It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Project- It really happened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
strange, from what i can infer about the story, only the ship itself disappeared. I can only assume that the water displaced by the vessel naturally 'closed up'.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
According to book I read a couple of years ago, eyewitness reports said the ship disappeared, but there was a hole that remained in the water where the hull should have been.

It is as though the ship did become invisible, but was still there to displace that water. The experiment was supposed to make the ship invisible (camouflage) not make it vanish forever or or time travel.

I also remember something similar reputedly happening to a ship in the Bermuda triangle. As I remember the story, a large ship was in tow because of some mechanical breakdown. And there were also some scattered fog banks around at the time, no wind and a flat calm sea.

A crew member on the stern rail was looking out along the tow cable, and he saw the still very tight tow cable just ending in the air with nothing attached to it, the second ship had completely vanished. But he could see a giant dark hole in the water just behind where the cable ended.

According to the story, a small fog bank then drifted across his line of vision and the tow cable suddenly went slack and fell into the sea. They turned back and searched, but could find nothing. The ship and crew had just suddenly vanished in a dead calm sea.

I don't know about any of this stuff, but there is something really creepy about these stories that gives me goose bumps.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ITS KRAKEN!!!!!!.......a fog in calm sea....just curious did that guy or whatever mention if it was cloudy or was it sunny?....was that fog very sudden and appeared out of nowhere?....highly unlikely unless there is really something wrong....lets start an expedition......hmmmm maybe send a robotic thing there and see if it dissapears..if yes its should be a restricted zone......if no.......let more ships sink

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmariachi
This coming from the man who thinks contrails are chemical experiments on the general public.

close. i think it is a program, not an experiment.
off topic, though.
here we're talking about time travel, which is a mathematically proven thing that subatomic 'particles' can and indeed MUST do(read 'the tao of physics', great book), if'n you study yer quantum physics a little. creation and annihilation. particles just wink in and out of existence.
where does 'it' all come from? indeed, what is 'it'? 'it' is a mandala of patterns in spacetime, and consciousness, affects, and, i believe, creates reality. only your perception changes. from one perspective in time, the little bits that make up 'you' are changing at the speed of light. 'you' literally change into a different sack of particles every wavelength of light 'you' 'travel' through. taken from a fifty year frame of reference, 'you' are a spiraling tube of frozen light in spacetime.
anything is possible.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by billybob]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a little experiment to try(link)
....quantum computing proves there are parallel universes.
david deustch(link).

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by billybob]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
[www.qubit.org...]david deustch(link)[/url].

I don't think quantum computer proving parallel universes is the same as quantum parallel universes.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Im not sure about the philadelphia project, it does seem possible but i don't think i've seen another hard evidence to believe in such a thing. I've seen dozens of websites stating that it happened, but im going to sit on the fence for this one.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmariachi

Originally posted by billybob
[www.qubit.org...]david deustch(link)[/url].

I don't think quantum computer proving parallel universes is the same as quantum parallel universes.

huh? i don't know what to say to that. until you step through the veil, your 'thought' is pure subjective drivel.
if it hadn't been 'proven', you would laugh at me for 'believing' in parallel universes.
my strength is admitting i don't know doo doo. i believe nothing and everything at the same time.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
although nobody takes me seriously,
and I don't know much about philidelphia story.
This is what I know.
They have the technology to sort of trick your brain to see and hear things.
For instance they can make you see an airplane noisly flying over your house and whever you go but it really isn't there, and the sound isn't there. from this I can assume that they can make you not see it, inversely. What happened probably was that ship did not disapper physically, but it did not get caught in radar or it was made invisible, sort of high tech trickery involving human's optic pathways.
For instance they made a fake moon in the evening to follow me but there was no real moon so I saw only one fake moon.

I sound totally off the wall and crazy but it is all true and I am not joking, I am being serious.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
would you mind telling us how it was made invisible again.....yes ive heard of invisibility....there are colors outside of our sight spectrum which we cannot see therfore its see through to us....but one weird thing is....even if it is invisible you cant just see through it.......if there is something there....you will not be able to see the other side of it unless light can pass through it.....it cant just dissapear....you would still see the outline of a ship

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
They wired the ship up and when the electricity was turned up, it interacted with the metal giving the ship a strong electromagnetic field. This was supposed to make it invisible to radar, but actually made it deflect light ( thus making it invisible), and supposedly transported it to a harbor in Virgiania, and then back to Philly a few hours later.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
if the light is deflected it still means being reflected....the light has to go through the ship....if it is deflected then we can still see it....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I mean that it acted as a mirror... or it absorbed the light

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
well to render yourself invisible you would need a jillion tiny cameras embedded into the ship everywhere in the ship and a jillion projectors that project the light from one side to the other..........or you can just have special powers.......no i think it became invisible because it sent out a force that rendered somebodys mind to ignore a ship and not see one.....maybe thats how.....jedi mind tricks do that...and i read a book that did the same things cept it was about elves and this prodigy kid

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
according to preston nichols, an extremely high powered antenna is used to create a rift in the spacetime fabric.
using gigawatts of energy from a task specific generation facility, magnetic fields are generated along an x, y and z axis via the antenna. this is yer basic three dee. a field is allegedly created in the center of the antenna, which is basically a time neutral zone, or kind of gateway, out of the 'tube' that is our three dee reality.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by billybob]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well I don't know, but radar stealth technology sure surprised a lot of people. Reflecting or absorbing all the radar illumination so none returns to the radar receiver. It took fifty years of radar development for someone to think of it and get it to work.

Maybe there is a way to bend, absorb, or deflect visible light somehow, so none of it can reach your eye ? Who knows.

I still think it was a cloaking device and not time travel. That is all it was ever supposed to be, something to make naval ships invisible.

Nicola Tesla came up with some quite extraordinary ideas, he may have figured something out, but it turned out to be something far to dangerous to life to be of practical application. Nobody still really understands what life is or exactly how it works. There may be forces that interfere with how the life force works. It would not be good to mess with something like that.

When medical X rays first came out, nobody at first understood how dangerous high doses were to living organisms. There may be an as yet still unrecognized form of energy that these guys were experimenting with, without really knowing what the full effects would be.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am only 18, so i might sound stupid.........but from i remember........If you time travel back in time............you will appear in the same EXACT SPOT that you left the present, and vice versa... Another thing, with the time traveling, I do think it is POSSIBLE, but the Eldridge seems to have peculiar attributes in its TIME TRAVEL, Point A- Where it left the sea, Then it went to point B-Norfolk, Virginia, and then BACK to Point C- A future point in time but at the same spot it first left off. That is what we are told...........BUt could it be that it only went from POINT A (present) to Point C(the Instantaneous reappearance that would have been felt or seen by the crew, but not to our eyes for the spectators would have waited 15 minutes for it to reappear.) Then for another experiment a year later, they used the same refurbished SS Eldridge in the same experiment but in NORFOLK, VIRGINIA, then they would have performed the same experiment and that is what could have made the appearance during the FIRST TRIAL but in NORFOLK.
The only thing is, we don't have the REPORTS of the SECOND TRIAL if there was one....and if there is, they are hidden from the public's view.

But who knows.................that is what makes the SUBJECT of TIME TRAVEL so interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe that the experiment really happened, because there are too many witness accounts to say otherwise. How it happened though, that I don't understand.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Jeez... I can't believe my first ATS post is getting hits. Solid... There were other tests done after the Philadelphia one, but they transferred the experiments out into the middle of the ocean. Like I said back when I started this post... If somethig didn't happen why did they transfer these tests out into the middle of the ocean. And if the ship actually did disappear and the government has since been working on perfecting this technology, just imagine what they've accomplished in 60 years since the incident.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There is in fact a site on the world wide web that sells a large binder with over 1000 articles having to do with the expirement. Some of you should check it out, it is really interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join