in some places, over in Belgium I went to an outlet store and they wanted 80 euro for a pair.

In this little microcosim it certainly looks like our good are already subject to a signifigant increase in cost for some reason, read into that what you will.

When I lived in Germany a bottle of Bacardi was 16$ on base. It was 20$ stateside. It was 55$ off base in Germany.

So yep... this has been going badly for the US for awhile.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

nah It was more in reference to, how America and Americans believe that the world wouldnt be # without them, but we stand on the shoulders of giants, It's what our species do best , we excel through co-operation
I think everyone should be allowed to trade freely , but these trade agreements and international business deals with government only bring about corruption and inspire greed, and make the world a less compassionate place, because the only end goal is making wealth. Basically it's egotism gone wild , personal greed , the accumulation of wealth.
Profit before People and Planet is the current model for economic gain and it does nothing but deplete our planets ecosystems and destroys the human soul and all we have left is more hate and anger just for personal gain in this one life all so people can say my legacy has survived , my name will be remembered

capitalism the free maket , it encourages people to care more about the accumulation of irelevant material possessions which have no real value to a human and dont enrich our lives in anyway but only give fleeting moments of joy.

Society and business can dress up their "corporate values" to paint a pretty picture about how much they care about the world or the people or the environment but ideally the end goal is the money!

what started out as small businesses has grown into this ever growing cult of money making , its no longer about personal survival and trading your craft to get buy .

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Lagomorphe

cant the UK just hike up whisky export tarrif , everyone loves whisky

Time to horde scotch in the US before it all hits........that 65 dollar bottle might end up being worth a hell of a lot more

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join