It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Movie" on the Wall ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of this phenomena? I've only found one other reference to it, over 10 years ago. It was in another forum on Prodigy at the time, and no real info came forward other than another person saying this happened to them. Since then, nothing.

This happened when I was 5 years old, young I know, but not dillusional. I had a very strange experience one night. I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep when a movie started to play on the wall next to me, thats the only way I could explain it. It was like an old projector style film, only being displayed directly on the wall instead of a screen. I laid on my side and watched it, staying up much later than I ever have before, mainly because I was totally scared. I was too terrified to turn around to what I felt was a scary presence playing the film. I pictured it in my head as a skeleton but thats only because I was young and skeletons were just scary to me. Anyway it was a frightening presence.

The movie itself was something about an amusement park or carnival that was suddenly overwhelmed by reptiles, I think they were crocodiles or aligators. I know it really doesn't make any sense but I kind of had the feeling that seeing this now would help me at some point later in life? I dont know. Anyway it ended and I think I just fell to sleep. I may have turned around to see if there was anything there but I obviously never saw anything except the movie playing on the wall.

This is a true story. I'm now 26 years old. I have lots of memories from my childhood, starting when I was 2 years old. I'm intelligent and at 5 I knew this wasn't a dream or a dillusion. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum and I'm hoping I could hear from someone who may have heard of this or experienced it themselves.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by njspeed]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Actually I have witnessed something like that. I watched a movie play with strange characters and events happening, like random scenes played one after the other. The people in the movie included everyone from Santa Claus to Hitler, and a bunch of people I've never seen. I dictated the whole movie to my friend as I watched it for about 30 minutes. I was on mescaline though.

That's a really strange experience to have as a child. My movie wasn't really coherent , nor did it have a plot.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Sanders]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmm, sounds very interesting. You guys were very young though, are you sure it wasn't a dream? Things get skewed over-time and you may just accept it as reality now because you can vividly remember. Pretty cool and intriguing though.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've read of a few extraterrestrial encounter reports which detail people being shown movies of events which may be related to their lives. A few reports have been of people who were shown movies through their television screens without ever seeing an alien projecting the images to them. Though I've never read of a situation exactly the same as seeing a film about reptiles taking over an amusement park.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Strange huh I know. Anyway I'm sure it wasn't a dream, it's been the same memories vividly clear in my head since that night. Perhaps it was an alien or presence of some sort. My brother whose 21 now claims to this day he had an alien in his room one night when he was maybe 8 or 9. I should get him to come on and post about that story. I always laughed about it when we were younger but since he still swears he SAW it, I guess I have to believe him now. We awoke one night in the middle of the night to him screaming "DAD, ITS AN ALIEN!!" but I actually just stayed in bed and started to laugh.. My father has seen UFOs on numerous occassions. I think the last time was 15 years ago or so... he was out deep sea fishing in the Atlantic and him and all his buddies saw this metallic looking round object just floating in the sky most of the afternoon. They said it was just sitting there absolutely still. Then it suddenly took off.

As for the movie it wasn't that they "took over" the park. It was just that in the beginning it was normal and then they were everywhere. It was actually more like a park with trees, grass and stuff. There were conveyer belts everywhere with the reptiles/crocs on them.. and I guess in my young mind I interpreted these belts as parts of amusement park rides. Although there weren't tents and games and rides that you would normally think of. The "film" or "movie" was actually quite long and I don't remember most of it. What I do remember is lying awake and watching it and being unable (maybe due to fear although I wasn't crying and I stayed calm and watched it) to turn around and see who was "playing" it.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by njspeed]

[edit on 17-2-2005 by njspeed]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Bump.. Someone must have heard of projections of this sort!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know this begs the question but, being something of an investigator of all such anomalous events, I've got to ask:
I once interviewed a person on another type of experience and then, at the end of the interview, he just sort of related how he had a neighbor who was an amateur film maker and how he'd review his work by shooting a small projector against his curtains, but, and unknowingly to him, much of the projected picture would beam across the yard and into this guy's window, causing much the same thing as you describe...soooo, could it have been anything like this?
bubbabak

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No.. that would be impossible.. The nearest house in direct line of sight like that was 100 yards away.. while the projection was only 3 feet wide on my wall and totally in focus.. Other things tell me it wasn't that.. first the time and length of the projection, secondly the fact that it had no plot.. it made no sense to me.. and was just overall WIERD.. I was 5 years old granted but I was also very smart. I read my first novel The Hobbit when I was 7... I remember plenty of stuff from when I was as young as 2 years old.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok, good; we can eliminate that possibility.
As such, I can only respond:
I have no friggin' idea........

bubbabak

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I found someone else with this.. interesting:

www.sacarny.com...

Again this is something like what I read over 10 years ago, someone describing their experience with the movie on the wall, yet no conclusion.

I'm not sure if it's sleep paralysis because I don't believe I ever went to sleep, nor is there much information about projections on the wall or anything like that related to sleep paralysis. I never felt frozen.. I felt as if I could move, but I was too scared for fear I might actually see who was behind me.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by njspeed]

[edit on 22-2-2005 by njspeed]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Indeed; that's why I didn''t even mention it: your tale mentioned none of the classic symptoms associated w/SP and a number of things you mentioned were contrary to it's classic structure.
Wish I had an answer: strange friggin' thing, that!
It neither fits accounts such as:
poltergeist
clairvoyance
UFO/visitation scenerios
classic hauntings
being "visited" by a "guardian" w/classic "teach-me-something" ending
intrusion by an unknown Out of Body traveller...
just doesn't fit anything in my 30yrs of paranormal investigation or personal cache of odd experiences.
who knows; the answer may be right in the -next- post!
I'd be just as open to a reasonable explanation as you at this point!
)
b

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This definatly sounds like a dream. Ive had dreams where I was convinced I was awake before, but later have come to the conclusion that the only possible way for what happened to have happened was for it to be a dream. In my opinion its just a very wierd dream, but in the dream you thought you were awake and sitting in bed.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Could be, but like I said I don't remember going to sleep, I don't think I ever slept. Besides theres other people who have had the same experience. Read that link I presented and the guy describes the same thing.. a flickering projection like you'd find in the movie theater. Anyway I'll just let this thread die unless anyone has some relevent information.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
some advice to you NEVER i repeat NEVER work at a carnival lol well thats weird ive never heard of this ive had my own weird things like these lights looking in my window level with them ( i sleep on 2nd floor) but this isnt my thread so i wont go into detail but never heard of this movie thing, can you give us more detail or me more detail like where was your bed aginst a wall? were you laying on side back with head tilted

Ric

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
forgive me for being a sceptic, but you were 5 years old and thats long ago... smart or not, children have creative minds. You were in bed as well, i cant remember the name of the phenomena but its something to do with a waking dream... where you are kind of half dreaming while awake, people who have visions of aliens in their bedrooms sometimes experience this.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Ric]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Look I appreciate everyones input that I was probably dreaming, but I myself know I was not. This was no dream. I usually forget my dreams a day after I had them, so for one to stick with me every day for the last 21 years is just a bunch of BS. I never even went to sleep. This was an experience that I remember very vividly, and the reason is it was so strange and REAL that I've thought about it a lot since 1984 and replayed it over and over in my mind. So it's not like some long long memory I just recovered and I might be confused about. This memory is one of the strongest of my childhood. In the early 90's I was only 12 or so, I searched for answers on the internet service Prodigy. Lo and behold it's now years later yet the memory is the same and still no answers.

As for my bed it was in the corner of the room. I laid on my side all night and watched the movie/projection on the wall. The window would have been directly behind me on the opposite wall. Unfortunately for you skeptics I was also on the 2nd floor of a home so unless there was someone out there with a ladder and a projection camera, and a film of something that would be impossible to film, it was a paranormal experience. There would be no way to film what I saw because it simply doesn't exist. A bunch of conveyer belts in a park like setting thats covered by reptiles, crocodiles, alligators, whatever you want to call it.

The hardest part of this memory for me is remembering what the movie was all about. You can take a 5 year old to a drive-in and he'll remember he was there, but he won't remember the whole movie, and thats what we have here. I don't remember one single movie or cartoon from when I was 5, yet I clearly remember lying AWAKE on my side watching a flickering projection on the wall in front of me, being scared but watching it anyway, and KNOWING there was a wierd presence in my room behind me, projecting it, and it was not a person and it was showing me this for a real reason. Hopefully there was a good reason and maybe one day I'll know it, because I'll certainly never forget that night until the day I die. I was scared as hell but for some reason I didn't call out for my parents and I was very scared but didn't feel particularly threatening. I had an imagined image of the presence behind me, the skeleton, the ghost, the alien, the projector man, or whatever you want to call him/it, but I never dared look.

The experience was real.

new topics

top topics

join