It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One more week til I finally see Paris! AHHHH! Also some flying advice?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Don't forget to wear wooden shoes.
ALL Dutch people wear wooden shoes.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The also tend to place their fingers in stuff too.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Only if you live in a windmill, so ok everybody wears them.
One plus is you can't sneak up on anybody. With us dutch men being the predators they are and all
Now, where did I put my bong? To the redlight district!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The also tend to place their fingers in stuff too.

She should be fine...as long as she's not a dike.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

If you ever get tired of Paris also give a look to some of these:

The most beautiful villages of France link. I have been to several dozen of them. All of them lovely, some truly stunning!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

A few travel tips when visiting Europe;

1. Strangers like to be tickled

2. Merde means "thank you"

3. Chanting "USA, USA" will get you free beer

4. The French are still sensitive over us beating them during the Revolutionary War, so talk slowly and loudly

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Jubei42
I feel like a jackass for even bringing this up, but first date?
You mean you haven't seen this man before IRL?

Nope and your point? It's not my first time online dating.

I am a grown woman who can take care of herself.

Yea first date. It's not like we don't talk and video chat constantly. In today's society I prefer this method of dating. I can't stand men locally who are shallow and selfish. I have had my fair share of jerks the last ten years to last a lifetime. I met this man by chance and well I am going with it. Nothing wrong with taking a chance. Neither of us are worried about not getting along in person.

Always someone with a negative attitude.

I wish you well on your journey, I have a feeling you'll enjoy it there! May this guy end up being 'the one' for you.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I don’t think she should follow that advice lol. But I will when I go cause I don’t really care.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hug a refugee for me.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
MORE Paris travel tips:

Tell everyone you're Jerry Lewis' grand-niece to get the best tables in restaurants.
It's always worked for me.

ALSO...give money to every mime you see.
Most of them are evil...and WILL attack you if they get upset or dislike your shoes.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Sleep as much as you can before Paris. Once there, it's a nonstop experience. You don't want to miss anything about Paris. The city is huge and some stuff happens in the middle of the night only. I think it could take weeks to see the whole thing but 3 days in Paris with the man you love sounds really great.

I have no desire to sleep at all! HA! I can sleep when I get back. I have wanted to see Paris my entire life so I'm excited. I have loved the Eiffel Tower since i Was little. It's all over my room and now I will finally see it.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

HAHA! We have made all these jokes with each other.

In that case have you seen the film A Bunch of Masons Tricked Me Into Visiting Paris Where They Used Me in a Blood Sacrifice Below that Pyramid Thingy By the Louvre?

HAHA!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

It's good to hear you had contact with his parents, and from what I can read you've been around the block a few times regarding relationships. I hope you don't blame me for projecting my bad experiences on your adventure.
Bon voyage et tout a l'heure

Oh not at all. I know you meant well

My last LDR the guy was in the Navy. I went to visit him in Italy for 3 weeks. We had already been dating for a year before I visited and he was stateside when it started. Well when I got to Italy I told him AT the airport if he didn't want to continue this relationship after the trip he just had to tell me now and we would just have a nice time while I was there. He said "oh no I'm a mans man I would never do that to you." Well this so called "mans man" broke up with me the day I got back to the states via MESSENGER on FB and didn't talk to me for 4months!

That is just one in my line of jerks. I could probably write a nice romantic comedy about my love life. HAHA maybe I will finally get my happy ending and I can write that script?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I used to be scared to fly in commercial planes, I thought they would fall out of the sky if the engines stopped.

Not the case, they have a better glide rate than a lot of small planes, can glide for hundreds of miles and land normally under no power, the planes glide configuration is tested, and the pilots are trained to know it, it's pretty basic stuff for even a non commercial pilot. These guys are trained way beyond that level.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Sleep as much as you can before Paris. Once there, it's a nonstop experience. You don't want to miss anything about Paris. The city is huge and some stuff happens in the middle of the night only. I think it could take weeks to see the whole thing but 3 days in Paris with the man you love sounds really great.

I have no desire to sleep at all! HA! I can sleep when I get back. I have wanted to see Paris my entire life so I'm excited. I have loved the Eiffel Tower since i Was little. It's all over my room and now I will finally see it.

I liked the tower but believe it or not, I didn't climb it. The Arc is so beautiful too. French people are fascinating, I remember a farmer selling wine on the streets, Sunday morning people walking with baguettes, the good coffee and the
craziest taxi drivers ever, they really go fast.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I hope you have a great time, and enjoy your European escapade!! Paris can be a bit dirty in my opinion, plus it's full of the French, look for less touristy areas. If it's somewhere you've always wanted to visit, I hope it's all you wished for.
edit on 27-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Paris is a # hole. Also full of the French!.
Good for you going Dutch though coolest dudes about.

Haha yea he isn't too fond of the French but said he would still take me since I've always wanted to go there. Yea so far he is pretty cool. I love his sense of humor, rivals mine.....which is pretty dark and twisted at times but he can keep up so that's a plus!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Don't forget to wear wooden shoes.
ALL Dutch people wear wooden shoes.

He actually wants to get my son a pair! My mom has always collected wooden shoes too so she will get some as well. I might as well too!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

If you ever get tired of Paris also give a look to some of these:

The most beautiful villages of France link. I have been to several dozen of them. All of them lovely, some truly stunning!

I don't know where we are going besides Paris. We are in France for 3 days. He has planned all the surprises. He knows I prefer non tourist areas but I still have to see Paris. I will have to check these places out for my next trip there.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Have to agree with "Testing" the Dutch are really nice people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join