It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear fellow member, can you please give your input?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Step one, talk to your pool guy and see if he wants his job back. If you have been friends for a while as I guess you have from what you say later, tell him you have been stressed and see if he wants to repair any interpersonal damage that might have been done.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You need to breathe,relax and focus...there is nothing wrong with you.
We all go through the wondering...you knowing whats right and wrong is refreshing and a good thing to focus on.

Keep your eye on the prize...that prize is your health.
If you are feeling off...take some time to figure out what is REALLY important.

I also agree with mandroid...keep work and personal separate.
I have had to deal with my fair share of moral work dilemmas.
In business,sometimes you have to eat poo and like the taste...with personal things,you have a choice.

Re-hire the pool guy with an apology and tell him you were having a bad day.

Try having a snickers!!

edit on 4-3-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Don't give in to stress, cigs, coffee, strong drinks, or drugs.
Instead... Chores and errands, g.i. (aka general inspection), more hours at work, and some much needed exercise. You can start with some yoga...

Note- g.i. is when you pick a station and clean it whole. Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, etc...

Also... Find some time to study. Develope a skill or advance in experience with an already jobby job.

Fare well...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ever see a film, Office Space?

About my era, efficiency experts and consultants. The movie is a laugh a riot, but puts the ball in all the pockets.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Don't get to serious.
It sounds like your job isn't any fun. Perhaps you need to go out a couple of nights a week , spend some time with friends. Have a couple of drinks and laugh with buddies. Play pool, or poker, tell stupid stories. Don't forget, one of the most important things is to occasionally poke fun at yourself.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Paragraphs. Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Learn to read without them...hope THAT helps!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
I have decided to go see my childhood pals for a little getaway. We are going to backpack through the Ozarks like we used to. Till we meet I am going to take additional time off and fix a few things around the home that need fixing. My little sister is going to stop by often and we are to play more board games than usual. I really do think I may seek a new job/career. My skills can be better used not ending peoples career. Also if I think I may have sourced the reason for me feeling in the dumps. The other week I let someone go that was really good at their job but in reality was not needed for the company to succeed. The moment I arrived at the office they work at they knew why I was there. The entire building went silent and I was to blame. The guy I let go was more man than I and broke down in front of me. I will not allow that to happen to me again. Breaking down is fine but to watch someone breakdown and beg for me to just leave and take it all back really got me. Anyways thanks peeps for the support and I will keep ya posted as time goes on.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I think maybe I need a career change.

I think you may be on to something...

Clearly there is guilt or shame in how you feel about what you do... and it seems to be affecting those around you

money makes the world turn

Though you can't buy happiness...

*shrug*

maybe you can... it ain't in my budget though

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Lets see.. Fire a guy then invite him over to play games....youre 30, single, yet family is primary (which part of family... unless you're living in mom n dads basement).. You got a pool, and sip wine 4 nights a week... it sounds like you need a life. (To exchange for your current one).

Don't sound real involved n the world the rest of us are in... Get up, get out, get a relationship... And not around the pool..

IMHO... Just an observation

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The last "pool man" that we fired... we ate.

He was a drake duck that was kind of a d-bag.

Our goats and sheep landscape, our chickens are phenomenal insect exterminators, the alpacas take care of security and our pigs serve as a recycling staff.

Fired employees become dinner.

(We had an attack goose for awhile... until he scared off the poor FED-EX guy... )

edit on 5-3-2018 by madmac5150 because: It's good for the gander as well

top topics

<< 1   >>

join