It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End DACA? Build The Wall? DACA Student Arrested In My City For Threatening A School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, the endless debate on ending the DACA program and building a wall to prevent illegal immigrants, hit a little close to home for me today. A 21 year old student, Abagail Hernandez, was charged with making a threat against a high school in a suburb of Rochester, NY. Hernandez, was an undocumented immigrant in the U.S. under the DACA program and police found a shotgun at the girl's home. I figured that "copy cat" type of threats and acts, could possibly occur in this country, after the horrific tragedy in Parkland, Florida. I never counted on it happening in my city.

This person felt "sympathy" towards Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz, based on her statements on social media. This threat was made by an anonymous Facebook account on February 15, where reference was made to the Florida school shooting. Hernandez made threats on social media as well, claiming she was going to shoot students.

"I'm coming tomorrow morning and I'm going to shoot all you b-----," the message read, according to police.

After an investigation, police say they found a shotgun at the girl's home. Further, officers determined the suspect, 21-year-old Abagail Hernandez, was an undocumented immigrant in the U.S. under the DACA program.

The threat was made on February 15; Hernandez was arrested February 20. Police said it took so long to make an arrest because the threat came from an anonymous Facebook account. "Our investigators had to track down and determine the author of the Facebook account," police said.

Investigators say Hernandez was a student in the Rochester City School District, but did not attend East High.

www.rochesterfirst.com...

Kudos goes to the Rochester Police Department for acting quickly and arresting a suspect. Hernandez now sits in an ICE detention center in Batavia, NY and is being charged with making a terroristic threat. This incident makes me wonder how many other "illegals" are planning and/or carrying out crimes in our country. We have too many criminals and mentally unstable individuals already in this country, who are American citizens. We certainly don't need to add undocumented immigrants to that list. I say, make these undocumented immigrants legal, after screening and vetting them, or kick them out! Oh wait...what did former President Obuma mention on facebook last September?

Whatever concerns or complaints Americans may have about immigration in general, we shouldn’t threaten the future of this group of young people who are here through no fault of their own, who pose no threat, who are not taking away anything from the rest of us. They are that pitcher on our kid’s softball team, that first responder who helps out his community after a disaster, that cadet in ROTC who wants nothing more than to wear the uniform of the country that gave him a chance. Kicking them out won’t lower the unemployment rate, or lighten anyone’s taxes, or raise anybody’s wages.

www.facebook.com...

....or a criminal thug who robs and assaults Americans. Or a "student" who threatens a school and possesses a shotgun.

edit on 2/23/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/23/2018 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
President Trump said today at the CPAC conference that the Democrats in Congress have already forgotten about the DACA immigrants, that they supposedly cared so much about. Democrats have a short attention span.

But guess what? TRUMP WALL will be built. The in-power Majority restated their commitment this week.

When Congress returns from their 10-day President's Day holiday this coming Monday, things will begin to move forward again.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Immigrants are only a small part of the violence problem American people are facing, focusing on the immigrants is like putting a band aid on a festering flesh wound.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You can't end DACA and blame everyone for the act of one individual.

Oh wait.

The left wants to ban all guns based on the actions of one gunman.

So yeah.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well considering that nearly all of these school shootings are carried out by a white, natural-born, male... according to your logic, deporting white natural-born, males will make our schools safer.

Do you not see the flaw in that logic?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure...let us add to that problem and add gangrene to that "festering flesh wound" so we can cut off a limb. Why don't you tell that to this mother?

The mother of an 18-year-old boy brutally murdered by an illegal immigrant DREAMer spoke out Saturday against Democratic plans for a pathway to citizenship for illegals.

insider.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Well considering that nearly all of these school shootings are carried out by a white, natural-born, male... according to your logic, deporting white natural-born, males will make our schools safer.

What class of society will be deported most heavily if the people who murdered the 7,300 children by guns since 2014, are sent away?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What class of society will be deported most heavily if the people who murdered the 7,300 children by guns since 2014, are sent away?

I don't know but I'm assuming they are natural-born Americans. No matter their skin color or which side of the border they were on when they were born, this is stupid logic.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You can't end DACA and blame everyone for the act of one individual.

Oh wait.

The left wants to ban all guns based on the actions of one gunman.

So yeah.

Which gunman might that be?
The Sandy Hook guy?
The Vegas shooter?
The Batman shooter?
The guy who sot up Luby's Cafeteria in the '80's?
Any one of of the US Mail workers shooters that gave us the phrase "go postal"?
The Columbine shooters?

One gunman...

And no, I'm not for banning all guns.

Blanket statements are how solutions to problems are never found.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Nice way to twist my statement to fit your narrative. I clearly stated that we already have enough criminals and mentally unhinged individuals, who ARE Americans. My question is, why ADD to that number by allowing illegals into our country? There's no disagreement by me, that there are many, many crazy Americans committing crimes in the US, however we don't "deport" American criminals....we put them in jail, or kill them in a shootout. We CAN and SHOULD deport unvetted illegal immigrants in our country. There's no flaw in that logic IMO!
edit on 2/23/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Nice way to twist my statement to fit your narrative. I clearly stated that we already have enough criminals and mentally unhinged individuals, who ARE Americans. My question is, why ADD to that number by allowing illegals into our country? There's no disagreement by me, that there are many, many crazy Americans committing crimes in the US, however we don't "deport" American criminals....we put them in jail, or kill them in a shootout. We CAN and SHOULD deport unvetted illegal immigrants in our country. There's no flaw in that logic IMO!

Why "add to that number"? So adding to that number is as simple as adding people?

So by your logic, mandated abortions will reduce crime. That's silly.

Those kids might be cops, for all you know.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm not the one who brought up race

How do you deport natural born citizens though? Prison?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I'm not the one who brought up race

How do you deport natural born citizens though? Prison?

Whether you can or can't, deporting Americans because they share a skin color with those who cause the most gun deaths or share a color with those who carry out the most mass shootings, etc; is absolutely stupid.

And so is assessing a person's threat level based on where they were physically born.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure...let us add to that problem and add gangrene to that "festering flesh wound" so we can cut off a limb. Why don't you tell that to this mother?

The mother of an 18-year-old boy brutally murdered by an illegal immigrant DREAMer spoke out Saturday against Democratic plans for a pathway to citizenship for illegals.

insider.foxnews.com...

Carry on then, just keep focussing on a small part of the overall problem expecting to solve all the issues.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm assuming you don't use that same logic when it comes to the large portion of democratic citiy cess-pools that drive up crime stats. It's usually a population density argument when it comes to that, but in this situation more people isn't equal to more crime?

Not that I necessarily agree in totality with the OP, because it's most likely an emotional response brought on by it hitting close to home. At the same time I agree that it's the government's responsibility to protect is from foreign threats and I fail to see how an illegal or undocumented immigrant isn't considered one.

By principal of purpose and their culpability they are responsible if a U.S. citizen is killed on the homeland by a foreign entity.

Question so would you be okay with undocument persons going in and out of your children's school all day? I doubt it because that adds to a higher potential of danger does it not?
edit on 2/23/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

And so is assessing a person's threat level based on where they were physically born.

Is it? Why wouldn't you question what kind of environment the person immigrating to your block came from?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Is it? Why wouldn't you question what kind of environment the person immigrating to your block came from?

Maybe if they came from Florida...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Maybe if they came from Florida...

Hey! Fl is crazy, I used to live there.

I had my own personal state trooper stalker in the 60's.

He used to harass me anytime of the day.

Accused me of dealing drugs and threatened me with arrest. I was 15 and having dinner with my dad. One notable encounter. I called his bluff. "DO it!"

I just moved there from "Boston". Local cops were nice. Knew my dad.

No idea about drugs besides pot and acid. (woodstock)

I think he was killed in a lightning strike.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That is definitely the best ad hominem ever.

Taking over an hour to respond so you could check my post history. And just to ignore my question.

...you could just stop posting lol

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

That is definitely the best ad hominem ever.

Taking over an hour to respond so you could check my post history. And just to ignore my question.

...you could just stop posting lol

Are you from Florida?

I mentioned it because that's where the last mass shooter was from.

It's not always about you. Unless you are from Florida in which case, no offense; my point was that it is an absurd idea.

<<   2 >>

join