It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear fellow member, can you please give your input?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So recently I have been going through a tough spot with work and just living in general. I will start with my job. Recently my job has been to find out how to save money and then find those who can be let go for the biggest gain. I hate doing it but it pays my bills. Doing this day in and day out seems to have had a adverse affect on the way I treat normal daily tasks. For instance I fired my pool guy cause he stepped on some chicken poop and I was free roaming them there in hopes of getting the grass to grow again. That was a really big D move on my part and really opened my eyes that maybe something else is going on with me. Second I will say what happened with my mom at dinner the other night. My mom and I enjoy our dinners together talking about space and other awesome things. During one of these conversations guns came up.
This is a very touchy subject and I don't want to talk about that but she told me I did a 180 in regards to the family view. I cant pinpoint what is upsetting me but those two things really did upset me. The first one makes a hell of alot of sense cause I went full D-bag mode and fired someone that has been my Thursday midday friend for over five years. I am not sure why the seconds bothered me so much but it did. I do work for the devil but I hate them just like all of you do. I really don't want to go to a doctor and def don't want any medication for anything. I just want answers. Maybe, hopefully someone can bring up a point I have not thought of. Either way thank you to all that read this

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I will give some input into my life style. I am 30yrs old. I am on no medication and don't do any drugs besides wine 3-4 nights a week. I am single and and focus on my family and no on else.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't know anyone else who has a pool guy to fire==or a pool, for that matter, so I'm guessing your job with the devil is pretty lucrative, but it is the main cause of your stress. Why not formulate a plan to get out of it. Even if you can't get out of it immediately, having a plan and a goal might help you lessen the stress of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well congratulations for your first world problem. That Sounds like a d1ck thing to say, but the positive you can take from it is: others have it way worse.
Why would someone give you pills for something? Did you loose control and kill someone? Or hit?
Either way you already know you have to figure out what's bothering you.
No one will be able to tell you what that is. But you can figure it out.
I would assume you fired the guy because you are bothered by something.
You fixiate on what your mother said because you are bothered by something.

But what do I know.
/*random internet person out

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
separate your work and personal life.

Don't fire people with emotion.

A+B=C

IF we don't end up at C, I have to hire X, you have x more chances.

and leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sounds like you could use a vacation...

🙂

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I will start with my job. Recently my job has been to find out how to save money and then find those who can be let go for the biggest gain.

Thats a really crap job. Imo, thats a good place to start.
edit on 4-3-2018 by intrptr because: spewllig

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Hi Allaroundyou.

Life isn't always easy, it's good that you're looking for some help getting to understand better what factors could come into play.

Off the top of my head, we recently had a full moon.Some people tend to get more emotional at those times, and many experience a more general sense of chaos too.If these events you shared happened towards the end of last week, that may be something to consider.Hopefully you are feeling a little better moving forward.

The other thing that comes to mind, is the work you are doing for now.It sounds like a challenging position to take on, I don't envy that job.Often when one is doing things out of necessity they would rather not, a part of them starts to feel resentful.This can be a gradual thing, perhaps this is part of what is behind your adverse reactions to others.

I know we each need to pay our bills, is there any mobility in your role with the company you work for?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Does your Thursday midday friend know you fired her?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon I actually just got back from a vacation after 3 years of never missing a day. And to the others I don't work for the mob lol. I think maybe I need a career change. Doing such a thing seems like a impossible task. When I started my job what I do was not the intention of what I do now. What I am good at as far as I know seems only useful to a major corp. I was set up to start a business in Oklahoma but that fell through and that very thing could be the cause of such stress.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
TP

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
It was a dude and ya he knows I fired him. He is still employed but man I feel horrible. I sent him a personal email inviting him over for a BBQ and to play some video games.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Try calling the pool guy,making amends and offering him the job back?

Even if he doesn't accept, you'll probably feel better about your role in the situation.

Everything else?

Well, change it up or don't.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr LOL ya your telling me dude. When a meeting has to happen I get the nastiest looks in the room and am viewed as the devil. I am starting think that maybe my job has to go. It pays well but I don't think it is worth this kind of stress.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You have a pool guy??? I don't even have a pool...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I don't know anyone else who has a pool guy to fire==or a pool, for that matter, so I'm guessing your job with the devil is pretty lucrative, but it is the main cause of your stress. Why not formulate a plan to get out of it. Even if you can't get out of it immediately, having a plan and a goal might help you lessen the stress of it.

I'm with you, I don't know anyone who has a pool guy either. I do know people who have above ground pools they set up in the summer, but after a few years they usually get rid of them. It is a lot less work to go swim in Lake Superior or one of the lakes around here in the summer, the highschool has open swim in the winter, and you can join the YMCA for less than you would pay a pool guy.

I was a boss for over twenty years, sometimes you got to dump workers if they are not working out. I did that more than a couple of times, some people can not learn the profession I was in or are not good at heights. Strangely, the good workers were happy that the bad ones were gone, they had to work harder when the others messed up.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's called burn-out, or as my sister-in-law said when she was burnt out working in a nursing home and no longer giving any Fs, "the job is eating your soul."

The solution really is to get out of that muck & into greener pastures if you can. Ultimately, my sister-in-law went from nursing to IT, but got back into nursing after a good decade out of it. She's in a less stressful nursing environment now, though, so environment does make all the difference in the end one way or the other, same line or work or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4 Ya I have a pool. It seems to have the purpose of collecting mice and bats though. Owning a in ground pool sucks and seems to eat ALOT of money. Also my pump is from the 80's and breaks all the damn time.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am no MOD but I would like to call this thread closed. Thank you everyone who was willing to contribute. Your thoughts really did help my future ones. GOD BLESS the united countries of HOME-SAPIENS!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join