It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this movie based on a ATS thread?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

To quote South Park "Simpsons did it!"

There are very few fresh ideas left; remember Avatar that movie where we invade another planet to pillage its resources? it's Independence Day in reverse. Then you have The Power Rangers which is pretty much Voltron.

If you read it on ATS, It might be an original story but a rehashed one, every time I think I come up with an original story, I find out someone already beat me to it.
edit on 2-3-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's crazy to think that someone has an aircraft somewhere that can float through a major downtown area in a city like SF between buildings without being seen.

There you have a possible answer, your first two words.

it was so black that if I hadn't seen the lights turn on on the bottom I would have never seen it.

If the purpose was to be clandestine, to remain invisible, to not be seen, then why oh why would someone aboard,,,,,, turn on the lights on the bottom while flying over a major city broadcasting their presence???

I'm not being snide here, well maybe a bit, but skepticism needs answers to little questions like that.

I chased the bunnyhole link and found the thread. Fine read. However the story line is a variation on a number or SF conceptual notions of how Earth humans make it past the current rampages of idiocy and head on out to the rest of the cosmos.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A lot of the reports are BBTs only being noticed when they block out the stars. Only then do people get an idea of the shape of the craft. Either that, or there are lights at the triangle's apexes (people
are good recognizing a pattern and triangles are familiar shapes).

Mine was the three lights at the corners. When it was about to pass between the moon and my point of view (and I was going to get a good look at it), it went all shimmer-y (kind of silver-ish for a brief moment), then I could see the moon and only the three white-blue lights at the corners! This thing continued to do laps around the city (it passed directly overhead on one of the laps). I was amazed at first. It was totally silent. Then I jumped up and down and said, "A_0!! F# yes!!!" because I had read the thread as it was posted back in the day as a lurker. I had my BBT sighting in 2015.

The movie sounds like fun! See what they got wrong or misrepresented. Maybe learn something new. At least now I have something to do over the weekend!!

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If the purpose was to be clandestine, to remain invisible, to not be seen, then why oh why would someone aboard,,,,,, turn on the lights on the bottom while flying over a major city broadcasting their presence???

A mistake? That's all I could think of. And the triangle in question wasn't big enough for someone to fit in. Which is why I think it was some kind of drone.

Maybe the government, maybe one of the tech companies in the bay area. I have no idea about the how's and the why's, I just know what I saw.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The movie sounds like fun! See what they got wrong or misrepresented. Maybe learn something new. At least now I have something to do over the weekend!!

Thanks!

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I hoped it might be some type of soft disclosure, maybe from people working on the same project as he who shall not be named.

I should have looked over the thread while I was watching the movie to see if there were any more similarities other than the obvious parts of the plot.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

To quote South Park "Simpsons did it!"

There are very few fresh ideas left; remember Avatar that movie where we invade another planet to pillage its resources? it's Independence Day in reverse. Then you have The Power Rangers which is pretty much Voltron.

If you read it on ATS, It might be an original story but a rehashed one, every time I think I come up with an original story, I find out someone already beat me to it.

True. There is nothing new under the sun.

Our sun anyways..

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
But the OP of that thread was not banned.
Just left.

That's what it seems like....the thread was closed by the looks of it.....hmmm disappearing aircraft!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

There are many types now - manned, unmanned, supply, experimentation, and escape pods of a diamond shaped nature. Mr Pope had one briefly on his wall.

link

That is what he said, so maybe your little craft is just a variation.

Disclosure... that would be nice! Otherwise, they would be serious in the "breakaway society" and leave us to our own fate in 2044. We kind of were wondering how disclosure would come about. #snip# did say "the internet would meltdown, this site twice", were one to float out of a hanger.

I keep waiting for this site to meltdown, twice!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah, as to "fine story" ...but when you have two respected forum members saying they had contact with the RKs and then several other confirmations via other trusted routes, it starts being more interesting.

The "story" has interested me for years and has resisted our collective debunking efforts, though is ultimately just a good possibility due to lack of info.

But, it's either a several years long psy-op with a big budget and several members embedded at this site, lying, or it holds truth... and is the best partial UFO explanation I've run across.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up... same to Underwerks.

I was playing with the possibility of "fictionalizing" the story, and still hold out hope the RKs, if real, will let me be the journalist who breaks the story... heh.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So, why was that thread closed for no reason?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

The author went home!

In honest speculation, you are not supposed to make "exit" threads. It devolved into, "you believe this crap" vs. "BBTs exist and #snip# knew where they'd be seen, that has got to mean something" and without the author to defend or answer for themselves, moderator stepped in and closed the door.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Funny. I plugged in my headphones to watch the trailer and the clip started by itself!

OK. Review of just the trailer. Triangle artifact "activates" and the government is set on keeping it quiet. Images of what appears to be the protagonist flying in space... and sleeping. That is core to the Forever Men plot line: SES hover over the calculating minds abstracting the calculations being done. Now that I think about it (heck, let's be honest, when do I not think about it? hehe), the mind can outperform computers and some even say they are biological quantum computers so having an entire segment of the population acting as one larger bio quantum computer... well that is what they want to do with regular quantum computing!

Robots. Why did it have to be robots? My thoughts: cheaper than hiring an actor (CGI). But the ship has to fly to the moon to discover them. That is similar to RKs flying around to spots around the solar system in #snip# thread. It is the act of discovery. A bunch of flashes of peril. Then...

A man, sleeping (??), in a tube that is shaped... like a pillar! A nod to the Four Pillars of humanity? She finds what we could basically be called the Akashic Record for an ancient civilization. From #snip#, the artifact found in the mine is also an ancient artifact that was made by humans.

Space would be an obvious place to place something you would not somebody just stumbling across which is just like what the carbon-carbon encased artifact told the RKs to do.

@underwerks, thanks for post! There seem to be many similarities between the two stories. And I don't believe in coincidence!

This movie sounds like the ending is going to be worth it!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Werks

I am not doubting your sighting. I just don't know that if this is a common type sighting, these big black triangles, then what are they.

The commoness of them, as it seems that this ''vision'' is rather generic that it has been reported by so many people in various and far flung regions, then why would a human origin still be top secret. Know what I mean?
My sightings took place decades ago, back when the ''saucer shape'' were more common. Back then, in the 50s and 60s I had hopes that we would all know by now. that the guessing and speculation would be a thing of the past and we could all move on from there.

But here we are now more than 50 years from my sightings and where are we. Still speculation and concocting these grand scenarios, of which I think the story you lighted upon to be.

It may be that the super secret and advanced Earthly space program HAS developed behind our public eyes and indeed we have gone on out into the solar system. I mean, all that hidden money that government spends and all the big time profits the elite have squirreled away might have been going on to construct this ultra secret program. Maybe.

It's just that the ability to keep something big a secret seems to remote for me to accept. It would have to extend out too far, to all the amature astronomers and the lowly professional people, the electricians the builders the site controllers and maintenence guys. All those people who have been up into space working on the programs.

Sure stories abound, and many have commonality, but that is easily understood as one poster above pointed out, the stories and not new any more, they all seem to be built upon previous stories.>

So, I apologies if I sounded brusk with you earlier, it was more my own frustration over the lack of public knowldege in line with my own sightings that flusters me.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Groot

The author went home!

In honest speculation, you are not supposed to make "exit" threads. It devolved into, "you believe this crap" vs. "BBTs exist and #snip# knew where they'd be seen, that has got to mean something" and without the author to defend or answer for themselves, moderator stepped in and closed the door.

True, but why was the thread (which was posted in July of 2014) only closed a few months ago (November of 2017)? I find that unusual.

The movie could have been done much better but personally it was worth the watch just to see that guy from The Nanny play the bad guy and see his ripped off face stuck on a robot like a mask!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
oh yeah ASTR0! the original Q anon, oh wait before him there was john titor too, huh kinda the line of forum whistleblowers

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

i have to say that while i found the concept of leaving the forum with an weird story an quite strange concept, i still liked it, quite 2001

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
who told you he was banned?
he just exited ats, as for why, well thats the mistery
i also have heard rumors that he is still here but under an different username

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
who told you he was banned?
he just exited ats, as for why, well thats the mistery
i also have heard rumors that he is still here but under an different username

I thought I read that somewhere. It's been about 6 months since I've really read through that thread, so I guess I was mistaken.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Thanks for the heads up... same to Underwerks.

I was playing with the possibility of "fictionalizing" the story, and still hold out hope the RKs, if real, will let me be the journalist who breaks the story... heh.

I'd be happy scrubbing toilets if it got me a ride in space on a BBT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join