It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Wish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Death Wish starring Bruce Willis has gotten bad reviews from critics but I saw it tonight and liked it. I'd give it a 7 or better. Entertaining movie.

Anyone else see it?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Old angry white dude taking Revenge by killing bad guys with firearms? Hollywood could do a LOT worse.

Oh yeah - Black Panther - somebody check the actual tax receipts please (heh heh). I saved my money to see Death Wish twice!!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Critics hated it and fans loved it...pretty much how you know a good movie these days. Everything is backwards on the media so you flip it to know the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It was tripe.
Bruce Willis has not even attempted to act since pulp fiction.
I watched the original beforehand and it has not aged well.
Nowt to do with guns or owt it is just a badly acted very average revenge movie.
John wick was sooo much better.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is a remake of the Charles Bronson movie? That was even pretty cheesy for the time it was released? Well I saw it on VHS but I'm sure it was just as insufferable a few years before.

What's Bruce doing... ever since he stopped dating cybill sheppherd he's not been the same.

edit on 5-3-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Hit the nail on the head , people who like Bruce Willis will probably like the movie , his broody sulky routine and tough guy look seem to be enough to get him through these days but Willis lives off his name not his talent as an actor of which he never had much.

Real actors play a part Willis just plays Willis.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

and what about Denzel Washington? Would you say the same for him?

Denzel and Bruce always play the same person... they don't need much range.

(although Denzel played the part of an Alcoholic in Flight pretty well)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Definitely going to go see it if the critics hate it that much. That's when I know it will be good. No more SJW movies.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

and what about Denzel Washington? Would you say the same for him?

There's a whole list of lazy Hollywood "A" list actors and yes the same applies to them too , the gullible movie going public like what they know so "actors" like Willis phone in their performance to give their adoring fans the same mindless , effortless performances they expect.

It's nice to see a real actor , Gary Oldman , get the gong for a proper acting performance this year.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cigarettes

I like the Black Panther movie. I might go see it again while it's still in theaters. I want to see this movie as well. I remember the old Death Wish movies with Charles Bronson. I think there are three of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There are actually 5 Death Wish movies made by Bronson:

www.google.com...

The first one came out in 1974 and the last one came out in 1994.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
BALDNESS.

We can ascertain that Bruce's movies have declined as his hair line has. I therefore submit that it is his hair that has been the cause of his decimation in the movie industry.

One begets the other.

Unlike myself, who has shaved his head and never made movies, my decline has been less noticeable.

so we can therefore surmise, that it is his baldness that is the reason why mr Willis now performs insufferably in terrible remakes of dire movies.

WE NEED MORE HAIR PIECES.. Orange, of course.

Oo

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Death Wish starring Bruce Willis has gotten bad reviews from critics but I saw it tonight and liked it. I'd give it a 7 or better. Entertaining movie.

Anyone else see it?

The original was much better........

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

The wild thing for me about this movie is I thought it already came out last year.

I saw the trailer for it.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Bruce Willis was always overrated
I’ll give it a miss

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's nice to see a real actor , Gary Oldman , get the gong for a proper acting performance this year.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: testingtesting

Hit the nail on the head , people who like Bruce Willis will probably like the movie , his broody sulky routine and tough guy look seem to be enough to get him through these days but Willis lives off his name not his talent as an actor of which he never had much.

yeah but Bruce will always get to be John Mclain.

Come out to the coast well have a few laughs

edit on 5-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Lazy, tough guy pot boiler. Keeping Willis' millions ticking over nicely.

I enjoyed Die Hard (the first one), but come on.

top topics

join