It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luis Elizondo Interview for the 2018 International UFO Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Indeed.

It's this sort of thing which forces me to be a Buddhist in a manner
of speaking.

It's impossible to tell the difference between "real" and "not-real".

We can't know what happened "before" and we can't know what happens "after"
(the Universe).

If we seemingly discovered "all the laws of physics" and then rule a vast star empire
for a billion years.. we might then discover it had all been a simulation, for a 5th
grade science project "one layer up".

"science" is our honest effort to be consistent, when we can't know beginings
or endings.. or even if we are real or simulated.

That's all we have.. and it's not enough. But we have to make do.

So either you go insane, or you live like a Fool.

But I wish that more of us could enjoy life, and not suffer so much.. and maybe
loosen up a little.

I now have a 4 month year-old puppy who sleeps with me every night.. cutest
little thing I've ever seen.

he doesn't worry about this stuff... and he's happier than I am.. he has no bills
to pay.. and he's stuffed full of puppy treats and loved. But even if he wans't
I suspect that he'd still be pretty happy.

Our toxic minds make us unhappy.. so "pets" are good for us.. they live better than
we do.

Kev

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

You've touched on something I also believe. None of these things really matter in the sense they either exist in their own right or they do not. If they do, it doesn't matter what you or I think. If they don't, it doesn't matter what you or I think.

Sometimes clichés are enough and 'angels dancing on pins' works for me. Your puppy has the advantage.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Does it matter as long as were having fun. But of course were NOT having fun, are we?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Does it matter as long as were having fun. But of course were NOT having fun, are we?

This world is dominated by the following:

1) Toxic politics (evil people are usually the ones who seize power in politics).
2) Toxic religion (most of them never remotely happened the way they say they did
and also refer to #1).
3) Toxic economics (the rich take everything from the middle and the poor).
4) Toxic niches - such as UFOlogy.

I think that most of us feel "ridden hard and put away wet" (a horse reference)
and we don't like it.

Our brains evolved, to seek meaning.. our world is so fetid, that very smart
people tend to be desperate to find external meaning..

Only it doesn't seem to exist.. there's just our toxic mind.. playing tricks on us..
for the most part.

If *something* else plays with us a little.. it doesn't care about our welfware
one tiny iota.

That's the ugly truth.

I wish that everyone would just deal with it... take that as a starting point
and start doing more positive things.. rather than self-twisting our
'panties' and wringing our hands.. running after deceptive scraps.

What are you doing Kev? you might say? I've been working on the previous
first step for some time.. as have a number of us... it's like being an alcoholic..
it's hard to go cold turkey straight.

Kev

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

My hope is that enough noise can be made so that we finally get undisputable confirmation that something is out there. We will not know what exactly, why or whence. But it would be the first step. This is why I think TTSA is of value. Until today the public at large never got this confirmation. Maybe TTSA will fail, too, but in my opinion it has only started, this is not the end.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

But he's the CEO of To the Stars so who can be telling him to shut up?

Well, I still get e-mail advertising for apparel from TTS, so he is doing SOMETHING

Most of those scientists who are part of DeLonge's team but not actually employed by him are schooled in biological and neurological disciplines. Why would they know about meta-materials?

The first Sekret Machines book explained that the control of a UFO works through the mind (the pilot puts his hands on a surface and that establishes some sort of direct mental contact with the machinery). In a combat scenario in the story this union of mind and machine is decisive for the outcome of the battle. Maybe they really believe that this type of technology requires this type of control. Or something much more sinister is going on.

So, why when this video has already been posted in another current thread do you feel there was a need to create a whole new thread about it?

You are right, I had already posted a link to this video in my other thread, but found it important enough to merit its own thread. In fact it got more attention here and the discussions that have evolved in this thread are quite interesting.
edit on 27-2-2018 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Some conspiracy theorists are absolutely convinced that "the government" (who exactly is that? Donald? Hillary??) is colluding with evil ETs and using advanced technology to control us all. Maybe this is true, but there is less evidence evidence for this theory than for the story we hear from TTSA.
And the TTSA story is more likely in my opinion.

The best we can do is try to make progress as a race instead of waiting for somebody else to solve our problems.
Sometimes it looks to me as if ET or some supernatural forces keep dangling carrots in front of our noses in order inspire us to take the next step. As if our civilization was guided along for millenia. Maybe the time has come where we are supposed to figure out how these UFOs work?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I posted a thread in 2010 called 1960 or 2010? 50 Lost Years in Ufology.

A very interesting thread, thank you!

Maybe the Nimitz case can evolve into something that will be a milestone in Ufology. But it is not there yet. Maybe FOIA requests or hearings will change that.

I want to clarify that the following text are MY words, just my comment to the interview, not a statement by Elizondo. I apologize that this was not very clear in my opening post.

This is sad. It is not the "deep state", "the Cabal", "the CIA spooks" or whatever that is slowing this down. It is the "UFO community" that has exaggerated the ability to be critical and distrustful to unhealthy levels. From Mr. Elizondo's side things look a lot different than what the sceptics are insisting on. Without more dialog we will get nowhere.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Now that's an interesting viewpoint!

The unusual acceleration of the Tic Tac UFO at the end of the Nimitz video was explained away as the effect of a zoom-in that happens at that very moment. This dampened my enthusiasm for the video a lot.

But your post made me look at it again and - much to my shame - I have to admit that I had not even realized that this is not just IR but also regular video. And in the video part it becomes clear that this is not a conventional aircraft or a helicopter. It does have the form of a Tic Tac. Not a very likely shape for a drone and if it were one I wonder how it flies. And yes, this could be the sun reflecting on a smooth surface.

So maybe there is hope for this to become the irrefutable evidence that is needed!

The difficulty is that a layman like me cannot judge whether the object in question accelerates in an unexplainable way or not. A lot of communication and education must occur regarding this ATFLIR system. Only then can we come to our own conclusions whether this is something unusual or whether a mundane explanation is possible.

I will start right here with two questions:

1) Does anybody know whether the "Weapon Sensor Operator" is a person or an automatic system?

2) The resolution of the video is not very good. Is this all that Raytheon can come up with or was quality lost in the process of publication?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore

My hope is that enough noise can be made so that we finally get undisputable confirmation that something is out there. We will not know what exactly, why or whence. But it would be the first step. This is why I think TTSA is of value. Until today the public at large never got this confirmation. Maybe TTSA will fail, too, but in my opinion it has only started, this is not the end.

We question its value only based on the people inside it and their history. And their intentions. Is it a money making endeavor or a sincere effort to find and disseminate truth? I imagine one could do both.
We were told it had something to do with disclosure

Are they going to dribble out mysterious items like the video?

Then they come up with a group filled with IC agents and bio chemical people
What’s that all about?
The lead up to it was problematic and deceptive
What can one expect?

Though, I concede it has merit in that it has gotten us to sort of reinvigorate the subject. One can't have any problem with that.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I am sorry if this came across as a quote from Mr. Elizondo. These are my words, not his exact opinion. Only the answer in italics is a quote. For Elizondo's words please turn to the YT video.
edit on 27-2-2018 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I would add:

0) Toxic drugs

Cool for the puppy! My wife insisted on a dog (I did not want one for lack of time). Now I have to admit I would miss him, he teaches me tricks.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

LOL!

Pets train us, we don't train pets!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Actually your negative analysis, which I have no problem with (as we go merrily along watching the slaughter of our children and do nothing and watching a good part of the world starve to death) agrees with the basic philosophy of most religions save the pie in the sky ones. That philosophy is that the world is corrupt.
All of our toxicity can’t be created from a vacuum, it has a source.

In any case, many people think or hope the UFO phenomenon may provide insight into some of these questions about our f___ed up world, or at least bring some answers or questions.

I do agree that humans need to help themselves as much as they can. That is if they know how to do that.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore

I am sorry if this came across as a quote from Mr. Elizondo. These are my words, not his exact opinion. Only the answer in italics is a quote. For Elizondo's words please turn to the YT video.

No big thing its not important.

I saw the video

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I agree that TTSA is far from perfect and they had me disappointed in various ways, too. But it is still better than any other ongoing effort I know of.

One thing to consider is that Elizondo and others who are familiar with miliatry equipment might have a completely different perception of the footage. Maybe they look at it and for them it is evident that this is an unexplained phenomenon. It does not even occur to them that an outsider cannot interpret this type of video and will remain unsure.
Contributing to that could also be background information. If Elizondo talked to dozens of people he trusts (military), possibly even personally knows, he already starts with the mindset that UFOs exist. It is clear for him. Then any ole footage will do as a proof. Possibly he overlooks that a skeptic or "non-believer" needs something better.

Anyway, it is good to see that exchange of questions and ideas occurs. I am still hopeful that we somehow are moving, sometimes even forwards.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I want to emphasize two vital issues here.
One, IF, there is a disclosure many people may not be able to handle it.
Two, just think about the fact that if there is something to this, then why in the world doesn’t that reality behind the “phenomenon” just make itself known.

That’s what gets me to think this may have some kind of structural metaphysical reality behind it.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We’ve exceeded certain limits by our actions to such an extent they have brought this on humanity and there may be a sinister element behind this relating to our own actions as a species

Of course, by we, I mean the PTB. Ultimately, though, were ALL responsible.
Therefore the government may know something we don’t know and the reason they keep it secret is because they may have been challenged by whatever is behind the phenomenon and don’t want to fess up. And worst...
Don't want to stop doing what their doing that has brought these strange and mysterious UFOS to our reality.

Indeed, this may not be any pie in the sky--oh gee whiz the wonderful aliens and UFOs.

It may be, oh sh__ what have we done and oh sh__ what are we doing!

edit on 27-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
One, IF, there is a disclosure many people may not be able to handle it.

I have come to the same conclusion and that is why I find "confirmation that something unexplained exists" a prudent first step.

Two, just think about the fact that if there is something to this, then why in the world doesn’t that reality behind the “phenomenon” just make itself known.

I always found this highly suspect. Star Trek's "Prime Directive" does not cut it for me. I do not know what the answer is, but my inspiration is Babylon 5: A universe teeming with life, some races destructive, many constructive, good guys and bad guys, just like here on earth. And some life forms have god-like qualities, non-physical existences (like the Vorlons in Babylon 5). Looking around, the "prison planet" theory fits best for me. That would mean we are not an attractive place to visit. Maybe some use our nations to play games like we organize chicken fights. That's what Sekret Machines #1 hints at in the last chapter when it implies that the Greek gods were ET.
And maybe there are some beings out there who believe in the good in us and who are trying to reform us so that one day we can leave the prison. OK, I know, that starts to sound religious now

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Actually all our toxicity might simply be the result of natural evolution.

Since evolution has no goal.. no purpose.. in and of itself, the biggest,
baddest, nastiest, most toxic person is the one most likely to survive..

now, granted, humans eventually became social.. so that means
the biggest, baddest, nastiest, most toxic LIARS who could play
the social game are what evolved next...

and if you haven't noticed our political system (in the usa anyway)
it's plumb full of these people.. in both parties.

Overall, people invent a 'source of evil', for two reasons:

1) they haven't studied enough science.
2) it relieves them of some moral agency.

now.. I do think there is evidence for a "phenomenon".. but
it's not what people think it is IMHO. Nothing like what people
think it is. Not a simplistic moral agency actor.

Kev
edit on 27-2-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join