It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this movie based on a ATS thread?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was going through sci-fi movies on a streaming site the other night when I came across a movie with a plot that sounded familiar. I know we aren't supposed to talk about banned members, so I'l just describe the plot and see if anyone can make the connection:

A triangle shaped artifact is found in a mine way out in the desert, which then activates and takes the protagonist on a journey to the moon to find more artifacts, and eventually reveals an ancient advanced human civilization that at one time lived on Earth....

www.imdb.com...

Now, it's kind of a crappy low budget movie. No offense to anyone that worked on it, I'm just not a fan of low budget green screen sci-fi movies.

Any ideas which thread I'm talking about? The only thing missing is harvesting our dreams for faster than light travel...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I’ll have to check this movie out. That’s one of my all time favorite threads! I wonder what happened to that member anyway? He seemed like a sci-fi author to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm sorry...were those Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Now that sounds a lot like, "He Who Shall Not Be Named", story.

However that's not an uncommon story plot.

It's a MacGuffin of course.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well they did make a movie about Battleship and Rampage.

Why not.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ive seen it. Its not based off a thread. Its based off conspiracy culture. (Thats a thing BTW)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

can we get to the point - and cite the thread that this movie is alledgedly based on ??

yes - ATS has rules against discussing banned members

but if thier thread is still viewable - the thread can be discussed -

whats not permitted = why the member was banned , how to contact them , where`are they now

etc etc

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

can we get to the point - and cite the thread that this movie is alledgedly based on ??

yes - ATS has rules against discussing banned members

but if thier thread is still viewable - the thread can be discussed -

whats not permitted = why the member was banned , how to contact them , where`are they now

etc etc

I figured it would be easy for most members to pick it out, it's one of the all time great threads of ATS in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I’ll have to check this movie out. That’s one of my all time favorite threads! I wonder what happened to that member anyway? He seemed like a sci-fi author to me.

Definitely one of my favorite threads. It probably doesn't have anything to do with the thread, I just thought it was a weird coincidence.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm sorry...were those Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots?

Haha. Worse. Green screen robots.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe someone will link the thread in question?

Edit:
Thank you very much TEOTWAWKIAIFF. Looks like a really fun thread.
edit on 2-3-2018 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I actually do not mind low budget movies, some are very good. A good actor can make a low budget movie good. So can a good writer.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Man, one of the greatest threads of all time! Stop being helpless and try and Remember... your lost Knowledge

here you go down the bunny hole.

@OP, that sounds interesting! And yeah, the plot you've described sounds familiar! Will have to give it a gander a bit later.

BTW, seen a triangle shaped craft, silent, fast, go invisible (or at least see through). Very impressive tech! I would like some time to do a proper inspection! hehehe

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Man, one of the greatest threads of all time! Stop being helpless and try and Remember... your lost Knowledge

@OP, that sounds interesting! And yeah, the plot you've described sounds familiar! Will have to give it a gander a bit later.

BTW, seen a triangle shaped craft, silent, fast, go invisible (or at least see through). Very impressive tech! I would like some time to do a proper inspection! hehehe

Thanks. I'm glad someone got it.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I actually do not mind low budget movies, some are very good. A good actor can make a low budget movie good. So can a good writer.

Oh yeah, same here. I just don't like when low budget movies incorporate a lot of cheaper looking effects, mostly green screen.

All it takes is a good actor, dialogue, and story. If it relies on that, it's hard to tell if something was cheaply made.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
More ATScentrism?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
But the OP of that thread was not banned.
Just left.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

My bad, I thought I remember reading somewhere they were banned. Didn't want to step on any T&C toes.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
More ATScentrism?

ATS IS the center of the universe.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

To the comment about the triangle, I've seen a couple too. The weirdest one was the small, drone-ish one I saw floating overhead in downtown San Francisco. It wasn't invisible, but it was so black that if I hadn't seen the lights turn on on the bottom I would have never seen it. I'm talking some crazy shade of deep, deep black.

It's crazy to think that someone has an aircraft somewhere that can float through a major downtown area in a city like SF between buildings without being seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join