It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An inconvenient study.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yah, but flashing lights and sirens, ambulances, and people running!

Brought to you by Terror TV.

From the way back machine: the mass media treated every death by firearm the same way back then, Feinsteen was forefront the same way back then, too.

Redirect-- focus, the guns, the Guns, the GUNS!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

you know when schools where the safest the 1800s when people and children were allowed to carry. the shootings that did happen were usually 1 on 1 or group on group the only real massacre i found was in the early 1800s when native americans attacked an elementary school.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Yeah.

Schools were safer when teachers actually taught instead of indoctrinating children.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Jefferton
Makes me thrilled I don't live in the US.

Let us know where you live and we'll find you a recent report of some lunatic doing something horrible to somebody there. Then multiply the number of people in your country so that it equals the US, and you'll likely find that it's all just a numbers game. More people, more psychos, more incidents.

If he were located in the UK, he might have seen the 2017 ONS numbers that indicate there is more reported knife crime in the UK than reported gun crimes in the US. Another stat to multiply.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Schools were safer when teachers actually taught instead of indoctrinating children.

I wouldn't know about that. I went to Catholic school.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

the majority of the shooting i had found in the 1800s was done to teachers who either beat raped or murdered a a student and eithe dad or big brother called out teacher and shot them

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Jefferton
Makes me thrilled I don't live in the US.

Let us know where you live and we'll find you a recent report of some lunatic doing something horrible to somebody there. Then multiply the number of people in your country so that it equals the US, and you'll likely find that it's all just a numbers game. More people, more psychos, more incidents.

If he were located in the UK, he might have seen the 2017 ONS numbers that indicate there is more reported knife crime in the UK than reported gun crimes in the US. Another stat to multiply.

How many people killed in the UK by knifes v how many killed on the US by guns?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
How many people killed in the UK by knifes v how many killed on the US by guns?

More like how many crazy people are committing acts of mayhem per capita. It's not a nationalistic thing; it's a human thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

From your wiki link

On May 22 2007, June 24 2009, and July 21 2011 US Representative Ron Paul introduced similar bills H.R. 2424, H.R. 3021, and H.R. 2613 that would repeal the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act. No form of the bill has ever passed committee.[19]

Recently US Representative Thomas Massie introduced similar bill H.R. 34 titled Safe Students Act.

Massie tried and Paul tried multiple times, to make our children safer, to give adults (perhaps living nearby or a parent visiting the school) a means to protect themselves and the students, but, nobody cares about the safety of our schools, and then they wonder why they have such a hard time learning? They dont feel safe sitting there in the open like sitting ducks. They want to know there's a Clint Eastwood type, ready to leap into action at the first sign of trouble. And they want to know that if something happens to him, there's another ready to take his place instantly. They want to know that they matter that much.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join