It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Toy Maker Selling Collapsible Twin Tower Toys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A SAUDI novelty company is selling collapsible models of New York's Twin Towers so that "children of all ages" can "play terrorist" and "have hours of fun punishing the Great Satan."

The outrageous item is selling in toy, hobby, rug and bridal shops, pharmacies, open air markets, bars, belly-dancing schools, hardware stores and even new car dealerships in Saudi Arabia and throughout the Middle East.

"This is outrageous -- I'm flabbergasted," fumes Velma Creigt, a U.S. citizen working in Saudi Arabia's capital city of Riyadh.

"How dare these people try to capitalize on the death and suffering of the innocent Americans who perished on 9/11?"

The answer to that question, says a spokesman for Death to the Infidels Toys -- the company that makes Twin Tower Mania -- is simple.

"If the Americans have taught us anything over the years," he explains, "it's how to make money off a tragedy."

Pretty disgusting stuff if this is really true. Info was found at:
www.weeklyworldnews.com...

edited to add this link to the Miami Herald's version of the story:
www.miami.com...

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mods...can you move this thread to the "War on Terrorism" section...I mistakenly put it in the wrong place!! Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You're new to WeeklyWorldNews aren't you?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How is this any worse then American action movies always having the evil protagonist as a foriegner? I'm not defending either; just pointing out the flip side of the coin.

Edit: Ha! Didn't see it was WWN. However my statement still stands.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Jonna]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's too funny. I mean, c'mon, everyone's getting all offended, and they probably didn't even live in NY when the whole thing went down. I lived there, I breathed in the dust, I saw the whole thing happen, and I think this is hilarious. I would buy one if I lived in Saudi Arabia, but I don't, so I'll have to content myself with laughing hysterically. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm actually a little surprised it took this long. And the marketing pitch is hilarious, "Children of all ages will have hours of fun destroying the great Satan.." Too damn funny. In retaliation we should make a toy, depicting a Muslim man eating smoked bacon and fornicating with a camel, called "Ahmed the Camel Humping Pig Eater" (appropriately enough) and ship it across the world. That would be a righteous retaliation, and nobody got hurt.

Maybe we can all learn something from this, perhaps wars of the future will be fought with plastic effigies and not 747's. Wouldn't that be for the best?

Nice post, made me laugh to beat the band.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well,
for one a movie is just that, a movie. for seconds, most terrorists are foriegn to the country they are fighting....and three, the west has never made a toy celebrating any event which was so evil.

I fail to find any toy of hiroshima / nagasaki.... belsen / auschtwits... the list goes on.
This toy is sick, and so are the minds of those that make / buy these toys.

But hey, if the saudis dislike America so much, stop going there, stop buying American equipment, and stay in your deserts. simple.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Keep in mind the source Madgrimbo, this story comes from the weekly world news, the same folks who brought us "Bat Boy" and "Aliends impregnated my mother." I was having a bit of fun with the idea in my earlier post, and I suggest everyone else do the same.

WWN is entertainment, so why get offended? Either be entertained or indifferent, but getting offended at entertainment is pointless.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Not so simple. American products and values are imposed on these cultures. Not necessarily a bad thing if the majority enjoy them, however Americasn businesses and products are unavoidable almost everywhere.

And as it has not quite been clarified in previous posts, this is a joke article. And a damn good one at that.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
You're new to WeeklyWorldNews aren't you?

I see what you mean, one of their headlines is
Strange Breed of Cat Found on Saturn's Moon

They couldn't make this stuff up...wait a second....they could

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Regarding WWN....I also read about this same product some place else. So I will hunt it down and post where it's located to legitimize the thread. I heard about it before I read this article at WWN....I was searching for the story and that's the first place it popped up!!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If WWN's story is fake, it is based on this story:

Complaints prompt firm to recall twin-tower toy

A 1 ½-inch toy that includes a plane flying between two buildings angers customers and leads to a recall by a concerned Hialeah company.

BY GREGG FIELDS

[email protected]

A Hialeah company that sells 99-cent bags of Mexican candies recently recalled thousands of the packages after discovering, to its horror, that a free toy included inside re-created the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York.

The story is from the Miami Herald: www.miami.com...

I would say that's a legitimate source. WWN just got creative with the real story!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Same story available at: www.innewsweekly.com...

with a picture of the toy I might add! So the WWN had the "whole" story wrong, but there was a true story there. Still pretty sick that anyone anywhere would come up with such a toy for any purpose!

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yeah any one who has a small item that implies murder is sick. next thing you know people will start wearing jewelry in the form of a murder device on a chain...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
yeah any one who has a small item that implies murder is sick. next thing you know people will start wearing jewelry in the form of a murder device on a chain...

No matter how many times I hear that joke, it continues to be funny.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
cool where can i get one?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, IF this is true, its time to incinerate Mecca.

Heck, WW3 is only a few months away, may as well strike first. You all know as well as I do, WHEN the official war starts the Saudi’s will side against the US anyways.

I have developed a new "alarm" that should be an accurate measure of when WW3 will start: Just monitor GWB's investments. When you notice Dubya dumping stock in Saudi businesses the war is about to start.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
I fail to find any toy of hiroshima / nagasaki.... belsen / auschtwits... the list goes on.

Duh, have you seen what kind of toys are in your supermarkets? An AK-47 replica anyone? Shooting cute, soft, pink pellets? Suitable for kids 3 years up.

Id think guns have killed a few more people than terrorists.

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
This toy is sick, and so are the minds of those that make / buy these toys.

That goes for American made Action figures wearing nazi uniforms to of course?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The story is from the Miami Herald: www.miami.com...

I would say that's a legitimate source. WWN just got creative with the real story!

Yep, and I've seen this on my local news here as well (Tampa, FL). There are OTHER incidents like this as well, involving pro-terrorist toys that appear innocent, but are anything but. While the WWN stretched the truth (as they often do, to say it mildly), there is a basis in fact here for this....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

cool where can i get one?

Sad that anyone would post this and think it's funny. Why don't we burn down your house and everyone in it, and then make a toy out of it. Would you buy one of those too?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Well, IF this is true, its time to incinerate Mecca.

Heck, WW3 is only a few months away, may as well strike first. You all know as well as I do, WHEN the official war starts the Saudi’s will side against the US anyways.

I have developed a new "alarm" that should be an accurate measure of when WW3 will start: Just monitor GWB's investments. When you notice Dubya dumping stock in Saudi businesses the war is about to start.

Do you have any idea what would happen if Mecca was nuked? Clearly not as you would not suggest such a ridiculous thing if you did.

1, you would more lose every ally you have, every country who currently support what you do would have nothing to do with you ever again.

2. Every single moderate Muslim would rise up against you.

3, No one outside of the US would buy any US goods completely destroying your economy

4, you would kill maybe as many as a million innocent men, women and children.

5, many more millions would die in the wars which the US would find itself in with the 1.48 BILLION Muslims willing to die to destroy you.

6, America would be basically destroyed financially and physically.

There would be no justification ever for such a sick act to be carried out, besides it won't happen even bush isn't that stupid plus Mecca is in Saudi and you're not going to attack Saudi ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join